Thought sony removed bc to save money? Think again...

Jack Tretton is an idiot who has spewed thing contradictory to the rest of SCEEWWS. I wouldn't put any stock in whatever BS spin he's peddling. It's a fact taht reducing the motherboard size saves them a decent amount of money, and any person with even a reasonable understanding of fabrication knows this, and we wouldn't have a 399 SKU without it. Just ignore him, he's an example of how ******ed and harmful Sony's PR is these days.

Jack Trettons contribution to society is ****ing over the company he works for. Seriously, you have to wonder if he's paid under the table to sabotage Sony or something because there's no way anyone with half a brain would say something like that.
Well, Joe Q over at Marvel talked about Heroes for Hire[SIZE=-1] #13 cover by saying the it can't be sexiest becomes a woman drew it[/SIZE]. Way to go Joe Q and use [SIZE=-1]Sana Takeda as a bullet proof vest like that.:cmad:
[/SIZE]

You know what would be a better way to cut the price, take out Blu-Ray, not backwards compatability, we know that's a big reason why the price is so high. Also, a better way to sell PS3 games is to make better games. You can't complain about people playing PS2 games over PS3 games, when you released a major title on PS2 months after the PS3 was annouced, maybe Sony should've taken a page out of Nintendo's book and made an enhanced version of God of War 2 for the PS3 that came out the same day as the PS2 version.

amazing fantasy next-gen starts when sony says and taking a game from a last gen system and putting it on your current one is like so last-gen!!!

i'm just messing around i do how all these revisons do help sony in the long run, 'cause it would suck if they bend over backwards to drop the price and ppl say "nah i still want a 360 or a wii" :0

but in other news the xbox division is finally making profit for microsoft!!! Nintendo' had to revise it fiscal projections again!!! and sony well yeah um.........the ps3 is cheaper but comes w/o bc(i really dont care too much about that)!!!

You know what would be a better way to cut the price, take out Blu-Ray, not backwards compatability, we know that's a big reason why the price is so high. Also, a better way to sell PS3 games is to make better games. You can't complain about people playing PS2 games over PS3 games, when you released a major title on PS2 months after the PS3 was annouced, maybe Sony should've taken a page out of Nintendo's book and made an enhanced version of God of War 2 for the PS3 that came out the same day as the PS2 version.
Um, then people wouldn't be able to play games because the games are Bluray.

You do know that BR is NEEDED to play PS3 games right? Why would they take out PS3 gaming functionality in favor of keeping PS2 functionality. You'd be buying a PS2 with a PS3 exterior

It was never needed, sony realised this was the only way to get blu-ray off the ground. The 360 has a vast library of much better games on DV9s

Yoy are always full conspiracy theories HF. That's why I like you. Magic bullet my ass, right.

Um, then people wouldn't be able to play games because the games are Bluray.

They didn't need to be Blu Ray though. I don't buy the bs about PS3 games not being able to fit on a DVD either because Obilivion has over 200 hours of gameplay and looks great on a DVD disc. Sony wanted to get their new DVD format off the ground and when the remembered how well DVD functionality went over with the PS2 they tried it again with the PS3, but it didn't work this time because the technology costs too much and Sony was so excited about the Blu-Ray tech they forgot to make games.

It was never needed, sony realised this was the only way to get blu-ray off the ground. The 360 has a vast library of much better games on DV9s
but now that the PS3 has been released, it is needed. They cant just cut out the BR to bring the price down when all PS3 games at this point are BRD

Obilivion has over 200 hours of gameplay and looks great on a DVD disc
Oblivion also doesnt have hours worth of video. I havent completed it but I dont even think there is any. All the cutscenes are run from in game models. A game like FF traditionally has hours worth of FMV cutscenes in the game and all that takes up alot of space, more than a game like Oblivion would use up. Especially now in the HD era where video files are rather large, you better beleive a game like that will push the limits of a BRD

ADVANCING TECHNOLOGY IS FULL OF RISKS, THERE'S NEVER A NEED TO CHANGE SOMETHING THAT WORKS, UNLESS YOU'RE TRYING TO IMPROVE IT AND TRYING TO BREAK NEW GROUND WHICH I THINK IS COMMENDABLE!!! AS FAR AS MS HAVING BETTER GAMES, THAT'S SUBJECT TO OPINION AND TASTE IN GAMES, WHICH VARIES FROM PERSON TO PERSON!!! MS HAS SOME GREAT GAMES NO DOUBT, BUT THEY'VE ALSO BEEN OUT LONGER!!! THE PS3 IS STRUGGLING, I'M NOT DENYING THAT, BUT THERE ARE GREAT GAMES ON IT ALREADY!!! PEOPLE SAY "WELL THERE AREN'T ANY GAMES ON THE PS3" AND THAT STATEMENT IS FALSE!!! THERE ARE GAMES, NOW WHETHER SOMEONE LIKES THEM OR NOT IS A DIFFERENT STORY, LIKE I SAID DIFFERENT PEOPLE HAVE VARYING TASTES!!!:D:up:

They didn't need to be Blu Ray though. I don't buy the bs about PS3 games not being able to fit on a DVD either because Obilivion has over 200 hours of gameplay and looks great on a DVD disc. Sony wanted to get their new DVD format off the ground and when the remembered how well DVD functionality went over with the PS2 they tried it again with the PS3, but it didn't work this time because the technology costs too much and Sony was so excited about the Blu-Ray tech they forgot to make games.
You don't believe the developers that say it? The first year of games I'll give you, but games coming out next year and year after that will not be able to fit on a DVD. No matter how they try to compress it. People seem to forget that this system's life span is supposed to be around 6-7 years. Maybe longer. See PS1 and PS2. Not 3 years like the first Xbox or possibly 4 years on the 360 (speculation on my part). Do you think DVD9 will still be used in 3-5 years? Technology is constantly changing.

You don't believe the developers that say it? The first year of games I'll give you, but games coming out next year and year after that will not be able to fit on a DVD. No matter how they try to compress it. People seem to forget that this system's life span is supposed to be around 6-7 years. Maybe longer. See PS1 and PS2. Not 3 years like the first Xbox or possibly 4 years on the 360 (speculation on my part). Do you think DVD9 will still be used in 3-5 years? Technology is constantly changing.

Umm...wasn't it more like 5 years? Came out in 2001, pretty much ended in 2006. That's about 5 years.

DVD is going to be around for a long, long time. It could very well still be used 3-5 years down the road and if a game doesn't fit on a DVD, they could always put it on 2.

blue dragon clocked in at around 15 hours per disc for me across 3 discs with 9gb on each

heavenly sword was 7 hours total on a 25gb disc.

I know which purchase I got more value out of :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"