TMNT: The Last Ronin

I have heard a lot of good things about Last Ronin.

But the tone is the last thing I want in a TMNT game.

And thats my cue to finally pull the trigger on this.
Heard a lot of good about it, but never had the time for it...now i think its the time for it.

The Last Ronin was a beautiful bookend to my 30+ years as a turtles fan and a character action take on this could be amazing.

Good timing, I recently bought the hardcover edition.

I've been waiting for some grittier TMNT adaptations. Since the next movie still isn't going there, this is good news. I think this also might have potential gameplay-wise.

Just did a quick search on this Last Ronin story. I'm not super into TMNT, but this is definitely different for the series. Dark, depressing, dystopian, dead characters. I'm into it. Sounds like it will make a great videogame. Hopefully whoever is developing it knows what they're doing.

Probably 5 years out though.

Yeah, I mean that trailer would've been exciting if it was the first we heard about it but yeah, beyond that, very meh haha

These reveal trailers are usually a recruitment tool.

"Look, we're making this cool game! Come join us!"

That's a nice bonus. But the reality is, publishers also expect the promotional trail to begin well before most studios have anything to properly confirm about their game haha (I say this as someone who works on and writes game trailers for a VFX company). I wrote an announcement trailer a couple of years ago for a massive (and recently released) fantasy game. Wrote a whole ass villain monologue that I thought was very cool and couldn't wait to see brought to life. They ended up removing that villain from the game altogether so had to change all the VO haha It's always safe to assume anything they don't show in the reveal trailer yet, it's either too early to lock it in or they don't full know the answers themselves yet :p

See: Star Wars Eclipse (may it be cancelled) and the KOTOR Remake.

Yeah that teaser was a whole lotta nothing.

I'm interested in the game though. I guess you'll primarily play as the Ronin and the other Turtles just in the flashbacks? And even then it's gonna be a short time before they get killed so it might feel a bit pointless. Idk I feel like the appeal of a TMNT game is getting equal playing time of all the Turtles or choosing which one to play as. So we'll see.

I still kinda wish that Rocksteady (no pun intended) rumor from years ago was true. Remember they were rumored to be working on a Turtles game? Gimme an open world Arkham style game with the Turtles and I'm set

Last edited:
Oh and I read the comics, the idea for the story is fine I guess. But I didn't get the hype. It's just another Spider-Man Reign, Daredevil: End of Days, Old Man Logan type thing. You know taking a page outta the The Dark Knight Returns schtick. But similar to those 3 others I mentioned, Last Ronin lacked TDKR's epic feel and scope

It went by way too fast, you didn't really even feel the weight of character's deaths. I wouldn't mind a DTV of the story to expand things. Do a pt 1 and pt2 like they did with TDKR. Or hopefully the game expands the story enough

Oh and I read the comics, the idea for the story is fine I guess. But I didn't get the hype. It's just another Spider-Man Reign, Daredevil: End of Days, Old Man Logan type thing. You know taking a page outta the The Dark Knight Returns schtick. But similar to those 3 others I mentioned, Last Ronin lacked TDKR's epic feel and scope

It went by way too fast, you didn't really even feel the weight of character's deaths. I wouldn't mind a DTV of the story to expand things. Do a pt 1 and pt2 like they did with TDKR. Or hopefully the game expands the story enough

A lot of the hype is from Eastman writing, and it being based on old idea by Eastman and Laird.

Finally read this. Absolutely loved it. Amazing story and a perfect ending to the Turtles mythos. Can't wait for this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"