TMNT Review Thread

Most of these reviews seems to be saying the same thing they said when the new TV show came out. That it's too violent and macho, it should be incredibly ****ty like the old show... **** that... Just look at the snip-its... From what I hear, it's exactly what a TMNT movie should be... Awesome action with decent characterizations...

Couldn't find one...apoligies if there is one.

But some early reviews from critics are gettin' out...now, I usually take critics opinion w/ a grain of salt since well, you know...BUT I read this review and the last line had me LMAO.

http://filmcritic1963.typepad.com/capsules/2007/03/tmnt.html
WTH?! Did this guy watch the same movie that I did last Friday? :confused:

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" is little more than an overtly violent elongation of a Saturday morning cartoon. In the crime-riddled streets of Manhattan, turtle siblings Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael reunite after years of pursuing their individual interests.
I don't see what they did
as a result of Leo's departure... as instructed by Splinter
as them pursuing their 'individual interests'
They seem to hate what they were doing with the exception of Raphael who did what did he because he had to

Resident sensei rat Splinter oversees the reunion that re-teams the slacker ninja turtles with former allies April O'Neil (Sarah Michelle Gellar) and Casey Jones (Chris Evans) to take on a vicious crime gang called the "Foot Clan." Evil mastermind Maximillian J. Winters (Patrick Stewart) releases an army of ancient giant monsters that the Foot Clan is helping to protect. A throughline of organized violence permeates "TMNT" as a baby step toward preparing youngsters to become soldiers in America's never-ending war on humanity.
The Foot Clan was protecting the monsters that Winters had released 3,000 years ago? O rly? :rolleyes:

I don't think this guy got the plot right. Either that or he's not a fan of TMNT and fell asleep during the movie or had frequent visits to the restroom that he missed out on quite a bit.

I really enjoyed this movie and was very much entertained. I loved the first movie (due to nostalgic reasons and because Shredder rocked!) and I like this one just as much. I thought the animation was great and the characterization and plot was pretty decent. As a TMNT fan, I must say that I am not disappointed by this movie. If you're a fan... GO SEE IT!

PS. Karai is hot. :up:

wow so some thought it was too silly and others not silly enough lol

on the plus side though from what I have been reading it seems the fans are liking it. considering the film was designed for the fans that is a good thing in my eyes.

Comingsoon.net gave it a good review! Check the SHH home page for the link.

Very good review indeed! :up: I'd give it a 7/10 as well. I feel like watching it again. I agree with most of the reviewer's comment. This is definitely someone who did not run off to the bathroom countless times or fell asleep during the movie.

Very glad to see SuperHeroHype give TMNT a good review.... however, I don't pay as close attention to their reviews now after that Ghost Rider crap.

Either way, I'm at the theatre Friday (and I just underwent surgery- won't be done until next Wednesday)- can't wait.

So, have reviewers lost their inner child or something?

Or just ******ed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2007/03/26/tmnt_2007_review.shtml

You can't keep a good turtle down: 14 years after their last big screen outing, the teenage mutant ninja turtles are back, rebranded as TMNT and re-envisioned in top-drawer CGI. It's a reboot for the twenty first century - darker, smarter and altogether better looking - that takes its visual inspiration from The Incredibles and pits its heroes in half shells against *a crazed industrialist (voiced by Patrick Stewart) who's trying to build an army of ancient monsters.

TMNT picks up the story of the Renaissance-monikered turtles some time after the events of the live action movies. Shredder has been defeated (well, possibly...) and the group has split up. Leonardo's hiding in the jungles of Central America, Donatello runs a tech support hotline, Michelangelo is a kids' entertainer and Raphael has a secret nightlife. Torn apart by brotherly rivalry, the turtles are banned from fighting by sensei Splinter until they can "act as one". It ain't easy being green...

"IMPRESSIVELY CINEMATIC"

Although it lacks the truly adult wit and appeal of The Incredibles, this is far removed from the turtles' cutesy Saturday morning TV 'toon or the lame 90s live-action trilogy (remember Vanilla Ice?). Director Kevin Munroe gives it an impressively cinematic feel, his digital camera zooming between New York tenement buildings or following a breathless fight between Raphael and a mini monster (scored to "Black Betty"). The turtles themselves occasionally look like they're made out of plasticine, but hey it's way better than watching four grown men prance about in rubber shell suits...

Why can't he get the story right? :( That's not the guy the turtles were fighting.
But at least his review was positive. ***/5 isn't bad.

critics didnt like the first 3, why would they like this one? im sure it will be good.

ign.com's Todd Gilchrist gave TMNT a good review. I like how he was obviously paying attention during the movie. Then again, he's a TMNT fan who was aware of (and not in rabid denial of) the grittier, pre-cartoon comics. This encourages me because it's not like it's a positive review from some random site I've never even heard of. Also, for all its structural weaknesses, the movie was still very satisfying to this reviewer -- who seemed both informed and sober when he wrote this review.

Very glad to see SuperHeroHype give TMNT a good review.... however, I don't pay as close attention to their reviews now after that Ghost Rider crap.

Either way, I'm at the theatre Friday (and I just underwent surgery- won't be done until next Wednesday)- can't wait.
Seriously, I was JUST about to write that!:up:

^I'll take that as a good thing!!! ****ing lamo critics, they dont know a good thing when they see it!

The Raph fight from the ign clips looked pretty tight.

That's pretty f'n good! :woot:

Can't wait til' tomorrow...

Most movie reviewers don't know what they're talking about cuz they don't bother understanding the comic book which the movie is based on. It was either Roper or Ebert that gave Spider-Man one a thumbs down because he was too cartoony when he was swing through New York or during some of the CG action stunts.I also recalled when the first TMNT live action was out movie many critics thought it was based on the cartoon series not the black and white comic book series.

A Lot of Critics have no idea what they are talking about. I went to see this movie at a Midnight SHowing which actually had a decent size crowd and the crowd just ate it up. I loved it and they loved it add into the fact that they kinda set up for a sequel so I hope this movie does well in the BO.

A Lot of Critics have no idea what they are talking about. I went to see this movie at a Midnight SHowing which actually had a decent size crowd and the crowd just ate it up. I loved it and they loved it add into the fact that they kinda set up for a sequel so I hope this movie does well in the BO.

same here. sold out theatre where i saw it. i loved it, the crowd loved it. like u said, hope it does well so we can get a sequel. i'm probably going to go see it again this weekend.

I'm hoping I can see the movie next week.

I have to work overtime this weekend. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"