TMOS Review & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, the Misc forums on bodybuilding.com are a hive of scum and villainy. Trolling is the norm as opposed to the exception there. So everyone take this with a heaping of salt. Entertaining read though.

I know you are joking, but most of the people on there who sound like idiot meatheads don't even lift. The guys who are serious about bodybuilding on there are actually quite intelligent and well-spoken, but they stay away from the Misc section like it is the plague.

I am a member over there (and I do lift :)), but that post sounded legit....the MISC might be filled with a ton of immature dudes, but it's still a loyal crowd when needed and legit topics are brought up.

I got excited in that guys post when he said some of the super speed fights "are" done in slow mo.

I am a member over there (and I do lift :)), but that post sounded legit....the MISC might be filled with a ton of immature dudes, but it's still a loyal crowd when needed and legit topics are brought up.

I got excited in that guys post when he said some of the super speed fights "are" done in slow mo.

Oh cool, I mostly hang around the IFBB Pro subforum and my experience there with posters from the MISC has been almost entirely negative. So while my comments may have been a bit too general, I hope you can understand that they do come from real experience from being on that board. Honestly though, I can't see how you found this guy's review legitimate. He says so many things that directly contradict what we know about the movie and what was been said in official interviews. He says that Superman and Zod throw planets at each other when both Snyder and Goyer have said in interviews that their Superman is not quite as strong as the continent-lifting version in Superman Returns.

Oh cool, I mostly hang around the IFBB Pro subforum and my experience there with posters from the MISC has been almost entirely negative. So while my comments may have been a bit too general, I hope you can understand that they do come from real experience from being on that board. Honestly though, I can't see how you found this guy's review legitimate. He says so many things that directly contradict what we know about the movie and what was been said in official interviews. He says that Superman and Zod throw planets at each other when both Snyder and Goyer have said in interviews that their Superman is not quite as strong as the continent-lifting version in Superman Returns.

yea I hear ya and you are right that in general, the misc is VERY immature. The planet slinging in suspect since we obviously know that doesn't happen, unless he was being figurative with his language.

If that's a fake review, sorry. Just thought it should be shared in the proper thread.

If that's a fake review, sorry. Just thought it should be shared in the proper thread.

That's the problem with all this that's come out so far... one never quite knows what's legit and what not:huh:

From stuff seen in tv spots, I wouldn't have thought that the movie would actually be "painfully predictable"... hmm

He gave STID 5/10 and IM3 6.5/10. I kind of agree on Iron Man 3, although I would rate it a little higher. STID was excellent imo, so I'm puzzled by his score for that movie, but the world would be boring if we all liked the same stuff so I'll give him a pass on that. His review of MOS is pretty fair, and he rates it a good bit higher than the aformentioned films, so that is a positive sign. I'm really not bothered by the "painfully predictable" quote, for the simple reason that most people (incl. probably the reviewer) already know Superman's origin and what the likely chronological order of events will be in this film. From the trailers and TV spots it doesn't look like they stray to far from established canon, so I guess to some it will be predictable. Speaking of predictable. Big spoiler here: I haven't seen MOS but I hear that Superman prevails over Zod and Co. in the end.:cwink:

I think he's telling the truth. He's got other reviews on his sight. He really has nothing to gain by lying.

Australia is almost a day ahead of us, so if screenings started in the U.S. today they would have seen it Sunday our time. It seems legit, but who the heck knows? If he isn't a Superman fan though, his overall score is pretty decent.

He gave STID 5/10 and IM3 6.5/10. I kind of agree on Iron Man 3, although I would rate it a little higher. STID was excellent imo, so I'm puzzled by his score for that movie, but the world would be boring if we all liked the same stuff so I'll give him a pass on that. His review of MOS is pretty fair, and he rates it a good bit higher than the aformentioned films, so that is a positive sign. I'm really not bothered by the "painfully predictable" quote, for the simple reason that most people (incl. probably the reviewer) already know Superman's origin and what the likely chronological order of events will be in this film. From the trailers and TV spots it doesn't look like they stray to far from established canon, so I guess to some it will be predictable. Speaking of predictable. Big spoiler here: I haven't seen MOS but I hear that Superman prevails over Zod and Co. in the end.:cwink:

I think he prefers complicated movies. He gave Indiana Jones 3 a 5.5 and Inception 10/10. So yes, I think he cares too much about having a "puzzling" plot. So an 8 is pretty good, (what he gave Batman Begins), all things considered.

