Revenge of the Fallen The Official Transformers: ROTF Game Thread

1) What's a DLC?
2) So does that mean that Sideswipe is playable?
3) Could you list all the playable characters?

I really hope that Sides, Demolisher, Devastator and the Fallen are playable. Especially the first two.
Thanks a lot!

Here are my guesses:
1-Sideswipe(confirmed)
2-G1 Scream(cofirmed)
3-Jazz
4-Brawl
5-Bonecrusher
6-G1 Prime
7-Skids
8-Mudflap
9-Soundwave
10-G1 Megs
if some of those dont make it in i would like to see Jetfire and the fallen.
and the 3 maps are probably gonna be desert inspired.
and i really want more multiplayer achievements like "Get 1000 kills with *insert character* in MP"

Last edited:
Here are the first screens of the DLC for ROTF as well as a link to more info, enjoy, WOO HOO Sideswipe!!!:D:up:

transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-20090715105101261.jpg

transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-20090715105104699.jpg

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1003820p1.html
Nice:up: It needed some Sideswipe.

I just bought the game. It's alright so far. I hate Starscreams voice. He sounds more like Megatron and Megatron sound more like Starscream. Bumblebee's voice is terrible also.

It's a pity we got non-movie characters like Breakaway and not Sideswipe, Skids and mudflap.

Holding down the RT button to stay in your alt mode is annoying.

I just bought the game. It's alright so far. I hate Starscreams voice. He sounds more like Megatron and Megatron sound more like Starscream. Bumblebee's voice is terrible also.

It's a pity we got non-movie characters like Breakaway and not Sideswipe, Skids and mudflap.

...well, Starscream is voiced by Charlie Adler, the person who voices him in both movies, and Megatron is voiced by Frank Welker, who voices him in G1. Sideswipe has been confirmed to be DLC.

Did they cast Welker for Megatron again? His voice doesnt suit this Megatron... at all...
Why do they do it?

Skids and Mudflap over Breakaway? (btw, why is he in the toys and games but not in the movie?)

And finally, there probably is an option about the transformations. Maybe you need to set it to change only when you press the button.

I'm pretty disappointed in game Megatron. He sounds nowhere near as menacing as Weaving's Megatron. And if the game voice actor for Starscream is the same as the movie's, they really did something different. He's got a much deeper voice than in the Movie.

Since they decided to not cast Welker and displease the geewunners, then why do they cast Welker for the game? Is Weaving too expensive?
This is stupid...

I think it's simply done for the G1 purists. So they can have their Cullen and Welker. To be honest, I never liked Welker as Megatron. I prefer every single voice actor that came after him.

I think it's simply done for the G1 purists. So they can have their Cullen and Welker. To be honest, I never liked Welker as Megatron. I prefer every single voice actor that came after him.
That's what i think too.

Anyway, IMHO the voice Megatron has in the movie is probably the best. Its certainly the most suitable for him judging by how he looks and behaves.

On the other hand, the more aristocratic and snobbish Beast Wars Megatron needed exactly the voice he had.

tldr: All heil lord Megatron! :woot:

I just rented this game 4 days ago and while the single player is mediocre at best the online is spectacular. If you can get a good online game going with a 3v3 or a 4v4 without anyone leaving it can be real fun and enjoyable. Though the massive amount of Bumblebee players can get annoying at times.

I only use 2 characters online. Ironhide on Autobots and Starscream on Decepticons. Each have their faults like all do except Bumblebee but because they are my 2 favorite characters I mastered how to play them pretty quickly and adjusted to them. If I get close to you with Ironhide it's a done deal especially if were on rock ground and not a building. His secondary weapon is deadly in close quarters. He is completely useless for far combat and can't be stuck trying to shoot someone far away because it's useless.

I just rented this game 4 days ago and while the single player is mediocre at best the online is spectacular. If you can get a good online game going with a 3v3 or a 4v4 without anyone leaving it can be real fun and enjoyable. Though the massive amount of Bumblebee players can get annoying at times.

I only use 2 characters online. Ironhide on Autobots and Starscream on Decepticons. Each have their faults like all do except Bumblebee but because they are my 2 favorite characters I mastered how to play them pretty quickly and adjusted to them. If I get close to you with Ironhide it's a done deal especially if were on rock ground and not a building. His secondary weapon is deadly in close quarters. He is completely useless for far combat and can't be stuck trying to shoot someone far away because it's useless.
Arent Prime and Megatron gonna kick your ass with ease?

Also, it strikes me that Ironhide is bad when fighting from a distance. His cannons are huge!

Not really. Ironhide is probably the best when it comes to close quarter combat, taking out Megatron is fairly easily, 3 or 4 grenades with the secondary weapon and than switch to the primary weapon and aim for the head and it's a kill with about half your life left.

Yes he is completely useless when it comes to far combat that's why you can't go jumping into combat you need to get up and close with him.

As far as Starscream, stay faaaaaar away from Optimus unless you can get the jump on him. He's guns have too good of range and power.

Anyone know when the DLC is supposed to be out? REALLY want to play as Sideswipe! Hopefully the Twins and Jetfire too.

update for all those who only read this thread... G1 Optimus and movie Sound wave were announced as part of the 10 DLC characters... 6 characters still in mystery,,, heres hopin for the twins

If Brawl and Bonecrusher are added it's a must for me.

sweetness... thats awsome

Edit: hold on a sec... i cant find a picture... sure this could be true... but every time they announced there has been pictures to go with. We all knew, or should have known, that Jazz was going to be a character in the DLC... however, wheres the pic?

Last edited:
So far, the confirmed characters are...

Decepticons:
G1 Soundwave
Soundwave (movie)
G1 Megatron

Autobots:
Sideswipe (movie)
G1 Optimus Prime
Jazz (movie)

Looking forward to the characters, but Sideswipe should of been in the game already.

So far, the confirmed characters are...

Decepticons:
G1 Soundwave
Soundwave (movie)
G1 Megatron

Autobots:
Sideswipe (movie)
G1 Optimus Prime
Jazz (movie)

Can we really say that it has been confirmed? There hasnt been a picture... or any proof other then he said/ she said...

I'm pretty sure we'll see Jazz... and Def G1 Megatron... But where's the site that activison has been listing these characters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"