• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Titles from Marvel you'd like to see?

Harlekin

Business
Joined
Aug 7, 2003
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
0
Points
31
While getting titles like Arãna, Amazing Fantasy, X-23 etc. what are some of the titles you'd actually like to see?

Carrying over from that other thread, I'd probably like a Luke Cage, Iron Fist title or Heroes for Hire. Not something slated for cancellation like that latest Iron Fist title, but old-school comics.

I'd like to see the return of Agent-X or some kind of Taskmaster title, although only written by Gail Simone of course. A good funny book again, like we used to have with Deadpool->Agent-X.
 
Harlekin said:
what are some of the titles you'd actually like to see?

Good titles. :D

Seriously,
Thor
Moon Knight
Ghost Rider
A good Namor title
A good Invaders title
Defenders-theres a mini on the way
Silver Surfer
 
Personally I wish they'd bring back Darkhawk.

Probably just me, though.
 
MoonKnight
Quasar
Wonderman
 
You know, for years, ever since the first Daily Bugle mini series, i had been clammoring for a book like The Pulse, so i was totally floored when THAT happened...

Right now, i'd like a "World's Finest" type book with Spider-Man/Daredevil, or Spider-Man/Human Torch...Instead of throwing Mark Waid on yet another generic Spidey book, why not let him write something more unusual like that?

I'd also like to see the return of Marvel's monsters, such as Ghost Rider, Morbius, and Werewolf By Night...i mean; Marvel has a MAX imprint...why not put it to good use?
 
There is a Spidey/Torch mini set for March or February, so you might like that. I've been thinking about what a Daredevil/Punisher serie would be like though. A Spidey/Torch ongoing by Waid would be cool though.
 
Harlekin said:
While getting titles like Arãna, Amazing Fantasy, X-23 etc. what are some of the titles you'd actually like to see?

Carrying over from that other thread, I'd probably like a Luke Cage, Iron Fist title or Heroes for Hire. Not something slated for cancellation like that latest Iron Fist title, but old-school comics.

I'd like to see the return of Agent-X or some kind of Taskmaster title, although only written by Gail Simone of course. A good funny book again, like we used to have with Deadpool->Agent-X.
SQUIRREL GIRL

Starring in "Stories From Central Park"
 
Oh, yeah, Harlekin....i recently re-read the first couple issues of the original MTU, and it was ALL Spidey/Torch....great stuff!

I'd like a Spidey/DD that has them locked in battle with all of Marvel's crime lords and Enforcers (Hammerhead, Silvermane, Owl, Tombstone, etc.), with the streets of New York City going to the victor. That'd be cool, imo...

DD/Punisher sounds interesting too.
 
CaptainStacy said:
I'd also like to see the return of Marvel's monsters, such as Ghost Rider, Morbius, and Werewolf By Night...i mean; Marvel has a MAX imprint...why not put it to good use?

Marvel should be doing monster books through MAX or Marvel Knights, IMO. MAX is a joke. So far, the only purpose it serves is to offer superhero books with swearing and boobies - like Punisher and Supreme Power. Yeah, those comics are good, but it's obvious Marvel isn't pushing any boundaries with what they could publish through MAX.

If MAX is truly supposed to be an answer to Vertigo, then how about some adult re-interpretations of various genre books? A good RAWHIDE KID series, for example. HOWARD THE DUCK, MILLIE THE MODEL, HOWLING COMMANDOS, LIVING MUMMY, KA-ZAR THE SAVAGE, WEIRDWORLD, STAR LORD, DOMINIC FORTUNE, SEEKER 3000 - you could take these concepts all day and give them a Vertigo-esque twist. A little bit of intelligence and sophistication beyond gratuitious nudity and profanity.
 
CaptainStacy said:
Oh, yeah, Harlekin....i recently re-read the first couple issues of the original MTU, and it was ALL Spidey/Torch....great stuff!

I'd like a Spidey/DD that has them locked in battle with all of Marvel's crime lords and Enforcers (Hammerhead, Silvermane, Owl, Tombstone, etc.), with the streets of New York City going to the victor. That'd be cool, imo...

DD/Punisher sounds interesting too.
It'd be cool to perhaps combine that. Castle is looking to kill of a few gangs in this big gang war while Spidey and DD have to try and stop Castle, try and stop Castle from getting killed, stop the gang war and save civilians.

Just an issue with Spidey/DD back to back against impossible odds would be cool too though.
 
CaptainStacy & Harlekin: Separated at birth?

All that sounds good to ME. Especially your Max ideas. (so rare to see someone mention characters like The Living Mummy anymore...you must be about my age)....now all we have to do is convince Joey Q!
 
