Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by Godzilla2000, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. American Maid

American Maid Well-Known Member

Okay, I had to log in to say: that's AWESOME!! :woot: I wish I had dreams like that. That was fun.

I especially like, "Imbeciles of Earth!" hee hee Nice touch.

BTW, Clark Gregg had said his idea for Coulson coming back would be as Vision. So you could throw that in there too.

I suppose I should say something about Loki, to keep up appearances: <ahem> "Too bad Loki hasn't appeared yet!" (Of course, that would imply you dreamed about Loki . . . :oldrazz:)

2. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

yeah, IF Coulson does end up coming back as a vision, I would hope Ultron would have something to do with it

3. Godzilla2000

Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

Why are we talking about Not Tom Hiddleston in here?

4. elizah72

elizah72 Well-Known Member

Yeah, because this is NOT the "NOT the Tom Hiddleston/Loki Thread" :p

I find this amusing, the inside joke with Hiddlestoners being that the man actually only owns like 5 shirts, the red checked shirt being one of them. :doh: LOL There's a UNICEF Donation game thing that has this on it...:yay:
    http://hiddlestondonationgame.zohosites.com/

[​IMG]

also, I believe I see beard coming along. :)

what I don't understand about that new Loki rumor (not really a big spoiler but I'll put in spoiler tags anyway. :whatever: )

The rumor from IMDB about Loki sporting a beard in prison, why some Hiddles fans really like him in a beard and yet if it's suggested Loki might have one and they get all up in arms. I mean, it's quite odd. lol. I for one hope it's true as that's one more point supporting my theory that he's actually half frost giant. ;) but I guess we won't now for sure until we get a trailer or some pictures!

jaqua99, interesting, I would have thought your dream would involve Sif and Darcy in bikinis ;) should have given you more credit, my friend. :oldrazz:

5. jaqua99

lol hypocrits, I am sure they are doing with what they think is best for Loki regarding character development and plot, pleasing Tom's fangirl's probably isn't their TOP priority lol

6. elizah72

really it's a pretty shallow appreciation for the character and actor I think, that *That* is what some people focus on and worry about, of all things. :csad: I mean... there are much more interesting things going on with him and other characters than to worry about that.

and really it makes sense for the character if that's true because

If he's really acting all maniacal and crazy in prison then the Asgardians are not too likely to allow him use of a sharp object to shave himself. :wow: Although that being said I think that as soon as he gets out the beard will be gone and he'll be cleaned up. I am a bit worried about more unexplainable braids as we see with Thor's new look though, (me being shallow too, I guess lol :p But I mean really, when the hell do you have time for someone to braid your hair, Thor?! :huh: This must be explained!)

but back again to my Loki's half Frost Giant theory, I hope it's true and I really want someone in Thor 2 to notice the beard and be like, "heyyy, wait a minute! None of the Frost Giants have beards or hair anywhere on their bodies. What is up with that?" that would make me :D

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  7. jaqua99

If anything, I would prefer Thor to be clean shaved, as he classically is

8. Godzilla2000

I think Tom may be growing out facial hair for his next movie role. That and I don't think that in Guinea where he's staying there are very many full toiletry areas for optimum shaving opportunities.

9. elizah72

10. Godzilla2000

"...a signal lesson that pain is a constant, and must not be yielded to." Wow...these are very profound words Tom has typed! It's scary to me that such a vision of femininity could exist, but I think that more or less encompasses a lot of cultures around the world, some countries more blatantly practicing it than others. I don't understand where the acceptance of the subjugation of the female population comes from but to go as far as physically putting women through pain to remind them of how women must bear both mental and physical agony is pretty jarring.

11. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Heck no, having a beard clearly suits Hemsworth's "Thor look" the best.

12. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Yes, I kinda wished it woulda translated into the comics. The MCU Thor's look is the best look of Thor compared to any version IMO.

13. jaqua99

I agree that the beard suits him the best. But I mean, in general, I prefer Thor to be clean shaved

14. American Maid

I thought Thor looked pretty good with a beard at the end of the Simonson run.

I don't know if Loki has ever had a beard in the books. But if he does in the movie, I'm sure it will look fine.

15. Godzilla2000

I'm thinking that Loki will not have any facial hair in the movie. Remember, they've already finished filming and Tom was pretty clean shaven. It's just that he has been living in Guinea for the past few days and probably hasn't shaven in that amount of time. And by God he looks good with or without facial hair.

But what I really wanted to type about is how much of the real Tom Hiddleston we're seeing with these blogs he's been posting. There are no pretenses here, no image to uphold. He's been showing real, genuine compassion, not faked out, misleading, insincere empathy meant to make those in need more pliable to manipulations. He's not doing this to get anything financially or career wise out of this. It's apparent that he's helping UNICEF because he feels strongly that helping the less fortunate is what he can parlay his fame into accomplishing. Like I said Tom is using this holiday to actually do some good in the world which is more than I can say for a lot of celebrities here in the States and abroad. How many of them would do exactly what Tom is doing right now, living the same way the people he's trying to help live, devoid of technological devices like iPhones or creature comforts besides the admiration and gratitude of those he meets? This trip he's undertaken has made me respect Tom as a person a lot more.
    I mentioned that as a viable idea in the Avengers forums not too soon after the movie opened.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  16. jaqua99

nah, I personally don't think any Loki works with fascial hair

17. elizah72

not that I don't like the idea, but just an fyi as of Oct 13

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/13/clark-gregg-shield-agent-coulson-joss-whedon_n_1964090.html

"fascial" hair? What sort of hair is that? :p

oh, I don't know I think it could work. ;)

[​IMG]

18. elizah72

19. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

20. jaqua99

21. American Maid

I think if Loki were imprisoned for some period of time, his hair and whiskers might grow out. The same might be true if he has, to use the terms of the Italian report, descended into madness. (If great powers are out to get you, or if nothing matters whatsoever, then how important is it, really, to shave?) Maybe we might think it's not a good look for him, but it would make sense for the story. Then later, if he's doing better, he might get cleaned up and be back to his old self (for better and for worse).

22. Godzilla2000

Pardon my language buuuuut....
    [​IMG]
    ....God damn it Tom, stop doing this to me. I won't be astonished if he adopts a Guinean orphan in the future.

23. elizah72

As compassionate as Tom is towards the characters he plays (see video below), one can imagine how compassionate he is with these people and what they are suffering.

[YT]U94cuE4f77g[/YT]

24. Godzilla2000

Elizah you are just prolonging my obsession...>_<

25. elizah72

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.