Tobey Maguire is the daddy! Literally!

Yesterday in the original SpiderBaby thread of June 12, I posted a link to a story about Tobey's fiancee designing jewelry for MJ in SM3.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2006-07-11-meyer_x.htm

That got the whole original thread moved to the Spidey-World forum. Maybe where it belonged in the first place. I'm just testing to see if I have the power to get another thread on its way.

Congrats to Tobey.

Now hopefully they won't name the baby "May".... ;)

theShape said:
well, tobey's not as enthusiastic about playing spidey as jackman is about playing wolverine. that's obvious. plus, he'll have 3 of these movies under his belt, while bale only has 1.

Um...no. I'm not sure where you are getting this.

Jackman has 3, and he still is doing Wolverine.

there have been talks of him not returning for any more sequels. he was only contracted for 3. all i'm saying is that now he now has a family to consider, and may choose to take a break from these long, grueling shoots.

:o :down

All that talk is just talk. Mostly from whiney and uninformed net fanboys that really don't know crap.

Family to consider? That doesn't keep Will Smith from doing tons of blockbusters.

Take a break? What has Maguire been doing? He's not appeared in one movie since Spider-man 2 came out 2 years ago.

Dr.Dude said:
Congrats to Tobey.

Now hopefully they won't name the baby "May".... ;)

Hopefully the baby will have a normal name instead of a Hollywood whack job name.

Like Apple or Phineas.

Peter if it's a boy. Samantha if it's a girl, Sam for short, or after Sam Raimi.

TheVileOne said:
Take a break? What has Maguire been doing? He's not appeared in one movie since Spider-man 2 came out 2 years ago.

Just this past October 2005, Maguire finished up filming the War World II period drama "The Good German" starring with George Clooney and Cate Blanchett. "The Good German" has a tentative release date of November 22, 2006 and early in the year kicked up some buzz as potential Oscar bait.

Congrats to Mr. Maguire and Miss Meyer on their happy news!

TheVileOne said:
Hopefully the baby will have a normal name instead of a Hollywood whack job name.

Like Apple or Phineas.

Peter if it's a boy. Samantha if it's a girl, Sam for short, or after Sam Raimi.

"Kal-El Coppola Cage" comes to mind.....

:o ;)

InsomniacFreak said:
Just this past October 2005, Maguire finished up filming the War World II period drama "The Good German" starring with George Clooney and Cate Blanchett. "The Good German" has a tentative release date of November 22, 2006 and early in the year kicked up some buzz as potential Oscar bait.

So he got like a whole year or more off.

yeah thats rediculous

to Kal-el Coppola Cage

Congrats Tobey. BTW, seems like LOTS are having babies in Hollywood right now.

Which is bad news for the books of proper baby names.

Could have sworn this news was announced last month, anyways.

I'm sure he's not reading this but what the heck; Congrats Tobey:) :up:

theShape said:
well, tobey's not as enthusiastic about playing spidey as jackman is about playing wolverine. that's obvious. plus, he'll have 3 of these movies under his belt, while bale only has 1.

there have been talks of him not returning for any more sequels. he was only contracted for 3. all i'm saying is that now he now has a family to consider, and may choose to take a break from these long, grueling shoots.

Tobey is a great guy but he owes Spidey his career, i don't think he would abandon it. Same goes for Jackman he's nothing without Wolverine so of course he's stuck to the character like "S#!t on Velcro" -Robin William :p.

Tobey should name the kid Stan the man LOL that would be awesomeness!

I wonder if the baby will use the last name Maguire or -Man?

Retroman said:
Could have sworn this news was announced last month, anyways.

I'm sure he's not reading this but what the heck; Congrats Tobey:) :up:

Yes, it was announced by the tabs around a month ago. But on July 12th an official confirmation of the engagement/pregnancy by Miss Meyer was issued in a USA Today story about her Jewelry business.

gambitfire said:
Tobey is a great guy but he owes Spidey his career, i don't think he would abandon it.

Tobey had a highly respected career before Spider-man. For certain, Spidey has opened up doors of opportunity for him, increased his salary and made him a household name, but his career was doing quite well before SM1 and likely would have blossomed without Spidey's help, though not as quickly. I feel confident, his career after Spidey will continue to advance.

And yes VileOne, Tobey has been off for quite a while now. But this is not unusual for Maguire. He often takes a lot of time off between films. He has always been very selective about the films he does and does not rush in. After the grueling physical experiences with Seabiscuit and Spidey 2 filming, post production (Seabiscuit executive producer role) and press circuiteering (which lasted several months after release for both these films), he has taken an extended break after SM2. Box office success does afford one that luxury.

But I hear you. None of these candyass actor or filmmaker types, even those who throw everything they have into their work, could last long pulling my 60-80 hr per week workload every day of their lives. So yes, I agree, there is a level of ridiculousness about their work schedules. Must be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"