Am I the only one who LIKED the redesigned Taskmaster??

M

MadJak5150

Like the title says. I always thought Taskmaster was a really stupid looking character with NO personality whatsoever. Then here comes Gail Simone and Alvin Lee, first on the Agent X series and then into Taskmaster's own mini. They redesigned him, took away the Skeletor ripoff outfit and gave him his own look and style, not to mention an actual personality. Suddenly I was INTERESTED in the character for the first time.
Now, with his guest stint in Moon Knight and Cable/Deadpool, they've gone back to the cheesy Skeletor outfit again. Why?? I can barely stand to look at him anymore, even IF Dave Finch is drawing him.

No, I did too. It woulda been nice to see Finch's version of the new suit.

I KNOW!! I was all excited when I heard he'd be in Moon Knight. Then I saw the preview images...

Ya it wuz a let down they built him so good now its will sux.

im new andd already mett 2 smart persons.

I think teh skeletor taskmaster wuz the worsed.

Ya, this thread is a little confusing....Are the first couple of posters all the same person or something? Either way Taskmaster's a good character IMO, haven't seen the revamped version of him but I liked the old "Skeletor" version of him just fine.

The only Taskmaster costume I am familiar with is his old one and the SLIGHTLY updated one from Moon Knight, which I don't mind. Can someone post a pic of the new costume you are speaking of?

UDON for me aswell, that mini was pretty cool. Costume looked pretty cool, the original's good though aswell.

I like the original costume the best, but I don't mind the redesigned one.

Taskmaster_Head.jpg

Old Taskmaster
udontaskmaster2.jpg

New Taskmaster

I like them both and dont really care which one they use. If i had to pick one I would prolly pick the new one.

Ya, this thread is a little confusing....Are the first couple of posters all the same person or something?

No we're not. Redcoolaid is another poster following the shadow of Tropico...or it is Tropico.

I dig the Udon version the best. I wish they had come up with a way to combine the two. His hard light weapons systems and image projector tech was the perfect additon. Seems kinda stupid to go back to the way it was.

No we're not. Redcoolaid is another poster following the shadow of Tropico...or it is Tropico.

Nope. I barely know anything about Taskmaster and I never made a separate account for my weekend noobster thing. Besides, wasn't it like a week ago that someone had already made a thread about Taskmaster? I'm pretty sure there was.:confused:

I like Tasky's old costume, but actually loved Udon's Taskmaster :up:

Nope. I barely know anything about Taskmaster and I never made a separate account for my weekend noobster thing. Besides, wasn't it like a week ago that someone had already made a thread about Taskmaster? I'm pretty sure there was.:confused:

Why is there always one person who has to point out that there was "already a thread" about this? I did not know that (and didn't care to sift through a week's worth of posts). Had I known that, I might have looked for the old one, but I didn't. Decided to start my own to see how others felt about this issue, and maybe see if anyone actually knew why Marvel went back to the old outfit.

Prefer the new one by far, plus all his gadgetary.

The old version is alright and has some impact, but the newer version is superior in design and functionality.

I made one some time ago. I was asking if Taskmaster's continuity was still intact. Because he was changing outfits and personalities back and forth.

On topic, I have to say I can't stand the normal Taskmaster in his silly orange & blue costume and total stuck up, prick personality. I prefer the UDON version by far. He's easily one of my favorite Marvel characters. And that's not just because he has a cool costume, but as mentioned before he finally got some damn likeable personality.

I made one some time ago. I was asking if Taskmaster's continuity was still intact. Because he was changing outfits and personalities back and forth.

On topic, I have to say I can't stand the normal Taskmaster in his silly orange & blue costume and total stuck up, prick personality. I prefer the UDON version by far. He's easily one of my favorite Marvel characters. And that's not just because he has a cool costume, but as mentioned before he finally got some damn likeable personality.

Sorry nathan, didn't realize you'd already done this. However, I shake your hand and agree with you 100%. He suddenly became one of my favorites too, but after a short burst they decided to bury his new design/personality. Ugh.

It makes no sense at all that Tasky would all of a sudden want to trash his hard light gear and start carrying 80 different weapons (most of which are medieval for some reason) again.

No. Sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"