Titles from Marvel you'd like to see?

A Better MAX line. Don't be afraid to not use your characters. Have people make up there own. Look at 100 Bullets, Y: The Last Man, The Watchmen, Sandman, Fables, and Sleeper. Those are probably some of the best books out or ever and they all are creator owned characters.

MK Title:

Heroes For Hire (Iron Fist and Cage)

Regular MU:

Nova

MAX:

Brother Voodoo

Ghost Rider

Marcdachamp said:
Brian Bendis and Michael Gaydos on Powerman and Iron Fist as a Max title. 'Nuff said.

Great. More f-ing superheroes with swearing and boobies.

The point is, MAX should be more than hardcore superheroes. All the esoteric genres Marvel has at their disposal but never uses - western, horror, war, sci-fi, romance, satire, etc. That's essentially what Vertigo is for DC, whether it's creator owned stuff like Y: The Last Man or DC stuff like revamps of the Losers and Human Target. Superheroes should generally go no harder-edged than Marvel Knights, IMO. There's really no point in making an R-rated Power Man and Iron Fist book where Luke Cage says, "mutha f-er" every other page. These are mainstream characters. They're expected to interract with the likes of Spider-Man on a regular basis. Ghost Rider is pretty much the same thing - he's a mainstream superhero character when you get down to it.

For the most part, MAX should operate on the fringe of the MU. The bizarre characters, the oddballs. BROTHER VOODOO and NIGHT NURSE before GHOST RIDER and POWER MAN & IRON FIST.

Thor is at the top of my list, obviously. Respect the fact that he's a cornerstone of the Marvel universe and just give him his damn title back.

I agree with dk about the MAX line. Supreme Power, as good as it is, is still a superhero book at its core. It's got heaps of realism in it, with the depictions of the government and people's reactions to the super-powered characters, but it's still a superhero book. I would love to see a push to delve more into the mystical and supernatural aspects of the Marvel universe. Witches was a joke and Tomb of Dracula imposes superhero posturing on the horror concept. Get some real horror, western, and supernatural books going. Marvel loves to copy events from DC, why can't they copy something we actually want them to for once, like Hellblazer, Sandman, Fables, and the other Vertigo books?

the sons of the tiger
firestar
the man called NOVA
iron fist

Id want Quasar, Darkhawk, Taskmaster, and I would like Doom to get his own series.

Doom? What's he going to do in his own series then?

There are books that work like that. A person who rules a country. Marvel would screw it up though.

Dwarf lord said:
There are books that work like that. A person who rules a country. Marvel would screw it up though.
It could work as a miniseries in which Doom tries to retake Latveria and add to his arsenal again.

Yeah but Marvel would screw it up turning it into something involving Superheroes. Marvel hasn't had a good book that doesn't involve superpowers in a long time.

Personally, rather than a Nick Fury book, I'd like to see a SHIELD book. A SHIELD book, by default, would have Nick Fury in it since he's been in SHIELD for just about all of it's existence. I'd like to see about a dozen main characters with three or four arcs per year, with running subplots that lead into the next arc.

And one SHIELD arc I would especially like to see, considering how Spider-man is becoming more active with other heros now, is one where Peter Parker gains a higher level access to SHIELD files.

Why, you may ask? Two reasons.
1. Because it would get the (apparently) obligatory Spider-Man guest appearance out of the way.
2. It would allow for a "flashback" arc starring Richard and Mary Parker as SHIELD agents which I think is a great story waiting to happen. And Peter would be able to know a little more about his parents.

DBM said:
Personally, rather than a Nick Fury book, I'd like to see a SHIELD book. A SHIELD book, by default, would have Nick Fury in it since he's been in SHIELD for just about all of it's existence. I'd like to see about a dozen main characters with three or four arcs per year, with running subplots that lead into the next arc.

And one SHIELD arc I would especially like to see, considering how Spider-man is becoming more active with other heros now, is one where Peter Parker gains a higher level access to SHIELD files.

