Hulk vs Sentry

MajinShenron

Civilian
Reaction score
The Sentry's first apperance was in September of 2000. 6 years has passed. Has the Hulk and Sentry ever tangled? And if so, who won?

And if they didn't fight, who do you think would win?

The Sentry has super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, flight, and several other moves. He is powered by the Sun's radiation.

The Hulk has super-human strength, has a quick healing power, and of course gets stronger as he gets madder/

MajinShenron said:
The Sentry's first apperance was in September of 2000. 6 years has passed. Has the Hulk and Sentry ever tangled? And if so, who won?

And if they didn't fight, who do you think would win?

The Sentry has super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, flight, and several other moves. He is powered by the Sun's radiation.

The Hulk has super-human strength, has a quick healing power, and of course gets stronger as he gets madder/

In the 6 years the Sentry has been around, he has had very few showings. The few he's had have been impressive. If he's as powerful as they lead us to believe he is, than he would certainly be able to take the Hulk out. But, the Hulk seems to love him. He trusts the Sentry but is very afraid of the Void. So, I'm going to say it wouldn't happen.

I thought i read that the sentry broke every bone in the hulks body at some point...

Well, there in lies a tale...

In Sentry's mini, Hulk went into the negative zone and Sentry promised that the Void would not be in there. Well, since Sentry IS the ****ing Void he ended up being in there.

Now call me a fanboy if you will, but that WAS horrible writing. Hulk was acting like a mentally challenged four-year-old. It was pretty lame.

Anyway, for some stupid reason the Hulk was really scared of the void and he was all, "Sentry! You promised! Save me!" LAME. The Void wrapped up in these shadow tentacle lookin' things and broke "every bone in his body."

Keep in mind that the Hulk normally would have gotten pissed, gotten stronger, and SMASHED. Instead, Paul Jenkins took the easy way to help tell his story as quickly as possible. It was really quite stupid. :down

Mr. Green said:
Well, there in lies a tale...

In Sentry's mini, Hulk went into the negative zone and Sentry promised that the Void would not be in there. Well, since Sentry IS the ****ing Void he ended up being in there.

Now call me a fanboy if you will, but that WAS horrible writing. Hulk was acting like a mentally challenged four-year-old. It was pretty lame.

Anyway, for some stupid reason the Hulk was really scared of the void and he was all, "Sentry! You promised! Save me!" LAME. The Void wrapped up in these shadow tentacle lookin' things and broke "every bone in his body."

Keep in mind that the Hulk normally would have gotten pissed, gotten stronger, and SMASHED. Instead, Paul Jenkins took the easy way to help tell his story as quickly as possible. It was really quite stupid. :down

I agree. Although I think they were trying to emphasize the "evil" of the void by showing the Hulk being afraid of him in an basic animal instinct kind of way, more than saying the Hulk was weak. It was bad writing though.

Well then i guess the hulk would win since i dont see any way that sentry could kill him, and becuase of his healing factor beating him up doenst help, so after beating the hulk up for a while, the hulk would get mad enough and just rip sentry in half.

nickrut said:
Well then i guess the hulk would win since i dont see any way that sentry could kill him, and becuase of his healing factor beating him up doenst help, so after beating the hulk up for a while, the hulk would get mad enough and just rip sentry in half.

I wouldn't go that far... Like I've said, if the Sentry is as powerful as they are leading us to believe he is he'd be able to take out anyone short of cosmic entities.

Yeah, I'm still a little annoyed that I still don't know all of Sentry's powers yet. I am yet to have read the last issue of the Sentry mini, so maybe it goes over it there.

It was said Sentry's powers are in effect: limitless. But it doesn't mean he works at this capacity always. And it doesn't mean he actually has limitless powers as Marvel say things like this about many of their hero's/villains. Sentry has some showings that show limited powers, unless he just wasn't tapping into 'all.' He has not shown limitless power.

