Thor's costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer the current costume for both Thor's movie and the Avengers movie. Personally, I don't want to see a hint of anything Ultimate anywhere in Thor's movies, since I hate Ultimate Thor. Plus, the Coipel costume allows the costume designers to bulk Thor up a bit more than any normal human being could manage to be, which would add to the godly, otherworldly image.

The bare guns are nice to think about, but you'd have to work whomever they cast out to insane levels to make his arms look hardcore enough to be considered godly.

His godly feats would go a long ways in displaying his godliness and it would be a nice nod to older Marvel U fans.

Last edited:
True. I'm not against bare arms, really, but I just think the mail could allow the actor to look more imposing. I'd be happy either way.

I love the current comics costume. It should be fairly easy to Translate.

I'd love to have his original look. And for them to make it work. That's what I keep seeing when I think of the movie. The classic look. But then again, I'm the guy who wanted the original Punisher costume and wanted them to make it work too. Up to the movie people to do it....I just like the original vision I grew up with.

I'm cool with an updated look just not the ultimate one which only inspires a big yawn from me. It has to be one of the most unimaginative designs I've seen for someone who IS a god.

The only part of the Ultimate costume I like is the glowing circles. But those wouldn't really work well with the 616 Thor's look. They could be cool on Beta Ray Bill if we ever get to see him in a sequel (doubtful, I know, since Bill's sort of a silly concept even by comic standards, even though he is a great character).

I'm cool with an updated look just not the ultimate one which only inspires a big yawn from me. It has to be one of the most unimaginative designs I've seen for someone who IS a god.
If you stick a helmet on him and give him a cape, it's basically the same thing as the original 616...

That too. There's just so many things wrong with it that I'd puke if I saw it on the big screen.

I like the Ages costume for the movies, all of them. No ultimate crap in Avengers!!!!! I prefer the bare arms but don't hate the look of the new costume. It depends on the actor, if he has big enough arms then go bare armed but if not then the armor can make him look bigger. Plus it could be padded slightly.

I wonder if they could make a full suit of armor reminiscent of the Simonson armor work. Not for a regular costume, but maybe for a big, climactic battle or if Thor fights the Destroyer or something. That would be sweet.

I would love to see him in his new current duds when he's going into battle, and maybe the sleeveless look when he's just hanging out in Asgard.

I'm all for the Ages of Thunder look. I really, really like that.

I am kind of thinking go with Coipel style Chain Mail for the Chest and torso, maybe Upper Shoulders too, add to that the Circular deals, made of solid metal.

A kind of Hybrid ditch the idea of the leatherish toros and chest cover.

Either Coipel's chain mail look or his ultimate alliance 2 look.

2u7btiu.jpg

Whichever makes the actor's arms more imposing and looks good with the other (movie) Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"