1. Because it would get the (apparently) obligatory Spider-Man guest appearance out of the way.
2. It would allow for a "flashback" arc starring Richard and Mary Parker as SHIELD agents which I think is a great story waiting to happen. And Peter would be able to know a little more about his parents.

A S.H.I.E.L.D book would own. As long as they get a good writer (Not Bendis) to write it. Joss Whedon got Fury perfect in his book but I don't see him writing comics for a while.

DBM said:

That'd be pretty cool too see. What I would especially like to see at least once on such a book is a 'butterfly story'. A little stand alone that goes from the lower levels of SHIELD to the highest, showing how tuned in SHIELD is too everything.

Dwarf lord said:
A S.H.I.E.L.D book would own. As long as they get a good writer (Not Bendis) to write it. Joss Whedon got Fury perfect in his book but I don't see him writing comics for a while.

Bendis writes a good Nick Fury. Better than a lot of writers out there. I'd be OK with him writing it though if he did there wouldn't be enough action in the book for my tastes.

Harlekin said:
That'd be pretty cool too see. What I would especially like to see at least once on such a book is a 'butterfly story'. A little stand alone that goes from the lower levels of SHIELD to the highest, showing how tuned in SHIELD is too everything.

That's a great idea. It's been done before but not for many, many years.

Okay. I'm old, so these are the titles that I want to see make a comeback...

Super-Villain Team-Up
Marvel Two-In-One
Adventures Into Fear
Creatures On The Loose
Tales Of Suspense
Tales To Astonish
Journey Into Mystery
Marvel Mystery Comics
Amazing Adventures
Sgt. Fury & His Howling Commandos

Just imagine being able to

1) Utilize characters that the general comic-buying public isn't f***ing sick of already

2) Give the older fans who you have ostracized some classic comic nostalgia while
2.1) drawing in new readers to classic characters.

3) Get to use all those great series that Stan & Co. brought to life while using them as a vessel to test new markets.

4) Allow some of the great industry talent you've lassoed to tell some great sci-fi, war tales, horror & adventure stories

5) Have a great excuse to bring back the classic corner boxes and the classic Marvel banner

And HEY JOE! You want to gear some comics to kids? Bring back...

Spidey Super Stories (yeah okay, the Electric Company is long gone, but still)

Fun & Games (Kids LOVE to color and play Marvel connect the dots. Most of the young kids I know have Marvel coloring books, why not give them a monthly comic?)

Hm.

(scratches head)

Why is it that I'm sitting here working for FREE coming up with better ideas than the people on your goddamn payroll???

Sorry. And yeah, that's pretty much what your looking for in a S.H.I.E.L.D book. Lots of subplots and a huge team.

Dwarf lord said:
Sorry. And yeah, that's pretty much what your looking for in a S.H.I.E.L.D book. Lots of subplots and a huge team.

Yeah, pretty similar, but without the superpowers.

I'd like to see SHIELD go back towards the spy game as well. They've become a little to military lately, in my opinion. Secret War is doing a good job of showing SHIELD as spies, but FF and AXM have both recently shown them as more militaristic. I think SHIELD always worked best when it couldn't quite keep up with everything that was going on. It kept the pace frantic but not disorganized.

As long as they have one of those Superships. I love those.

here's my list:

generation x (bring back skin and synch)

marvel comics presents (three stories for the price of one. why not?)

marvel fanfare (same thing as mcp, but with pin ups)

silver surfer

the real amazing fantasy (no superheroes, just sci-fi, mystery, etc)

the real avengers (bring everybody back and retcon the whole "disassembled" fiasco)

just my opinion, peace. :thing: :wolverine :hulk:

The new Fury book, according to Wizard is entitled;

Nick Fury: Peacemaker

Scheduled for a September release.

Stay tuned....

CaptainStacy said:
The new Fury book, according to Wizard is entitled;

Nick Fury: Peaceaker

Scheduled for a September release.

Stay tuned....

Is that supposed to be "Peacekeeper"? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread