• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Marvel Forever

Spectre722

Sidekick
Reaction score
"CAP'S DOWN!...kttzz...tain America is...kttzz..." the voice of his best friend fizzled through the com-band tucked under his left glove. His ears were ringing and he was blinded by a cloud of dust as debris still settled everywhere around him.

Eli Bradley lifted himself to his feet dragging his shield with him. The com-band sounded off again, "...kttzz...body get a...sual on Cap?"

"I'm okay." Eli said as he did his best to survey his surroundings. He was standing in what looked to be the now craterous remains of an office building. In front of him sat the mangled tank turret that he had just narrowly avoided being crushed by, "Give me a sit-rep Kang."

"kttzz...eez Eli...kttzz...ought we lost you." The static interrupting Kang's transmission faded as Eli made his way out of the ditch he was standing in, "Things are getting out of hand out here...kttzz...

KROOOM!

What sounded like an explosion roared from above. Eli climbed faster, what "...kttzz...Holy! That was too close." As he pulled himself up a demolished staircase, a wave of relief washed over Eli...they were okay. "I've got Gravity and Energizer with me trying to take this brute down. Hawkeye and Elixir are on crowd control."

KRASSSSH!

Above the din Eli yelled into his com-band, "What about Teddy?! Doesn't he have a grudge against this guy?!" As Eli scaled the last chunk of concrete in his way he caught a glimpse of the now flaming and smoke spewing pair of tanks that had caused the explosion he heard moments earlier. But his gaze was focused above.

At least half a mile above the now demolished Battery Park, Eli could see the distant forms of Katie Powers and Greg Willis engaged in a fierce aerial battle with the hulking Titannus. Blinding beams of energy flashed back and forth between Katie and the Skrull warlord while Greg flung car-sized chunks of debris like they were paper airplanes.

BRAKABRAKABRAKA! "Captain Marvel's en route with your friend!" Kang yelled over his own gunfire. He was crouching 20 feet behind Eli staring down the scope of a 30th century battle rifle. High above, Titannus wretched in pain as the barrage of adamantium bullets tore into his armor. Half a second later he was back to fighting the two heroes in front of him, "Damn! Just for the record," Kang had now made his way down to Eli's side as he spoke, "I don't agree with this plan."

Eli kept staring at the fight above, not bothering to look at his frustrated companion, "I know how you feel about him Kang but right now we need all the power we can get."

BRAKABRAKABRAKA! "I just don't trust him, is all!" Kang fired off a few more rounds, just as inaffective as the last.

Finally breaking his gaze, he turned to face Kang. Hiding behind the finely groomed goatee, Eli could still see the face of the 16 year-old boy from the future he had met so long ago, "We trusted you, Iron Lad."

Kang grinned, "Touché, Patriot."

KRASH! In one final flash of blinding light Energizer crashed into the ground in front of them followed closely by Gravity, bringing down a shower of rubble. Eli and Kang rushed to their side just in time to be greeted by their dispatcher. Titannus was yet again wielding a tank's turret in his hands like a baseball bat.

He grinned triumphantly, "This is it?" He stepped forward. Eli pulled three throwing stars out of his belt, keeping himself in front of Katie, Greg and Kang who had his sight trained on the monster's masked face. Titannus continued his taunting, "This is all your pathetic planet can throw at me? I single-handedly brought the Skrull empire to its knees! I've crushed the Kree armada into dust! And these are the puny champions this mud-ball has to offer? I'm dissapointed." Eli knew they didn't stand a chance. All they had to do was stall him.

"You want the Champions? Try L.A." Eli glanced over his shoulder at the familiar voice. Garbed in purple and blue, with dark flowing hair and deep blue eyes stood Kate Bishop, Hawkeye, pulling back an arrow aimed square between Titannus' eyes.

"You mess with New York? You deal with us." Next to her stood the golden Josh Foley, Elixir, sporting a white and red uniform from his X-Men days under a brown trenchcoat. Eli noticed Josh's right hand turn from glowing gold to ebon black.

Titannus merely laughed, "I'm still dissapointed, though I am ammused." He lifted the tank turret above his head, prepared to strike. Suddenly sparks flew from the turret as electricity crackled in the air. In an instant it fell apart in Titannus' hands. "What?!"

"Glad we could keep you entertained." Titannus turned around to face his unseen attacker. Staring back at him was a masked man in blue with long brown hair. Across his chest was a silver "V" which went up his shoulders into his cape which billowed behind him as he hovered in mid-air, electricity crackling around him. Victor Mancha, Victorious, looked up. "But I'd say you have more pressing matters to deal with."

KROOM!

In a furious explosion of earth and rock, Teddy Altman, Captain Marvel, dropped from the sky, crushing Titannus into the ground beneath him. Streets cracked, trees shook, nearby windows shattered, "REMEMBER ME?!" He screamed as he pounded his enormous green fists into Titannus.

In between punches he chuckled, "Oh yes, the brother of Phyla-Vel. I may enjoy killing you almost as much as I did your dirty Kree sister, half-breed!" Blood was now pouring down his ridged chin.

"AAAAAAARRRGH!" In one final, screaming blow Teddy smashed Titannus' face with two clenched fists. As the dust cleared Eli saw Teddy's hulking fame breathing heavily, standing over Titannus' motionless body, "That felt good."

"Here," Kang made his way down and fitted Titannus with a collar-like device, "This'll teleport him back into his stasis-field at the Baxter Building." And in a whirling flash of light the monster was gone.

"Another crisis averted, eh?" Gravity was pulling himself to his feet. One of the lenses in his mask was shattered and his black and blue costume sported a number of tears. Kneeling next to him, Elixir was healing Energizer's broken collar-bone as she groaned, "What did I miss?"

Eli surveyed the damage around them from atop an overturned truck. Battery Park was in ruins. "Damage Control's gonna love this one. How the hell did Titannus escape anyway?"

"You worry too much." Kate hugged Eli from behind, resting her head against his. He clasped her hand and felt the wedding band on her ring finger press against his own.

"You don't worry enough." He smiled as she kissed his cheek.

From down below Victorious called out, "That was really something, huh?" He floated up to the couple's level, "Guess if I'll be on my way then."

"Actually," Eli could make out the frown on Kang's face as watched, "we were wondering if you'd consider full-time membership."

Victorious lit up, "Seriously?"

"Absolutely."

"God, yes! This is amazing!"

"I hate to break up the celebrations up there." Kang called as he stared at the monitor on his gauntlet, "We've got a four-alarm apartment fire in Harlem. Lives need saving and all that."

"I never get tired of this." Eli said to himself. He readjusted his mask and pulled his shield up once more. "Alright, we got the call..."

"AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!"

A minute later a figure emerged from the nearby shadows. His long white hair reached down to the lean shoulders of his green and white uniform. A black patch stretched across his left eye. "Interesting," he muttered. And in a blur he was gone, speeding away into the distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"