Iron Man TOM CRUISE still in IRON MAN?

emi

Civilian
Reaction score
From Cinescape website:

Scooper Shan wrote me today from the Comic Con with a scoop regarding the possibility of Tom Cruise still being involved in IRON MAN.

Shan wrote:

Hey Guys,

I was at Comic Con on Saturday for the MARVEL Panel. I might even have a scoop for you that WASN'T announced from anyone on the panel. I sat a row behind two of the guys from Paramount - I knew they were from Paramount because they had call sheets, or itineraries of the panel, with Paramount logos all over them and kept mentioning 'the time''.

There was a woman too - and they were talking amongst themselves once the IRON MAN stuff got underway. All I heard was this "I believe Tom Cruise has got it in the bag, yeah". That's what one of them said to the other. I swear. I remember Cruise rumors a few years back about this, but didn't know he still in the mix? I don't know how much these people would know, but I think it's still very interesting nonetheless.

Shan.

Well there you have it! Could Cruise still be involved? If it means anything, Shan is a constant scooper for Cinescape, and not just a random bird flying around my apartment!

Favreau has said that he is looking for a relative unknown for the part, but time will tell. Thanks Shan for the heads up!

Well, thats interesting, I will not say yeah or nay, I wouldn't be surprised if Cruise got the role, remember, he was talked to by New Line for the role when they had it and Nick Cassavetes was directer, he walked away saying he didn't like the direction in was going, but didn't say he would never do it, obviuosly it all fell apart with New Line and is now with Marvel and Paramount, Cruise has always said he wants the role and would love to play Tony Stark, will he, hard to say and I'll reserve judgement until something more concret is said.

Ironman24 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Cruise got the role

Yeah, agreed, actually I don't buy the "unknown actor casting": Favreau already tricked us with the Mandarin.

I thought that they're looking for an unknown. :confused: I do like Cruise for the role though.

Favreau is witty, so I wouldn't be surprised. Tom hasn't committed to his next project, so anything's possible. Not mentioning it on main until we get more solid word though.

Superhero Hype! said:
Tom hasn't committed to his next project

Exactly, it's the first time that Cruise still hasn't committed to his next movie...rather suspecting...

I think it would be unwise to pick Cruise, because there is a growing backlash against his behaviour and wacky beliefs. That could affect the box office performance of Iron Man.

hmmmm this is interesting...i'd love cruise if the ever so tricky fraveau could keep the tabloid stuff on the d/l...he'd instantly bring a bigger budget

but is his schedule really that open? he's done with the mission impossible movies, and i'm sure is looking for a new franchise, but imdb says's he's got 2 in 07 and one in 08?

if he made stark a super alcoholic/withdrawn man in the sequels, then that's were cruise really shines, not playing the normal squeaky-clean protagonist rolls he usually does (see: collateral, last samura and vanilla sky)

Superhero Hype! said:
Favreau is witty, so I wouldn't be surprised. Tom hasn't committed to his next project, so anything's possible. Not mentioning it on main until we get more solid word though.

Thats the right thing to do, until some like Varity or Entertainment weekly says something or even Marvel, right now its what a fan says he over heard at comic con, hard to confirm that.

If he does get the job please no freaking close ups of him smiling. Try acting Tom like you did in MI:3 which was good. None of that WOTW garbage.

I'd imagine they'd want an unknown instead of a huge celebrity would would rob the movie of character buy-in, not to mention so much money going to the actor as opposed to SFX, costume, etc.

lordofthenerds said:
I thought that they're looking for an unknown. :confused: I do like Cruise for the role though.

He isn't looking for an unknown. It was misquoted. Favreau wants someone with experience. But at the same time, a low profile to the general public. Even though he's said before that whoever he finds, and thinks can portray Stark, the way he's bringing him on screen, he'll cast. Well known or not.

Tom Cruise is too busy pretending to have a baby.

Advanced Dark said:
If he does get the job please no freaking close ups of him smiling. Try acting Tom like you did in MI:3 which was good. None of that WOTW garbage.

Uhm, I would blame that on the director, no?

IF (keyword IF) this has ANY truth to it, you won't hear an announcement until Cruise/Wagner Productions extends its deal with Paramount, me thinks.

