The Mandalorian Chapter One Spoiler Discussion

There is so much good in this premiere it's an old Western vibe with fanasty . I love the into that Star wars title starting with Vader was badass.

The character of the Mandalorian is a badass its the best of Boba fett , mixed with a bit of cockiness ala Han Solo .

I can't wait to explore more of the guild bounty hunters its got a john wick type of feel to it.

Dave Filoni you magnificent genius I'm thrilled you get to put your talents and passion for Star Wars into a live action production the incredible work you accomplished in animation with The Clone Wars & Rebels is astonishing and I can tell that you are defiantly carrying that same drive of excellence with this project.

Jon Favreau you done it again. First with Iron Man in the MCU. Now with Star Wars, I'm convinced that when Kevin Feige does his Star Wars film you will be involved for sure.

I enjoyed the pilot. A fun and straight forward episode.

So I just bought Disney + and watched the first episode, and here's my thoughts.

cool intro with the bar fight and the fakeout with what he wants with Blue Man.

I liked all the callbacks and Easter Eggs, like several familiar droids, and people frozen in carbonite, and Salacious Crumb (or same species at least), and did everyone else notice the informant from A New Hope? Long snout dude who hooked him up with a speeder at the beginning led the Stormtroopers to the Millennium Falcon in Mos Eisley in A New Hope.

Apart from callbacks and such, I liked how minimalist and ambiguous it is so far. And how Mando isn't infallible or perfect. He has moments like the bar scene at the beginning that make him look super cool and bad-ass, but he's also got fumbling moments like trying to learn how to ride the whatever-it-is, and needing the bounty droid's help in the shootout with the mercenaries. For as much of a rep as he supposedly has, he feels almost slightly green, anyone else feel that way?

AND ZOMG BABY YODA, he is to be defended at all costs

I liked all the callbacks and Easter Eggs, like several familiar droids, and people frozen in carbonite, and Salacious Crumb (or same species at least), and did everyone else notice the informant from A New Hope? Long snout dude who hooked him up with a speeder at the beginning led the Stormtroopers to the Millennium Falcon in Mos Eisley in A New Hope.

Impossible to say at this point that it was the same guy, but just like with Rotisserie Salacious Crumb he was definitely the same species.

Just started this in the UK, one episode in and I’m hooked already.
Same as me haha. We had to wait so long for Disney + so it’s great to finally catch up.

It is indeed my friend, hopefully we season 2 at the same time as everyone else.
Hello mate. I’ve watched the first 3 episodes and cant find the newer ones. Just checking if you had any issue with that - asking you as you’re a fellow U.K. guy. :cwink:

Hello mate. I’ve watched the first 3 episodes and cant find the newer ones. Just checking if you had any issue with that - asking you as you’re a fellow U.K. guy. :cwink:

They are releasing them weekly I believe instead of all at once, so only 3 episodes are available at this point. I may wait until they are all out and then binge, but may have enjoyed this too much so far to wait.

They are releasing them weekly I believe instead of all at once, so only 3 episodes are available at this point. I may wait until they are all out and then binge, but may have enjoyed this too much so far to wait.
Thanks for that. I thought I might be looking at it wrong given that they’ve all been made already. That sucks but good to know, cheers.

At this time 2 years ago, many of us were still trying and failing to get onto Disney+ to watch this for the first time. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"