Homecoming Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

You don't need things to happen to them. Ideally you should build up their characyers beyond a shallow cliche so we care about what does happen to them. But I understand this film had many spinning plates to balance (successfully for the most part).

Personality wise, he seemed pretty spot on to me. He probably had the most screen time of any of the flash's, and I'm pretty sure that Tony is singed on for the sequel. He was basically the Cordy to Pete's Buffy.

Flash was soo bland and forgettable and only became a nerd trying to act cool and fail soo hard his lines were cringeworthy and I don't want to see him again.

I liked this Flash. It was a nice change up from the usual white athletic bully we got in Raimi and Webb's versions

I feel like Penis Parker was a nice update from his infamous Puny Parker remarks he always was known for. These are ******* high school kids after all.

I thought Flash was freaking awesome. Classic Flash characterization, me-first, attention-****ing, insecure bully. The trophy/elevator escape scene really hit home as far as making this feel like Flash. I'm really excited to see him back in the sequel and hope they use the comic story of Spider-Man influencing him to be a better person and have Flash become a super-fan of Spidey's. I can see Holland's Peter having a lot of fun with that. :cwink:

Pointed this out in the Easter Eggs thread as well, but Flash's DJ set was listed in the music section of the credits as "FLSHDNC" (I think that was it) with a writing credit to Jon Watts and the performer listed as "Eugene Thompson." Seriously my favorite reference in the entire film, which is saying quite a bit.

I feel like Penis Parker was a nice update from his infamous Puny Parker remarks he always was known for. These are ******* high school kids after all.

On the one hand, I really wanted to hear the classic "Puny Parker" but on the other... this is some real-life **** that I could easily see some of my high school friends and myself saying lol. I'm cool with it.

1) I thought Flash was freaking awesome. Classic Flash characterization, me-first, attention-****ing, insecure bully. The trophy/elevator escape scene really hit home as far as making this feel like Flash. I'm really excited to see him back in the sequel and hope they use the comic story of Spider-Man influencing him to be a better person and have Flash become a super-fan of Spidey's. I can see Holland's Peter having a lot of fun with that. :cwink:

Pointed this out in the Easter Eggs thread as well, but Flash's DJ set was listed in the music section of the credits as "FLSHDNC" (I think that was it) with a writing credit to Jon Watts and the performer listed as "Eugene Thompson." Seriously my favorite reference in the entire film, which is saying quite a bit.

2) On the one hand, I really wanted to hear the classic "Puny Parker" but on the other... this is some real-life **** that I could easily see some of my high school friends and myself saying lol. I'm cool with it.

Funny thing about Flash when Spidey commandeered his car, Flash told him that was his Dad's car, and then I saw the license plate 'FLASHDRV" which indicated to me that he was lying to Spider-Man lol.

And as for the 'Puny' Parker line - while it would have been awesome to hear him say that, I don't think it feels right seeing that Revolori isn't a big jock-like bully to tower over Peter but like you, I'm fine with that.

I loved Revolori's take on Flash. Not only did we get more emphasis on the character, his constant putdowns on Peter and yes, the trophy scene are all of what I've been wanting to see of the character. But yes, haters gotta hate. :p

I still wish Revolori had been cast as Harry instead, but he did a great job as Flash. As other people mentioned, the trophy scene was the highlight. I definitely want to see more of him and a solid character arc in the future films.

Something to consider is that, as loathable as they've successfully made Flash now? Imagine if a couple movies down the road, they go with a subplot of "Flash realizes how much of an immature *****e he used to be, and tries to act like a decent person"? After all, sure, he's an unlikable *****e. But. . . he's unlikable in the way that comes from immaturity, and he *might* grow out of. Making a point that even the guy you hate is just another flawed teenager making mistakes would be thematically relevant.

This was probably one of my biggest question marks of the film

but the dude was great and turned out to be one of my favorite characters of the film

Something to consider is that, as loathable as they've successfully made Flash now? Imagine if a couple movies down the road, they go with a subplot of "Flash realizes how much of an immature *****e he used to be, and tries to act like a decent person"? After all, sure, he's an unlikable *****e. But. . . he's unlikable in the way that comes from immaturity, and he *might* grow out of. Making a point that even the guy you hate is just another flawed teenager making mistakes would be thematically relevant.

Exactly what I was trying to say here:

I'm really excited to see him back in the sequel and hope they use the comic story of Spider-Man influencing him to be a better person and have Flash become a super-fan of Spidey's. I can see Holland's Peter having a lot of fun with that. :cwink:

:woot:

I was iffy on the casting and portrayal of the character as Flash is your typical jock, but I really liked what they did with him He's a rich brat surrounded by intelligent students, and he happens to be the least smart kid we're shown. That gives him a great reason to be the jerk that he is: he's clearly compensating for his inferiority and sees meek Peter as the perfect target to best prop himself above: if he shows people how sad Parker is, they won't notice or care that he's "dumb". It gives him some dimension and believability as well as a clearer path to grow from.

mOFic2M.jpg

I freaking LOVE this.

Ha, I missed that.

Ha, I missed that.

I honestly think this is my favorite reference in the whole movie. It's such a deep cut that only real spider-fans would get PLUS it's buried in the credits where only someone who really cares about the world and the movie would catch it. It's perfect for nerds like us on the Hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"