Superhero Hype! said:
Uhm, I would blame that on the director, no?

Pretty much all the directors of his films do that. I think Tom has some clause in his contract that says we have to see him smile at least 400 times per film while shooting a close up of his mouth, and another clause that states there must be a Scientology tent on the studio lot during produciton.

Part 2 is a fact.

I dunno.....I think Cruise might not be the right choice. There's alot of controversy surrounding him, and dealing with that might be hard for the a new franchise. Plus, there's no gurantee that his plate would be clean for future films.

I mean, think about it....the guys is usually very busy, filming huge flicks, so....I dunno.

Plus, he's too old. Isn't Cruise in his 40's?

40's isn't too old really and Cruise could pass off as someone in his 30's. The biggest problem is his expense and dealing with his schedule for the sequels. He'll be raping a big % of the gross and nobody wants that.

Erik Davis said:
Tom Cruise is Iron Man ... Again?

Posted Jul 25th 2006 4:01PM by Erik Davis
Filed under: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Casting, Paramount, RumorMonger, Fandom, DIY/Filmmaking, Tom Cruise, Comic/Superhero/Geek
ironman.jpg
That's right folks, the rumor rabbits are at it again. Even though director Jon Favreau has stated Tom Cruise is and will not be in the running for the lead role in Iron Man, word leaking out of Comic-Con suggests that might not be the case. According to Cinescape via one of their top secret Comic-Con scoopers, the news leaked out of Saturday's Marvel Panel. Mind you, not from anyone on the actual panel -- oh no, the scooper overheard the information from the three Paramount suits seated in front of him.
What did he hear? Well, as the panel was discussing Iron Man, one of the three suits said, "I believe Tom Cruise has got it in the bag." Interesting. What is this bag? Where did it come from? Is it brown? Green? Silver? And what exactly does Tom Cruise have in it? Perhaps the scooper, instead, heard a word that rhymed with 'bag'. Honestly, that would make a lot more sense. So, what's the deal here? Is Tom Cruise really back in the mix? It makes sense to include the star seeing as Marvel is self-financing the flick. An unknown Iron Man could equal a box office disaster. However, throw Tom Cruise in there and you're guaranteed to bring home the bacon. I guess we shall wait and see ...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Good God.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The last thing we need is that crazy ego maniac and all his scientologist baggage. Why won't this rumor stay dead? Didn't MI3's box office prove that America has grown tired of this psycho and his antics? Why not cast Saddam instead? He's got the mustache and he's got nothing better to do before his execution date is finally set.

That's not even a bad joke judging by this poll that states that Cruise is less desirable then Saddam Hussein.

http://www.thesuperficial.com/2006/03/10/tom_cruise_less_desirable_than.html

JUST SAY NO ... to Tom Cruise. (I sound like Katie's dad don't I?)

Yeah, if they want somebody that is bankable this idiot is not the way to go. I'm willing to go out on a limb here and trust Favreau until we see something Singer-esque from him though. The teaser poster is inspiring so until further notice this is on my must see list.

Tom Cruise needs to just go hang out with Xenu and get it over with. He drives me crazy. If he is Iorn Man then I will not see the film.

YJ1 said:
Good God.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The last thing we need is that crazy ego maniac and all his scientologist baggage. Why won't this rumor stay dead? Didn't MI3's box office prove that America has grown tired of this psycho and his antics? Why not cast Saddam instead? He's got the mustache and he's got nothing better to do before his execution date is finally set.

That's not even a bad joke judging by this poll that states that Cruise is less desirable then Saddam Hussein.

http://www.thesuperficial.com/2006/03/10/tom_cruise_less_desirable_than.html

JUST SAY NO ... to Tom Cruise. (I sound like Katie's dad don't I?)

dude, you linked to thesuperficial, which in turn was referencing a STUFF MAGAZINE poll...that's some pulitzer stuff right there ;)

yes the scientology baggage is bad, BUT MI3 was still the best of the series, and cruise (99% of the time) makes good movies. he still has quite a succesful track record for budgets, quality, and box office. i'd rather have a good movie with tom cruise, than a mediocre one with an unknown.

although if fraveau can find somebody who looks the part and can act it, then more power to him. but its no secret that stark has been drawn eerily similar to cruise in the past couple of years

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"