New PS3 First Party Titles to be shown at E3 - 15 TBR first party titles for 2007

Zenien

Reaction score
More than 15 first-party titles due this year

Sony Computer Entertainment America president Jack Tretton has said that new PlayStation 3 games willbe unveiled during the company's E3 conference next month.

In his first post on SCEA's new PlayStation blog, Tretton also confirmed that "more than 15" titles from Sony's internal studios are coming this year alone.

He went on to state that Sony is "putting all our efforts into insuring that we help create the best games possible for you to enjoy". Turning to PlayStation brand history, including early criticisms, he implicitly drew parallels between the current state of PS3 and the burgeoning PS1 and PS2 businesses - which ultimately went on to top 100 million hardware sales each

However it's the short term that PS3 owners will be focusing on, and Tretton had this to say: "We have more than 15 games coming from our own internal studios alone this year for PS3. Our third party partners will weigh in with a host of great games giving us more than 100 titles by year-end on that system alone.

"Right now, we are working on a slew of games and game packs that will be offered through the PlayStation Store in the coming months."

With E3 just around the corner, Tretton indicated that the show's diminished profile (limited invitations and booth sizes, most notably) hasn't diminished Sony's enthusiasm for showing off when the July dates roll around.

"Everyone here at SCEA is working very hard and is dedicated to pushing the development envelope to show you not only new stuff for games like Heavenly Sword, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction," he said, "But also a few surprises we have up our sleeves that no one has seen."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25793

I LOVE ICO, it's like awesome wasome art piece of awesome.

Have you ever played ICO, WHF? :o

It means awesome to the power of 2 or something. :O

Oh, I see. I heard the ICO games are pretty good, though I'm not going to buy another PS2 to get them. I don't have the money on hand, and I have to save up for a new PC anyhow.

I LOVE ICO, it's like awesome wasome art piece of awesome.

Have you ever played ICO, WHF? :o
Yes I have and it was overated like I said. Just dint find it that fun or interesting

You think that Shadow of the Colossus prequal will be shown speaking of which? That'd be cool.

More than 15 first-party titles due this year

Sony Computer Entertainment America president Jack Tretton has said that new PlayStation 3 games willbe unveiled during the company's E3 conference next month.

In his first post on SCEA's new PlayStation blog, Tretton also confirmed that "more than 15" titles from Sony's internal studios are coming this year alone.

He went on to state that Sony is "putting all our efforts into insuring that we help create the best games possible for you to enjoy". Turning to PlayStation brand history, including early criticisms, he implicitly drew parallels between the current state of PS3 and the burgeoning PS1 and PS2 businesses - which ultimately went on to top 100 million hardware sales each

However it's the short term that PS3 owners will be focusing on, and Tretton had this to say: "We have more than 15 games coming from our own internal studios alone this year for PS3. Our third party partners will weigh in with a host of great games giving us more than 100 titles by year-end on that system alone.

"Right now, we are working on a slew of games and game packs that will be offered through the PlayStation Store in the coming months."

With E3 just around the corner, Tretton indicated that the show's diminished profile (limited invitations and booth sizes, most notably) hasn't diminished Sony's enthusiasm for showing off when the July dates roll around.

"Everyone here at SCEA is working very hard and is dedicated to pushing the development envelope to show you not only new stuff for games like Heavenly Sword, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction," he said, "But also a few surprises we have up our sleeves that no one has seen."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25793

God of War 3, Shadow of the Colossus Prequal, and someother cool looking shtuffs and the PS3 will be saved.

Sony's finally doing something smart and actually trying to develop a first party game library that doesn't suck outside of Naughty Dog and Insomniac. Especially since third parties have developed a more multiplatform route.

Sony has had an incredible First Party staple since the PS2 days, but they're kicking it into overdrive for the PS3.

Sony has had an incredible First Party staple since the PS2 days, but they're kicking it into overdrive for the PS3.

The crappy 989 Studios sports games, Killzone, Ape Escape, Twisted Metal, Primal, S.O.C.O.M. the ****ty SOE games. Sorry, but asides from Sly Cooper, Naughty Dog, Medievil, God of War, and Insomniac, Sony's first party has always sucked hard core ass.

It's about time that they're attempting to make a good first party library now.

Team ICO
Naughty Dog
Insomniac
Polyphony
Santa Monica
Incognito Entertainment - Eh a decent dev but they shouldn't be on the list imo (though they have made fun games)

Being among the best in the industry.

989 no argument there, but that's the only studio I can think of that actually sucks, and even they churned out Mark of the Kri which a lot of people liked.

SOE was only recently wrapped into the Sony Computer Entertainment, before they had no affiliation aside from being under the umbrella of Sony (weird I know).

Even Guerilla Games who made a buggy poorly designed, bad game in Killzone, ended up making a really good game in Killzone Liberation.

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

* Clap Hanz – Hot Shots Golf series
* Polyphony Digital – Gran Turismo series, Omega Boost
* SCE Japan Studio (Project SIREN Team, etc.) – Ape Escape series, LocoRoco
* Team ICO – ICO, Shadow of the Colossus

SCEI Subsidiary Divisions
Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

* Incognito Entertainment – Twisted Metal: Black, Warhawk
* Naughty Dog – Jak series
* SCE Bend Studio (formerly Eidetic) – Syphon Filter series
* SCE Foster City Studio (includes 989 Studios) – Rise to Honour
* SCE San Diego Studio (includes 989 Sports & Red Zone Interactive) – The Mark of Kri, NBA '07
* SCE Santa Monica Studio – God of War, Kinetica

* Sony Online Entertainment LLC. – EverQuest
* Zipper Interactive – SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs series

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.

* Guerrilla Games – Killzone series
* SCE London Studio (includes Team SOHO & Camden) – The Getaway series, SingStar
* SCE Studio Cambridge (formerly Millennium Interactive) – MediEvil series, Primal
* SCE Studio Liverpool (formerly Psygnosis) – Wipeout series, F1 series

Sony Computer Entertainment Korea Inc.

* SCE Korea – EyeToy: EduKids, GloRace: Phantastic Carnival

If they announce a Shadow of the Colossus prequel or Ico sequel, I will go buy a PS3 the moment I have enough money.

The crappy 989 Studios sports games, Killzone, Ape Escape, Twisted Metal, Primal, S.O.C.O.M. the ****ty SOE games. Sorry, but asides from Sly Cooper, Naughty Dog, Medievil, God of War, and Insomniac, Sony's first party has always sucked hard core ass.

It's about time that they're attempting to make a good first party library now.
just your opinion but Twisted Metal Black, the SOCOM series and Ape Escape were all heralded as pretty good games across the board. Sony has good first party games

just your opinion but Twisted Metal Black, the SOCOM series and Ape Escape were all heralded as pretty good games across the board. Sony has good first party games

I've never liked the Twisted Metal series. And I played S.O.C.O.M. on a friend's PS2 (offline) and I hated it with a passion. Same with Ape Escape, but that just got annoying.

I found the Team ICO games to be extremely overrated.

Not liking SotC might be one thing since it's more of a game game and suffers from technical short comings (and the Colossi are never as hard or puzzle like as people were hoping), but finding ICO over-rated is insane.

Not liking SotC might be one thing since it's more of a game game and suffers from technical short comings (and the Colossi are never as hard or puzzle like as people were hoping), but finding ICO over-rated is insane.
then I guess I need to get my head checked...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"