tmnt game pics..

Ok, I finished the game. Well... it was fun. Not super great, but fun. But a little disappointing. Here's my gripe.

They turned TMNT into a complete platforming game. You'll spend about 60-90 percent, stages vary, running along walls, swinging on flagpoles and jumping from platform to platform. Then occasionally you'll get to fight at some pre-fixed battle points, just in time before you lose your mind from all the endless jumping and running.

Sadly the fights aren't all that challenging. Because the random thugs and Foot Ninja are as dumb as bricks. All they do is to get near you and hit once. Rince and repeat. The fights get even more easy if you know when to use the block button, or just hold it. Holding the block button allows you to dodge practically any attack, except for projectiles. And the combos, though great looking, are boring as hell after a while. Because you have to smash just one button repeatedly. At least in the first current-gen TMNT game by Konami you had two buttons to vary your combos.

The game was fun and all, but doesn't really deserve anything above a 7.0. I think the game would've been great if it would've been a little like Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. A bit of platforming, enemies that do more more than trying to hit you once and most important of all, 2-Player.

Well, I'll be picking up the Wii version Tuesday morning, and when I do, I'll post my thoughts.

It's too bad it's not as action oriented as the PS2 TMNT was before.

We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"