Spoiler tag that crap next time man! :cmad:
:o

I also heard that he joins Zod and kills everyone on Earth! Damn, I don't know what to believe now.:cwink: Hey shouldn't you have put your spoiler of my spoiler in tags??

Last edited:
Naite22 is predictably seething at the smallest slight against the film. This'll be fun.

Well since my last thread was taken down because it was found to be pointless. I wanted to discuss with u guys how did u have the story sequence plotted out. I wanted a new thread so that way I didn't have to go threw 40 pages of "I want a WF movie or any other type of topic but If they don't allow me what can I do.

I think this might be the spot to post this cause that Open Discussion Thread is way to crowded with nonsense

Here is my take of the sequence so far:
- Movie starts where Comic book Prequel ends
- Clark in fishing boat scene
- Clark saves ppl from Oil rig
- Clark gets knocked out by debris from oil rig and falls into the ocean.
- Clark goes into flashback sequence when he was a kid
- Clark wakes up and goes to a nearby town
- Clark sees a school bus in the town and goes into a flashback
- We see the Kent's and early teen Clark
- Teen Clark saves school bus
- Pa Kent has a talk with Teen Clark
- Pa Kent tells the truth to teen Clark about where he is from and how they found him (Maybe a flashback of how they found him?) Flashback ends.
- Clark goes in the quest to find the Fortress of Solitude (Kryptonian Ship)
- Clark find the key in the Kryptonian ship and activates Jor-El's Message
- Jor -El tells him of what happened in Krypton
- Flashback of Krypton
- Lara gives birth to Kal-El
- Jor-El and Lara place new born Kal-El into the ship
- Jor- El activates the ship to send him to earth.
- Zod arrives to stop Jor-El and arrest him for the unauthorized birth of Kal-El
- Jor-El and Zod fight
- Kal-El's ship takes off
- Zod is sentenced to the Black Zero
- Destruction of Krypton takes place (end of flashback)
- Clark suits up
- Superman first flight
- Superman goes back to Smallville
- Zod's message to earth and Kal-El
- Clark sees the pictures of Pa kent and him when he was a kid
- Flashback of Clark and Pa Kent
- The Tornado sequence
- Pa Kent dies
- Zod' ship lands on earth
- Clark says goodbye to Martha
- The military surround Zod's ship
- Superman presents himself for the first time as demanded by Zod
- Lois talks to Superman
- Zod sends a pod to take Superman and they also take Lois.
- they are taken to the Black Zero to meet Zod
- Zod tells Kal-El of his plan to activate the Kryptonian Clone Codex to re-populate the earth. In order to activate the Codex Zod need the key to the ship
- Kal-El refuses to help
- They beat up Kal-El and put him in the dream machine
- In the dream sequence Kal-El goes into a horrible nightmare.
- Jor- El shows up in the dream and helps Kal-El wake up.
- Zod goes to the kent farm to find the key
- Lois escapes on a Kryptonian pod
- Superman escapes Black Zero and saves Lois from crashing
- Zod arrives on the kent farm
- Ma kent refuses to help them
- Faora tries to kill Ma Kent
- Superman saves Ma Kent
- Superman fight the Kryptonians in Smallville
- The military attack both the Kryptonians and Superman
- The military take Superman into custody
- Lois interrogates Superman
- Zod arrives in Metropolis
- The military engage Zod's ship
- Zod fights Superman in Metropolis
- Zod goes back to ship and activates the death ray ( that's what I call it )
- Superman goes head on into the ray to try and stop it.
- Superman destroys the ship or stops Zod.
- After this I would be guessing what happens because we have not seen any footage from the end.
Well this is my take on how the movie is set up

If u guys have any other theory's we can discuss them here.

To help u guys out I edited all the trailers and TV spots in chronological order.

Let me know what u guys think and how u believe is going to be set up.

There is no audio on this videos so there is nothing wrong with ur speakers
Krypton:
[YT]oS7xC-xhmTM[/YT]

Clark's Early years:
[YT]OBRuC34NtfU[/YT]

Clark's Jorney:
[YT]HxzHwMHWlso[/YT]

Zod's Message/Black Zero/Dream Sequence/Smallville Battle:
[YT]X_9NJFBX5Q8[/YT]

Metropolis Battle:
[YT]UnRIl0eSrXs[/YT]

Why fake? Because of the "predictable" comment? A superhero movie that's predictable isn't anything new. Or did you expect Ra's to defeat Batman in BB, or a Chitauri occupation on Earth right before the Avengers end credits rolled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"