Titannus

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
I was re-reading the Titannus arc, and I was thinking a few things...

One, from how uber powerful he's supposed to be, how comes Dr Strange showed no power or ability aside from the one to run from a fight? Surely if he is as powerful as they say he is, he could have delegated the plan he had to someone less likely to do well against Titannus?

Titannus totally trashed some A grade heroes too....Hulk, wolverine and spidey among them. Hulk, it was explained, had a poor showing due to the fact that Titannus' armour absorbs power from gamma.

So who do you guys think stand a chance against Titannus? I was thinking Thor and Sentry definitly....maybe Jean Grey, Professor X and Cable. Also Magneto, since he could crush Titannus inside his shell. Im not sure about colossus....he. like hulk but to a lesser degree, is super strong and near invunerable, but he doesn't have the hulk's weakness of powering titannus the more they fight.

Who do you think could stand up to him?

I think the reason that Strange ran off is because out of the group of heroes that were assembled, he was the only one that could properly examine and possibly cure Amissa; if Amissa's okay then Titannus stops.

As for others who could stand a chance against Titannus in a fight, in addition to the ones you mentioned (well, I'm not so sure about Cable, but I haven't kept up with him...what makes him capable of taking on Titannus?), how about Juggernaut? After all, his deal is that he's unstoppable.

Juggernaut is no longer anywhere near unstoppable. (although he might be again soon if the hints they've dropped are right).
Cable a while back became the most powerful telepath/telekinetic in the world. He was powerful enough to give the Silver Surfer a really good fight.
He lost those abilities and replaced them with technological analogues (gravity/forcefield generator instead of teke and technological "infonet" set up instead of telepathy) So far his techno based replacements arent at the same level as he was before but he's still had some very impressive feats with them since. I dont think he could take titannus alone though.

As for Collossus? I dont think it's a great idea to be sending people to fight this guy strength against strength. Playing to the oponent's strengths is always a poor decision.
I'd go with magic users, telepaths, high powered ranged characters or widescale dynamic powered individuals like Magneto or Gravitron.
Alternatively people who can get past his defenses and do damage on the inside like shadowcat or wasp or something (shrink down and fly into his ears or nostrils and blast his brain directly)

Sending muscle based characters at him would be the last thing i'd do even if I thought of people who could outmatch him. It's just poor tactics.

Vanguard07 said:
Sending muscle based characters at him would be the last thing i'd do even if I thought of people who could outmatch him. It's just poor tactics.

You are right, but I just really would love to see that fight :p

Then again thinking about it, it WOULD be good tactics to have one or two physically strong back up fighters, in addition to the telepaths and whatnot, would be a bonus and could take some of the heat off the physically weaker characters.

Well yeah. Basically if you want the best chance of taking this guy down you wouldnt wanna put all your eggs in one basket so to speak.
You'd send a team.
Some heavy hitters to slow him down,
some high powered ranged attackers/flyers to keep him off balance/ disoriented and some telepaths, spellcasters, teleporters, phase shifters or even some crafty telekinetics to deliver the finishing blow. (I dont know why more telekinetics dont apply force to the inside of an oponent's body It just seems a lot smarter to me.)

To be fair though it didnt make ANY sense that Doctor Strange couldnt beat this guy alone. There's no reason that the good doctor's big bad voodoo wasnt up to the task.

How come Titannus never did any of the Typical Shapeshifting Skrull stuff during th fight...maybe he did....But I don't recall any giant hammer hands for hitting and stuff.

Horrorfan said:
I was re-reading the Titannus arc, and I was thinking a few things...

One, from how uber powerful he's supposed to be, how comes Dr Strange showed no power or ability aside from the one to run from a fight? Surely if he is as powerful as they say he is, he could have delegated the plan he had to someone less likely to do well against Titannus?

Titannus totally trashed some A grade heroes too....Hulk, wolverine and spidey among them. Hulk, it was explained, had a poor showing due to the fact that Titannus' armour absorbs power from gamma.

So who do you guys think stand a chance against Titannus? I was thinking Thor and Sentry definitly....maybe Jean Grey, Professor X and Cable. Also Magneto, since he could crush Titannus inside his shell. Im not sure about colossus....he. like hulk but to a lesser degree, is super strong and near invunerable, but he doesn't have the hulk's weakness of powering titannus the more they fight.

Who do you think could stand up to him?

I don't know. King Thor was strong, but I don't know still.

Roughneck said:
How come Titannus never did any of the Typical Shapeshifting Skrull stuff during th fight...maybe he did....But I don't recall any giant hammer hands for hitting and stuff.

Most likely the Super Skrull program nullified his shapeshifting ability.

or he could have been a throwback like Talos the untamed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"