• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TLOU Remastered - is it worth it for someone not into zombies or stealth?

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
Everyone knows TLOU is one of the greatest games of all time. Of ALL TIME. I'm not disputing that and anyone who is, is honestly in my opinion kidding themselves.

However, when I found out last year what the game was at its core, I lost a lot of interest.

This is a 3rd person shooter but no ordinary one. It's super realistic, to have weapons and ammunition being super scarce.

Other than that, this is a zombie-stealth game, and I am not into either of those genres. This is the reason I skipped out on the game entirely.

So to give a brief introduction, I'm an owner of a Ps4 but am on the verge of selling it for the white Ps4 bundle, but I am going to sell destiny when I get it (it pissed me off when I found out Destiny is multiplayer online only without the option for even splitscreen) and all I have right now is Ghosts and that gets really boring.

The next game I'm gonna get is driveclub definitely, but I love the Uncharted games - didn't care about the first, loved the second, but the third pissed me off in that there was no final boss.

Is TLOUR worth buying for someone like me?

Everyone knows TLOU is one of the greatest games of all time. Of ALL TIME. I'm not disputing that and anyone who is, is honestly in my opinion kidding themselves.

However, when I found out last year what the game was at its core, I lost a lot of interest.

This is a 3rd person shooter but no ordinary one. It's super realistic, to have weapons and ammunition being super scarce.

Other than that, this is a zombie-stealth game, and I am not into either of those genres. This is the reason I skipped out on the game entirely.

So to give a brief introduction, I'm an owner of a Ps4 but am on the verge of selling it for the white Ps4 bundle, but I am going to sell destiny when I get it (it pissed me off when I found out Destiny is multiplayer online only without the option for even splitscreen) and all I have right now is Ghosts and that gets really boring.

The next game I'm gonna get is driveclub definitely, but I love the Uncharted games - didn't care about the first, loved the second, but the third pissed me off in that there was no final boss.

Is TLOUR worth buying for someone like me?

Yes because its not the conventional stealth, and the action is amazing. If you liked Uncharted this game is a most get trust me you will not regret it. The story drives you forward and you actually give a dam about the characters, Joel and Ellie relationship is one of the best in a game you will ever encounter and by the end of it you learn to love her just as much as Joel. Get this game and don't look back as it is a modern masterpiece that puts most current games to shame.

There is a thread for it here: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=482055

Short answer: no
I saw the thread for this but seeing as how there's not much discussion on the gaming sections of this forum I figured I would just make a new thread, along with the fact that I am a unique case (if you read my OP)
Yes because its not the conventional stealth, and the action is amazing. If you liked Uncharted this game is a most get trust me you will not regret it. The story drives you forward and you actually give a dam about the characters, Joel and Ellie relationship is one of the best in a game you will ever encounter and by the end of it you learn to love her just as much as Joel. Get this game and don't look back as it is a modern masterpiece that puts most current games to shame.
the guy right above you says otherwise. And I've seen the playthroughs man, stealth is stealth.

honestly the only thing I say I like about these games are the graphics and cutscenes. it really doesn't look like a game i'd enjoy playing moreso passing the controller to someone else and watching them play. I'm looking to be convinced otherwise.

Theres no reason not to like The Last of Us. If you don't like the stealth or "zombie" aspect its got going for it, learn to.

This is a pointless thread that's basically just made for you to be swayed one way or the other to make a decision. You could have asked this question in, oh I dunno, The Last Of Us thread. You seem pretty nitpicky so I'm just gonna tell you no don't get the game. But also I'm gonna suggest a mod maybe close this thread. I do not understand why someone people make these threads. It's an amazing perfect game, but yeah whatever.

Theres no reason not to like The Last of Us. If you don't like the stealth or "zombie" aspect its got going for it, learn to.
"learn" to like it? that's making myself have to work towards enjoying something when the product itself should have me liking it with their presentation from the getgo

This is a pointless thread that's basically just made for you to be swayed one way or the other to make a decision. You could have asked this question in, oh I dunno, The Last Of Us thread. You seem pretty nitpicky so I'm just gonna tell you no don't get the game. But also I'm gonna suggest a mod maybe close this thread. I do not understand why someone people make these threads. It's an amazing perfect game, but yeah whatever.

I'm beginning to feel like making this its own thread was a mistake yeah, but there's no need for you to make me feel like crap for doing so, jeez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"