Tim Burton's Batman 3 (2015)

"Gone With The Wind" is one of the most successful movies of all time, yet I have never seen it. It was before my time. Indy is just more popular, it gets better time slots on TV and a Blu-Ray release would be a huge event, unlike the old Batman movies, which got no real big press coverage. We can all play the delusional fanboy here and deny that, but okay. Take into account that back then we watched more television, VCR were expensive, video games not as advanced, so what you gonna do when you are young? You watched movies on TV. The generation of today rips the new stuff from the Internet, no need to watch the old stuff on TV with commercials and all the stuff.

it's just the truth. look at a character like "Dirty Harry", probably even young people know his name, now his famous catchphrase, but have they actually ever seen the movies? I doubt it.

You have never seen it, it was before your time...but you still know what it is!

You mentioned a kid that was surprised to learn that a Batman film was made in the 80s.(But apparently did know of Adam West!) That's just strange we're saying. But I suppose it's not unheard of either. I had never seen Dirty Harry until recently and did not watch the original Star Wars films until I became a fan of the prequels. But yeah, I'd say Indiana Jones is more popular right now but that's because it's also got a new generation continuation(just like Star Wars) as opposed to the Burton/Schumacher batman films that are done for. The old Star Wars films would not be as popular currently were if not for the prequels. As you said, most kids just aren't into the older stuff.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Tim Burton turned Catwoman into a thief had he done the third since she murdered her boss in Returns and I doubt she'd want to have anything to do with Shreck's company. I guess Returns was sort of a Catwoman: Year One that's inspired by Her Sisters Keeper.

This reminds of something I read on this forum. It was something about the fight in the cathedral with the guy he ends up sending off the belfry in batman 89. One of the first comments was "Where did you watch that?! The Internet?" Guy never seen 89..and I was like "But this is SuperHero Hype!!"

People on this forum make me feel old and im only 24. Jesus christ, some of you need to realize that film has existed beyond the 90's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"