The Winter Soldier Ties between TWS and AoS

regnak

Sidekick
Reaction score
The other day I saw an article on Yahoo(that I can no longer find :cmad:) about how if TWS is the next billion dollar marvel movie it may have AoS to thank due to a rumored lead in from that to TWS.

However I was wondering can they actually do a continued from a TV series to a movie and then have TWS resolve the problems from AoS? :huh:

They can build toward things that are going to happen in TWS in AoS no problem. Just include the group, theme, etc.

But can they start S2 of AoS with Coulson saying, "Thank God Cap saved the day?"

They have referenced the Avengers all season in AoS, so most certainly.

AoS is an isolated unit, possibly one of a few, who may become more isolated after the events of Cap 2...which is perfectly fine. AoS will always have more supers to deal with and more 0-8-4's to go pick up but they may begin doing some of that without the direction of SHIELD.

I could see AoS come into conflict with New SHIELD agents if that is where the story is heading. Maybe even rescue and add a Fury loyalist or a super who SHIELD was keeping tabs on. I'm definitely interested in the direction AoS goes after the Cap 2 shakeup.

The other day I saw an article on Yahoo(that I can no longer find :cmad:) about how if TWS is the next billion dollar marvel movie it may have AoS to thank due to a rumored lead in from that to TWS.

However I was wondering can they actually do a continued from a TV series to a movie and then have TWS resolve the problems from AoS? :huh:

Because AoS is killing it that much?

Because AoS is killing it that much?

I didn't really agree with their logic. Of course I could be wrong. I am really not up to date on the delayed viewings and stuff like that. However I was most interested in whether they can tie things together so closely.

There have already been connections if you look closely. Secret organization (HYDRA/AIM) and soldiers being kidnapped, having their bodies modified, and controlled (like Winter Soldier).

With a full season ordered, AoS should end in May, right? There would be at least a couple episodes after Cap 2 came out, although it's still undecided where AoS sits in the MCU timeline right?

Season 1 of AOS will probably end in May 2013 just like the other shows of ABC.

I didn't really agree with their logic. Of course I could be wrong. I am really not up to date on the delayed viewings and stuff like that. However I was most interested in whether they can tie things together so closely.

AoS doesn't really seem like that much of a hit, if I'm honest. It's doing well, but I doubt that it is going to the reason CATWS is a huge hit, if it is. No one watching AoS isn't going to watch CATWS anyway.

If anything I would think that AoS would get a bump from Cap 2 if they manage to tie some of the final episodes of the season to the movie.

If anything I would think that AoS would get a bump from Cap 2 if they manage to tie some of the final episodes of the season to the movie.

Yep.

As far as how it could cross over, I see a strong possibility of Sharon bridging the gap. Perhaps it's Coulson's idea, at the end of a 2-3 episode arc, that she pose as his neighbor.

Yeah, I think AoS will benefit from CA: TWS than the other way around. I actually fear that the show will hurt the movie if the quality does not improve by mid-season. The movie seems to be SHIELD heavy and the feedback from the show is not really that positive. Honestly, if the reception continue to be lukewarm after the winter break, they might not want to put emphasis on SHIELD during the marketing like this first trailer. Just go with Cap vs WS route which I think is much better sell anyway.

CA:TWS can only help that sadsack SHIELD show. You know what would help it more? Killing off half the cast and teaming Coulson and May with some truly badass SHIELD agents, especially a Clay Quartermain played by Jeff Donovan. BOOM! Show fixed. PAY ME MY MONEY MARVEL!!

CA:TWS can only help that sadsack SHIELD show. You know what would help it more? Killing off half the cast and teaming Coulson and May with some truly badass SHIELD agents, especially a Clay Quartermain played by Jeff Donovan. BOOM! Show fixed. PAY ME MY MONEY MARVEL!!

Whedon loves killing so he shouldn't have any problem with mowing down the dead-weight lightweights. He just needs to suck it up and kill off his favorite female stereotype along with Agent Brick and viola! A fresh start paired with an instant team bonding exercise. That's a win-win!

Man you nailed it!! Quartermain, Sitwell, Carter............get some real agents on this show and some real villains!!!

Man you nailed it!! Quartermain, Sitwell, Carter............get some real agents on this show and some real villains!!!

Sitwell is guest starring soon, although I don't think he'll be guest starring much longer if rumors about him in this movie are true.

I expect that once HIMYM wraps up, Maria Hill could very well end up be a series regular.

I'd love to see Valentina de Fontaine and Jimmy Woo, too.

It would be nice having Maria Hill added to the show as a regular. While I was really critical of the show in preceding posts, I took some time today to watch the most recent episode and rewatch another one, I have to say, the show is getting better. One of the problems that needs to be addressed is delivering on the characterization. We are told Ward is a seasoned agent, yet he acts like a noob (such as when he was trying to shadow someone in '...Flower Dress.) If they delivered on it - namely, showing him acting like a seasoned professional and added a dash of Dirty Harry (not to overdo it, tho-we don't need a Frank Miller psychopath running around,) then there will be some improvements. Also, the other problem that needs to be addressed is the intention of the show: is it trying to subvert the the superhero/procedural narrative or trying to build off it? The creative needs to decide on a direction and stick with it, instead of flip-flopping between these two policies. Once they do that and stick with it, the show will flow a lot better. It has nothing to do with the humor; the Marvel films are known for the humor. It is just trying to build off a cinematic tradition and undercutting it on the same time does not create innovation, but negates all progress.

There are flashes or brilliance in the show; they need to be fully extracted so that the program take flight.

They're doing an episode tying in to Thor 2, so an episode directly inspired by Cap 2 is definitely going to be in the cards

I'd bet that there will be several episodes after the winter hiatus that hint at or foretell some of the events of TWS.

So we'll have Agent Victoria Hand in Episode 7

I wonder if there is a link with Dark Reign storyline and CATWS

I expect that once HIMYM wraps up, Maria Hill could very well end up be a series regular.

I'd love to see Valentina de Fontaine and Jimmy Woo, too.
Maria Hill becoming a regular would definitely get me more interested in the show. I'm having a bit of trouble warming up to the newer characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"