Which Marvel hero would you like to see on TV?

SenseiofCheese

has been expecting you.
Reaction score
Title says it all, really; What Marvel character would you like to see get his own TV series? It could be anyone and anything, really, as long as it would last a few seasons. Live action, animated, CG, whatever.

I just started re-reading Ennis' run on Punisher Max and thought how great it'd be, and fitting, to make a live action Punisher series. Nudity and violence would ensue, so it could be on HBO. I'm a big fan of Frank Castle so it has pained me to see that he's just not going to get a good movie to his name, but I think he's just the kind of character to get his own show.

Another series I'd like to see would be a Heroes 4 Hire show. This could easily be made into a action comedy, buddy-cop vibe, bromantic show focusing on Luke Cage and Iron Fist, with cameos or supporting characters from the comics.

Both of these ideas could very well work, seeings as there are no mind boggling superpowers involved that demand massive amounts of CGI to eat a hole in the budget. With Marvel being as big as it is in the movie market, this would be the perfect time for them to get something on the air.

So, you guys have any ideas as to what characters could hold up their own show?

Dr Strange. If they toned down the magic a lot it could work well for a live action (think the Constantine movie without the sucking and definitely without the Keanu Reeves).

Daredevil would be the best choice I would think. It could work as a crime, noir series with a superhero edge. Recruit writers from the excellent American dramas that are being produced at the minute and have Miller, Bendis and Brubaker contribute if possible.

A dark Daredevil cartoon, much like the HBO Spawn series. It should be brutal, and adult.

A Marvel Team-Up cartoon. I imagine it similar in tone to Batman the Brave and the Bold. Like the comics, Spider-man could be the focus, to draw in viewers, but he wouldnt have to be in every episode.

A third season of Spectacular Spider-Man. :up:

If they did the Hulk like the Fugitive or a TV version of Planet Hulk, I think that could work. I hate to say it but the Bruce Jones run comes to mind.

The thing is regarding the X-men, given you have Heroes, people will see it as another version of Heroes.

Any street level detective type also works.

Power Man and Iron fist
without a doubt. it wouldn't be special effects laden, so it could work on a smaller scale like Television. Probably Iron fist's suit might have to be updated a bit( ballerina shoes might have people not into comics saying huh??).it could totally work cause it could be comedy, drama, action and adventure like any buddy buddy cop movie with a super villain every now and then.... *of course at the end of the story you could get that how we should all get along no matter our race and morality lesson kinda like He-man did at the end of his cartoon.

Hehe i am kiddin about that BS.... cause He-man should have had BattleCat eat Orko

MoonKnight. Most Live Action TV possibility to me and um I love the character:D

Marvel Two-In-One Cartoon Show.

The Thing and a guest star each week. First week is Spider-Man with special guest star the Human Torch. Second week is Captain America. :D

:thing: :thing: :thing:

Moony would be my 2nd choice.
Cause that mother *&^%$#^ is one bad Mother&*^%$# shut yo mouth, but i am talking about Moonknight:woot:

You know you want a Marvel Two-In-One show, Super Volt! Week 3 is Power Man and Iron Fist with special guest star Lockjaw.

:D

:thing: :doom: :thing:

oh hell yeah i would dig a Marvel two in one Cartoon Thing is awesome Frankie baby! Hell thing and Spiderwoman, Thing and Thundra, Thing and She-hulk .....hmmmm i seem to be caught in a quasi Female reality loop. hehe But you know for a live action TV show. you would want to see Power Man and Iron fist put the hurt on suckers each week and tell kids to stay in school.

As long as it's in the 70's. I like my Power Men like I like my women.

With a 6 inch Angela Davis afro!

the 70's???I love the 70's but you know Television has to "Smallville-lize" stuff now. It's all about the beautiful people on their shows.*"Huggy bear" was not beautiful! Love Huggy but smallville he wasnt. hehe
Luke and Danny would have to be all (bleah) "gossip girl" or at least "heroes" kinda or it would get cancalled in a week my friend

*Starksy and Hutch reference if you dont know ask your parents

I also think Cloak and Dagger would make for an excellent HBO mini series.

the 70's???I love the 70's but you know Television has to "Smallville-lize" stuff now. It's all about the beautiful people on their shows.*"Huggy bear" was not beautiful! Love Huggy but smallville he wasnt. hehe
Luke and Danny would have to be all (bleah) "gossip girl" or at least "heroes" kinda or it would get cancalled in a week my friend

*Starksy and Hutch reference if you dont know ask your parents

Forget how they do **** now. A period show would work better than that Blade series did.

And Super Volt, I know you are NOT talkin' to me about whether I know who the hell Huggy Bear is! :cmad:

Come on Frankie! you should know me better than that. i know you, Rogue, MD, Obi-Ron, Cap'n Stacy know when i make 70's references what i am talking about. that's for the other guys.I'm dense, but not that stupid.:cwink:

Man! if we get a period 70's piece i wouldn't want it turning into that *&^%$# campy batman 60's show. which it could easliy turn into with giant afros and black power afro picks and bell bottoms.haha

How about Cable and Deadpool? Or Union Jack (a la 24 or Burn Notice) which have guest heroes like Captain America and/or Britian, Namor, etc.

Runaways. Complete w/ Alex and Gert. You know what? Throw in the plant girl anyway; just don't explain where she came from :o

Daredevil's the easy choice; it's got a bunch of popular genres embedded (crime, noir, legal, martial arts), and an expansive collection of villains who don't require much in the way of special effects.

Power Man and Iron fist
without a doubt.
These two sound pretty appealing to me.

However, I think a tv adaptation of Dan Slott's She-Hulk would work GREAT.

People like superhero stuff like Heroes. People like courtroom dramas. People like action comedies. She-Hulk has all of that and the story would appeal to dudes and dames alike.

Plus, She-Hulk is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"