Superman Returns Solar Energy and Kryptonite...

I think Justice Bringer was referring more to his anatomical endurance. Although he's from another planet, Superman's body functions much in the same way a human's will. He tires and suffers from the effects of fatigue if he pushes himself physically(at his level of strength).

You could compare Superman's saving of Metropolis in Superman Returns to helping your friend move to their new house across the street. No, it won't kill you, but you would be at a significantly lesser grade of physical performance if the neighborhood bully came to pick a fight with you.

I believe that's a fairly recent incarnation, didn't they invent that take for the "Death of Superman" series.

That's what I thought.

The organic webshooters in Spiderman eliminated the danger that he could run out of web. Somehow writers will still put Spidey in jeopardy.

Even if Superman can fly with a little Kryptonite splinter, if you irradiate him with Kryptonite as Metallo would do, then he's helpless all the same.

In movies Superman is a little more resistent to Kryptonite than in comics, in comics he can get married just like that; in movies he can't. Part of the unavoidable set of differences every superhero movie has had.

I wouldnt neccessarily say that was the case El Payaso, in 'The Wrath Of Gog' Superman was stabbed with Gog's kryptonite laced spear/staff, and the Kryptonite got into his blood stream, yet he was still able to carry on fighting Gog for a little while, and Gog is superhuman also.

Plus, when Superman had JUST had the Kryptonite removed from his blood, at STAR labs, he was attacked by every criminal in Metropolis, as they knew he was severly weakened, yet he managed to fight them all off.

What is the difference between this and what happened in SR? Anyone care to answer.:yay:

Nope, even calculators based on solar energy work in cloudy days. Even plants do photosyntesis. I think it's more about solar energy than solar heat.

It was someone else suggesting he had 'used up' his power. I thought it was bunk.

I think Justice Bringer was referring more to his anatomical endurance. Although he's from another planet, Superman's body functions much in the same way a human's will. He tires and suffers from the effects of fatigue if he pushes himself physically(at his level of strength).

You could compare Superman's saving of Metropolis in Superman Returns to helping your friend move to their new house across the street. No, it won't kill you, but you would be at a significantly lesser grade of physical performance if the neighborhood bully came to pick a fight with you.

SO he's just kind of tired?

I wouldnt neccessarily say that was the case El Payaso, in 'The Wrath Of Gog' Superman was stabbed with Gog's kryptonite laced spear/staff, and the Kryptonite got into his blood stream, yet he was still able to carry on fighting Gog for a little while, and Gog is superhuman also.

Plus, when Superman had JUST had the Kryptonite removed from his blood, at STAR labs, he was attacked by every criminal in Metropolis, as they knew he was severly weakened, yet he managed to fight them all off.

What is the difference between this and what happened in SR? Anyone care to answer.:yay:

I guess the answer is that in the comic the kryptonite is already out of his system and in the movie he still has a shard of pure Kryptonite in his side.

Is that what you're looking for?

I believe that's a fairly recent incarnation, didn't they invent that take for the "Death of Superman" series.

Superman was functioning at full power the entire time he was locked in battle with Doomsday. His beatdown had nothing to do with kryptonite or lack of solar energy, Doomsday was just THAT powerful. Despite the fact that Superman was in his prime, he still got whipped. So yeah, I guess you could say that battle was all about stamina and who could take the most punishment.

I guess the answer is that in the comic the kryptonite is already out of his system and in the movie he still has a shard of pure Kryptonite in his side.

So the krrrrrrrrrrryptonite was still in his system...

Superman was functioning at full power the entire time he was locked in battle with Doomsday. His beatdown had nothing to do with kryptonite or lack of solar energy, Doomsday was just THAT powerful. Despite the fact that Superman was in his prime, he still got whipped. So yeah, I guess you could say that battle was all about stamina and who could take the most punishment.

Didn't the whole "Death of Superman" saga begin with a scientist at Star labs explaining to Superman the "solar battery" function of Superman's body and the resulting dip in his power levels following massive exertions?

Didn't the whole "Death of Superman" saga begin with a scientist at Star labs explaining to Superman the "solar battery" function of Superman's body and the resulting dip in his power levels following massive exertions?

Wow, I don't remember that far back, I haven't read it since it first came out.

If it did, that scene escapes my memory. But Superman's body does function much like a "solar battery". You could say the human body functions like a "caloric battery". If we don't burn the required amount of calories everyday, we lose our energy and our body begins to shut down. I suppose you could consider solar radiation to be like Superman's daily caloric nutrition.

If it did, that scene escapes my memory. But Superman's body does function much like a "solar battery". You could say the human body functions like a "caloric battery". If we don't burn the required amount of calories everyday, we lose our energy and our body begins to shut down. I suppose you could consider solar radiation to be like Superman's daily caloric nutrition.

Which I believe was the rationale for his demise. Battling Doomsday, single handed, ( need a refresher where were the big guns, WW, Martian Manhunter, etc during the battle) drained him to the point that he could be considered "dead".

No, because Superman still kept on fighting Gog with Kryptonite IN HIS BLOOD and TORSO, and there was lot more of it in him than there was in SR i can tell you that.

So the krrrrrrrrrrryptonite was still in his system...

Yes, and he carried on fighting, it nearly killed him of course, but so did lifting NK.

I've just read it for the first time recently, and no, it doesnt start with that.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I've just read it for the first time recently, and no, it doesnt start with that.

Ahhhhh, now I remember where I got it from.

It's included in the "Superman Lives" audio tape, which combines multiple sources into an epic dramatization of the Doomsday / Death of Superman tale.

I see consistency.

Exactly, which is why i find SR faithful to its source/s.

Ahhhhh, now I remember where I got it from.

It's included in the "Superman Lives" audio tape, which combines multiple sources into an epic dramatization of the Doomsday / Death of Superman tale.

Oh right, i know the GN DOS starts with Doomsday breaking out of were ever he was being held.

Which I believe was the rationale for his demise. Battling Doomsday, single handed, ( need a refresher where were the big guns, WW, Martian Manhunter, etc during the battle) drained him to the point that he could be considered "dead".

Right, exactly. That's why he was able to be resurrected by his "solar battery" slowly being recharged, and ultimately refilled to 110% by the Eradicator.

No, because Superman still kept on fighting Gog with Kryptonite IN HIS BLOOD and TORSO, and there was lot more of it in him than there was in SR i can tell you that.

I was just going from your post, you said:

That's what I was responding to.

Looking back I see the beginning of your post about Gog. Haven't read that story.

I was just going from your post, you said:

That's what I was responding to.

Looking back I see the beginning of your post about Gog. Haven't read that story.

Well i was referring to his fight with Gog more, A LOT of Kryptonite is injected into his body but he still carries on fighting, he does nearly die of course, but he also nearly did in SR remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"