TMOS Review & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity did the early reviews hail GL as "the best CBM of all time"?

From what I remember at least, no, and if anyone did than wow, they must really like anything Warner Bros. throws at them.lol

Out of curiosity did the early reviews hail GL as "the best CBM of all time"?

I don't remember reading any about GL like that. There were some cheesy ones though, but nothing that bold. Not that I recall, anyways.

I don't remember reading any about GL like that. There were some cheesy ones though, but nothing that bold. Not that I recall, anyways.

So we can assume that MOS is at least BETTER than GL. If that means anything. :yay:

We can assume a lot of things are better than GL.

Does anyone remember what reactions were like to early screenings of SR?

Does anyone remember what reactions were like to early screenings of SR?

From what I remember, they were somewhat positive as well. Come to think of it, I remember having heard and seen quite a few people that were saying on how much they liked the film during the early phase of its release.

I think it was only after a certain amount of time had passed and with more viewings that people started to notice more of the problems that the film had.

From what I remember, they were somewhat positive as well. Come to think of it, I remember having heard and seen quite a few people that were saying on how much they liked the film during the early phase of its release.

I think it was only after a certain amount of time had passed and with more viewings that people started to notice more of the problems that the film had.

Yes but this movie has no kid and way more action. I highly doubt it is worse or even on the same level as SR.

Did they say SR was the best CBM of all time?

Just watched SR a few days ago. It's awful. However, I watched all the trailers for it right before viewing it. Needless to say, the trailers do a lot better job than the movie itself.

Just watched SR a few days ago. It's awful. However, I watched all the trailers for it right before viewing it. Needless to say, the trailers do a lot better job than the movie itself.

But I didn't like the trailers either. :woot:

The trailers for SR showed alot that wasnt even in the film. It truly sold itself as a different film than what we got.
I cant say for sure that MoS isnt doing that either, but if it is as good as its showing, then I think it will be a VERY good film.

I haven't been this excited for a film since the official trailer for TASM came out.

I haven't been this excited for a film since the official trailer for TASM came out.

I haven't been this excited since 2008, right before TDK came out. Trying to temper my expectations but it isn't working.

I hope 99% of what we're seeing in the trailers and tv spots are in the final film.

sometimes trailers do show an entirely different film than the actual film.

I'm looking at you Tangled.......lol

Agreed, and I'm more excited for MOS than I was for Rises

Really??? Snyder doesnt have a great film record and the special effects are dodgy in the stuff we have seen so far. Especially that scene where Superman is trying to push that beam of light with his fist. Snyder is no Nolan. Granted I'm excited for MOS, but going in with caution.

I hope 99% of what we're seeing in the trailers and tv spots are in the final film.

sometimes trailers do show an entirely different film than the actual film.

I'm looking at you Tangled.......lol

Actually I have just the opposite opinion.. Since we have seen so much footage in the trailers/tv spots.. I hope it's not in the film cause that would mean that much more new footage that we havent' seen...

In fact, if it's up to me, I'll create scenes just for trailers.. but keeping it in tune with the overall story of the film... but of course that'll add to the budget of the movie if you had to shoot so much extra stuff... They could however, include such footage back into the film for Blu-Ray releases...

Really??? Snyder doesnt have a great film record and the special effects are dodgy in the stuff we have seen so far. Especially that scene where Superman is trying to push that beam of light with his fist. Snyder is no Nolan. Granted I'm excited for MOS, but going in with caution.

I really liked 300. It was stylistic and 'new' and it worked. Though I think I know what you mean by his special effects.. he likes grainy, dark, tinted, unsaturated, scenes that does not look 'realistic'.. That's the only worry I have about MOS, that the special effects are grainy and unreal... like in Sucker Punch! (Though sucker punch did have a good story to tell... )

I really liked 300. It was stylistic and 'new' and it worked. Though I think I know what you mean by his special effects.. he likes grainy, dark, tinted, unsaturated, scenes that does not look 'realistic'.. That's the only worry I have about MOS, that the special effects are grainy and unreal... like in Sucker Punch! (Though sucker punch did have a good story to tell... )

Yeah people generally have the complete opposite opinion of Sucker Punch.
Good effects, bad story.

It is a pretty good trailer, though, some of those scenes didnt make it into the film.

Unfortunately not. But the reason I referenced this trailer is because it's a reboot, and it came off a less than revealing teaser trailer. This set the tone huge for Spider-Man. This is when the hype really started to build for this movie. Words couldn't describe the anticipation I had for that film at that time, but now this MOS movie is giving me a similar feeling. Especially after that Sears clip. The worried look in Cavil's eyes says it all. This is a down to earth Superman, no pun intended. :whatever:

Unfortunately not. But the reason I referenced this trailer is because it's a reboot, and it came off a less than revealing teaser trailer. This set the tone huge for Spider-Man. This is when the hype really started to build for this movie. Words couldn't describe the anticipation I had for that film at that time, but now this MOS movie is giving me a similar feeling. Especially after that Sears clip. The worried look in Cavil's eyes says it all. This is a down to earth Superman, no pun intended. :whatever:

I noticed that the Man of Steel trailers have more likes/less dislikes than TASM trailers (and they both have a similar number of views). I loved TASM, but this seems like a good sign - about the GA's anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"