CaptainStacy said:
CaptainStacy & Harlekin: Separated at birth?

All that sounds good to ME. Especially your Max ideas. (so rare to see someone mention characters like The Living Mummy anymore...you must be about my age)....now all we have to do is convince Joey Q!
The MAX ideas are from dk. So I don't know if you're agreeing with the both of us, or just him and that you accidently put my name in there.
 
i'd like to see...
captain britain:the return of brian braddock
a new xcalibur line up including cap,nightcrawler,psylocke,colossus,shadowcat...
a great invaders title with art by bagley!!
a union jack title(a long shot,but i would like it!!)
i'd also like to see cyclops with a solo title.
 
Thanks for clearing that up Cap'n.

Anyways, dk's Howling Commandos gave me an idea. NICK FURY AND S.H.I.E.L.D. could probably be an awesome title again if done right.
 
I'd like to see a Max book about the brotherhood. Not the guys that dress in silly costumes and fight the X-Men, but the individual cells that exsist all over the MU. Or just focus on one particular Cell. Create some new characters and follow them on their terrorist actions. I think there was a book like this some time ago, but I never read it, only heard about it. I think it would be a very interesting read.

I'd also like to see a book about just everyday Mutants. Simple one shot stories about people getting their powers. Or Mutants trying to live in everyday society. Maybe have states outlawing mutant marragies. A Mutant pop star and the problems he/she faces. Or, hell, tons of other stories centering on the plight of mutananity. Do Mutants call each other Mutie? Kinda like how black folks use the N word on each other? I'd love to see the internal polotics of what it means to be a Mutant. To be a ultra minority in this world.

And also I'd like to see a S.H.E.I.L.D. Book. Not just Fury but his whole team and maybe some new characters thrown in.
 
Yeah, there was this Brotherhood title, exactly like what you spoke of. It was written by some mystery writer, and I never quite did bother to pick it up. The idea sounds interesting enough, but not enough to actually buy it IMO.

The everyday mutants thing could be cool though, and there could be some kind of arc like the Brotherhood or a running subplot?
 
I hear there's a SHIELD book on tap for 2005.

God, i hope it's good.
 
CaptainStacy said:
I hear there's a SHIELD book on tap for 2005.

God, i hope it's good.
Probably going to depend a lot on who's writing it.

If I even hear one syllable with an Aus in it... but it'll probably end up being Bendis anyway, might as well start naming it the Bendiverse already. :o
 
Blade
Ghost Rider
Luke Cage & Iron Fist
Namor
Silver Surfer(Done by someone who can do Superheroes)
 
Harlekin said:
Yeah, there was this Brotherhood title, exactly like what you spoke of. It was written by some mystery writer, and I never quite did bother to pick it up. The idea sounds interesting enough, but not enough to actually buy it IMO.

The everyday mutants thing could be cool though, and there could be some kind of arc like the Brotherhood or a running subplot?


yeah, that could work. A look at how they recruit new members or something.

You know, thats one of the reasons why I'm not that big of an X-Men fan. At some point it stopped being about Racism and promoting peace between all. Xavier's dream. Then it just turned into a big freakin soap oprea. I bought Ultimate X-Men when it first came out hopeing they would take this route, instead, its pretty much the same. I think a book like this needs to exsist. I don't care if it will never sell becasue Wolverine isn't gonna be in it. If the X-Men isn't gonna be relavent, then something should.
 
Anubis said:
yeah, that could work. A look at how they recruit new members or something.

You know, thats one of the reasons why I'm not that big of an X-Men fan. At some point it stopped being about Racism and promoting peace between all. Xavier's dream. Then it just turned into a big freakin soap oprea. I bought Ultimate X-Men when it first came out hopeing they would take this route, instead, its pretty much the same. I think a book like this needs to exsist. I don't care if it will never sell becasue Wolverine isn't gonna be in it. If the X-Men isn't gonna be relavent, then something should.
Morrison kind of went the right way by finally opening the school up to the public. Just look at how it ended up for him... :xmen: And he even had Wolverine on his team.

I think it would be cool to have that kinda book. Call it something like 'Meet Joe' or something and I can already see the cover to the first issue with this guy mowing his lawn and than taking a look to the side too his neighbour's lawn, where we see this green-skinned reptile mutant wave back with a goofy grin as he mows his own lawn.
 
That would be a cool cover. Set the tone for the book.
 
Brian Bendis and Michael Gaydos on Powerman and Iron Fist as a Max title. 'Nuff said.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"