I believe it's also been said elsewhere that he is in a certain class, and it was under alot of others suggesting he probably is very limited, but still very powerful.

I would say Sentry is at around Superman's level, maybe a little tougher. It does seem possible that Hulk could get strong enough to beat Sentry in a very ticked off sense, but at base level or some enragement, Sentry would probably take it.

And I would say without a doubt, Sentry could 'not' kill the Hulk.

If they were to fight again, I would favor the Hulk because his maximum powered showings seem greater than Sentry's thus far and his healing ability, quick rise in power through rage (often times anyway), etc...would allow Hulk to make it to a very ticked rage and power level and defeat Sentry.

rodhulk said:
It was said Sentry's powers are in effect: limitless. But it doesn't mean he works at this capacity always. And it doesn't mean he actually has limitless powers as Marvel say things like this about many of their hero's villains. Sentry has some showings that show limited powers, unless he just wasn't tapping into 'all.'

I believe it's also been said elsewhere that he is in a certain class, and it was under alot of others suggesting he may just be limited.

I would say Sentry is at around Superman's level, maybe a little tougher. It does seem possible that Hulk could get strong enough to beat Sentry in a very ticked off sense, but at base level or some enragement, Sentry would probably take it.

And I would say without a doubt, Sentry could 'not' kill the Hulk.

If they were to fight again, I would favor the Hulk because his maximum powered showings seem greater than Sentry's thus far.

Well, I think until the Sentry resolves his "issues", we haven't seen him at his max. Genis-vell (Photon) handled him fairly easily which kinda erks me a bit. I'm just hoping that we see more action with him and the collective.

Oh and... if he's at or above Supes level, He'll definately take out the hulk. Sorry Rod ;)

torkibe said:
Well, I think until the Sentry resolves his "issues", we haven't seen him at his max. Genis-vell (Photon) handled him fairly easily which kinda erks me a bit. I'm just hoping that we see more action with him and the collective.

Oh and... if he's at or above Supes level, He'll definately take out the hulk. Sorry Rod ;)
Yes, I have to check that out again but that's one episode in Sentry's career that shows he's not limitless. There's others too. And that loss to Genis doesn't get to me anywhere near Spidey's defeat of the Hulk with the truck or even Nimrod defeating Juggernaut.

As for superman beating the Hulk...... are you trying to start another war?????? :D ;)

I favor the Hulk but like Sentry, Supes has enough power to take out the Hulk too. :)

rodhulk said:
Yes, I have to check that out again but that's one episode in Sentry's career that shows he's not limitless. There's others too. And that loss to Genis doesn't get to me anywhere near Spidey's defeat of the Hulk with the truck or even Nimrod defeating Juggernaut.

As for superman beating the Hulk...... are you trying to start another war?????? :D ;)

I favor the Hulk but like Sentry, Supes has enough power to take out the Hulk too. :)

Yeah, Genis is no light weight, especially after he absorbed the nega-bands. The Hulk losing to Spidey is definately more far fetched.

torkibe said:
Yeah, Genis is no light weight, especially after he absorbed the nega-bands. The Hulk losing to Spidey is definately more far fetched.

I know Genis is no lightweight but how in the hell could the Sentry stalemate against Galactus and lose to Genis. I do not quite get it.

Ahura Mazda said:
I know Genis is no lightweight but how in the hell could the Sentry stalemate against Galactus and lose to Genis. I do not quite get it.
On paper, that seems like quite an accomplishment of Sentry's stalemate with Galactus. But keep in mind, Thor has bested Galactus, Dr. Strange has bested Galactus, even the Fantastic Four many years ago bested Galactus. So how big of a thing is it for Sentry?

Then again, it could be like Spidey beating Hulk with that truck when Hulk survives nukes, it just shouldn't happen.

Ahura Mazda said:

I keep seeing people say that... When and where did this happen? I don't want to look like a dumb ass, but I can't find it. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"