Those damn, Mighty Ducks!

Catman said:
But, hockey is still a white man's sport.

It is but more black players are making it to the draft.

They could've had French-Canadians as the villains of D2, or maybe because Iceland is so small and nobody would care if they're portrayed like *****ebags. Iceland back then (and now) wasn't on the radar for any kind of hockey but they would come across as the most dickish of the Nordic countries.

slinger said:
It is but more black players are making it to the draft.

Eventually all black men will rule sports. ;)

Catman said:
Eventually all black men will rule sports. ;)

The white man will never give up curling.

ducks fly together!

D2 made me fall in love queen. The ending where they sing "we are the champions" around the fire to me when i was 8 was so awesome.

I was kinda pissed when i was the only who got excited about a Joshua Jackson, Emilio Estevez reunion in Bobby. :mad: :(

dodger said:
I was kinda pissed when i was the only who got excited about a Joshua Jackson, Emilio Estevez reunion in Bobby. :mad: :(

lol :woot:

Loved the films and all, but seriously how did Goldberg make the US team? :huh:

I actually own that box set. Mighty Ducks is what got me into hockey, I took lessons and everything (never got to play on a team though because hockey is EXPENSIVE).

Here's a little factoid; in one of the earlier scripts of the Mighty Ducks, Fulton Reed (the big kid with the killer slap shot) was actually suppose to be black.

Catman said:
Okay :huh: Either way...black people still don't play hockey :D

Jerome Iginla anyone? Anyway, these movies rule.

Haven't watched these movies in a while, but if memory serves me right, D2 was the better one.

I can't remember anything about D3 though.

kit1982 said:
Loved the films and all, but seriously how did Goldberg make the US team? :huh:

Cause when he pictured the puck as a chesseburger he always caught it. ;)

I like the movies and they are entertaining,but so unrealistic that's it's part of the reason they are so funny. I mean,take D2(the best of the series). Are you telling me that those players are the best that Team USA could come up with? One can't even stop! lol And Team USA faces the hockey powerhouse of...ICELAND! lol Too much!:woot::whatever:

I love these movies, & i agree, while you gotta love 1 for the nostalgic value, D2 owns. Cowboy was the best! ((Anybody seen him as the bull rider on the "Holiday Inn Express" commercial? :D ))

"I'm comin', Connie!"
"That's two minutes for... roping?"

Did anyone else notice in the last game in D2, that some of the people in the crowd were cardboard cutouts?

PyroChamber said:
Did anyone else notice in the last game in D2, that some of the people in the crowd were cardboard cutouts?
HAHAHAHA! Cheap bastards.

I saw D3 over the weekend. It was airing on Showtime. It's alright. It lacks the humor and awesome-ness of the 2nd installment, but it was still better than the original.

My hatred of hockey prevents me from enjoying these movies nowadays. Honestly though, I didn't enjoy the first one when I was a kid, so I never bothered to watch the sequels. Its not that it was a bad film per se, I just found it extremely corny, and I think I was the same age as the kids in the film, or a couple of years older, when I saw it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"