Clone Wars "Together Again" Spoiler Discussion

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Where we get the Crimson Dawn name drop and the best insult in Star Wars history... :mrk: :mrk: :mrk:

Last edited:
Better than the other episodes of this arc. Great seeing Maul and Bo-Katan.

I hope he doesn't force choke her into submission. That is if they come face to face.

This whole Ahsoka storyline was basically just filler.

At least now it's over and we can get back to the Clone Wars.

This whole Ahsoka storyline was basically just filler.
At least now it's over and we can get back to the Clone Wars.
TCW series has never been just about the Clone Wars. Mortis, the Ventress arc, the Younglings arc, Yoda's season 6 arc, Ziro, Hando, the Zillo beast, everything involving the Mandos, Maul's arc, Chewie, etc. The series finale is going to be about an invasion of Mandalore do to Maul. Very little to do with the actual Clone Wars. But that is the final battleground of the Clone Wars series.

You definitely don't have to like these episodes, but it would be a misnomer to call them filler or say they aren't a representation of TCW as a series. TCW is full of side stories, which take deeper dives into the characters. Many far removed from the war.

Last edited:
The Clone Wars often wandered away from the war to hang out with their own characters and follow them on arcs that spent some time wandering away before they intersect with the main war again. Ventress between the Nightsisters trilogy and Dark Disciple. Maul's return. Yoda's last arc. Mortis kinda falls into this category as well. It's one of the things I've always quite liked about the series and I'm glad it was still present in the final season, even if the arc wasn't perfect.

TCW series has never been just about the Clone Wars. Mortis, the Ventress arc, the Younglings arc, Yoda's season 6 arc, Ziro, Hando, the Zillo beast, everything involving the Mandos, Maul's arc, Chewie, etc. The series finale is going to be about an invasion of Mandalore do to Maul. Very little to do with the actual Clone Wars. But that is the final battleground of the Clone Wars series.

You definitely don't have to like these episodes, but it would be a misnomer to call them filler or say they aren't a representation of TCW as a series. TCW is full of side stories, which take deeper dives into the characters. Many far removed from the war.

These episodes were not very good. The writing and characters were very flat, not to mention repetitive.

All very true, but this is the last season. A season that was cut from 20 episodes to 12 episodes. Dedicating this many episodes to Ahsoka's Adventures in Babysitting Two Dumbasses was a big time waster. They should have kept the Utapau arc instead. At least it was a major separatist operation relating to the death star.

These episodes were not very good. The writing and characters were very flat, not to mention repetitive.
That's fine. I don't disagree, though I think I liked it better then you did. But my point was this wasn't odd for TCW. I am a fan of the show. Have been since day 1. But I do think there is a rose tinted view of the show on a whole. There is a lot of not great stuff on the show, and a lot worse arcs then this one. Which I felt was weak in terms of content, but not nearly the drag stuff like Mon Cal or others arcs have been.

All very true, but this is the last season. A season that was cut from 20 episodes to 12 episodes. Dedicating this many episodes to Ahsoka's Adventures in Babysitting Two Dumbasses was a big time waster. They should have kept the Utapau arc instead. At least it was a major separatist operation relating to the death star.
I think what they wanted was to show Ahsoka on her own, before she returned for the final battle. And this was the story they had. I would have preferred the Boba or Ventress arc a lot more, but I get why they picked this one.

That's fine. I don't disagree, though I think I liked it better then you did. But my point was this wasn't odd for TCW. I am a fan of the show. Have been since day 1. But I do think there is a rose tinted view of the show on a whole. There is a lot of not great stuff on the show, and a lot worse arcs then this one. Which I felt was weak in terms of content, but not nearly the drag stuff like Mon Cal or others arcs have been.

This is generally why I prefer Rebels, which was not without its flaws. Generally, I found Rebels to be tighter and leaner, other than Season 3 where there was a lot of setups and introductions, but not much action. Also, a smaller set of characters. It was generally one ragtag group with few deviations. But overall, I think Rebels was able to avoid the obvious traps of Clone Wars.

With Clone Wars, you have all these different character sets, and not all of them are interesting or you care about that much.

Also, Rebels just felt more like the classic trilogy. Clone Wars was still rooted in the flaws of the prequel trilogy and enabling all the bad decisions George Lucas made, such as SIFO DYAS.

This is generally why I prefer Rebels, which was not without its flaws. Generally, I found Rebels to be tighter and leaner, other than Season 3 where there was a lot of setups and introductions, but not much action. Also, a smaller set of characters. It was generally one ragtag group with few deviations. But overall, I think Rebels was able to avoid the obvious traps of Clone Wars.

With Clone Wars, you have all these different character sets, and not all of them are interesting or you care about that much.

Also, Rebels just felt more like the classic trilogy. Clone Wars was still rooted in the flaws of the prequel trilogy and enabling all the bad decisions George Lucas made, such as SIFO DYAS.
I think TCW as a big concept show, is definitely a bigger idea then Rebels. But like you, I prefer Rebels. I think at it's height, TCW is some of the best Star Wars ever. Especially when it narrows its focus to major characters like Anakin, Ventress, and Maul. By its very nature though, it is all over the place. Rebels has that natural focus, as we are with the Ghost crew the entire time.

I am just happy I lived in a world, where I got both. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"