Thor's costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either Coipel's chain mail look or his ultimate alliance 2 look.

2u7btiu.jpg

Whichever makes the actor's arms more imposing and looks good with the other (movie) Avengers.

Awesome!

Last edited:
I think it will depend on the physique of the actor. Because as good as the Age of Thunder Costume is, it requires the actor to be considerably buff where as Coipel's costume hides the arms.

I like Coipel's design for the movie.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the bare-armed Ages of Thunder look for the younger Thor of his own movie and the chainmailed current design for the Avengers movie.

I wouldn't mind if they went with a LotR type of look. Just incorporate his colors and helmet. In fact, I wouldn't have a problem with WETA handling all of the sfx on this show.

I absolutely love his current costume, so that one gets my vote.

I would like something along these lines
thor06.jpg

I wouldn't mind if they went with a LotR type of look. Just incorporate his colors and helmet. In fact, I wouldn't have a problem with WETA handling all of the sfx on this show.
I would. Weta's great and all, but we've already seen their take on high fantasy. Put them on something with so similar a subject and we'll inevitably see LotR-derivative designs and stuff. That's just what happens when you get the same people working on such similar subjects.

Personally, I'd love to see them find a Swedish or Norwegian set of designers to work on the movie. Maybe they could channel their ancestors a bit. ;)

That would be perfect for me. I would change the hammer a little however.

For some reason I love that hammer. It's a bit fancy but Looks like it would give the Hulk a good smacking.

I'd just get rid of the little thingy separating the hammerhead from the hilt. Make the hilt come up directly into the head and it'd be good.

I can live with or without the "thingy" (I have no idea what it is). I just want it to look relatively simple yet fitting for someone with Thor's prowess.

Mjolnir looks weaker with it. Like if Thor hit someone hard enough, it'd just snap off right there. It looks sturdier with the hilt going straight up into the underside of the head.

I see where you're coming from. It did occur to me that it looked fragile but than I remembered it's made out of magic metal and all that jazz. That said, I agree that it would look a lot sturdier if the hilt was connected directly to the hammer.

What do you guys think about ultimate Mjolnir? The costume is obviously hated. I like it but I dont care about it that much, I'd rather have the Ages of Asgard/Thunder whatever one...but I really like the hammer in ultimates. Little too shiny for aforementioned costume, but the design is neat.

I can live with or without the "thingy" (I have no idea what it is). .

The thingy actually looks like Thors Hammer as it appears in a lot Norse artifacts.

It does look like a weak spot in that design but it's an enchanted hammer!

What do you guys think about ultimate Mjolnir? The costume is obviously hated. I like it but I dont care about it that much, I'd rather have the Ages of Asgard/Thunder whatever one...but I really like the hammer in ultimates. Little too shiny for aforementioned costume, but the design is neat.

I hate all things ultimate, especially that hammer!:cmad:

I still don't get the bile towards all things ultimate. I love both. Although thanks to Jeph Loeb the ultimate universe has practically been ruined, for me. *shrug*

I still don't get the bile towards all things ultimate. I love both. Although thanks to Jeph Loeb the ultimate universe has practically been ruined, for me. *shrug*
Ultimate Thor wasn't terrible, he just pales in comparison to the 616 version. His costume and hammer, however, were visually pretty terrible. The hammer's way too oversized and it looks more like an axe than a hammer. The further it stays away from the movie, the better.

nogap87 said:

Very nice............however..........the helmet's wings are a bit literal for me.

Tho' I am a staunch advocate of limited mucking with classic elements of super-hero costumes I am not sure they translate very well as pictured here. Perhaps incorporating them more as part of the helmet, i.e. metallic, would be appropriate.
Lose the buckles on the boots and make the cape a bit wider, and IMO we are talking perfection.

I think the one in the middle on the left, would be great headgear for Sif

25ul5qd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24