Homecoming Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

Look, a Spidey film will not be over-run by unnecessary side characters with powers.

Feige will have fun with that in Inhumans. If anything, Feige has always been committed to portraying the best ever Peter Parker, and he won't let all the clutter of other superheroes being introduced distract from it.

It'll just be Peter with his NORMAL friends. And Iron Man will pop up.

This isn't Professor X's school.

SHIELD doesn't really exist within the films of the MCU anymore

200w.gif

Look, a Spidey film will not be over-run by unnecessary side characters with powers.

Feige will have fun with that in Inhumans. If anything, Feige has always been committed to portraying the best ever Peter Parker, and he won't let all the clutter of other superheroes being introduced distract from it.

Of course not. Think War Machine and Black Widow. Spidey adds 2-3 sidekicks by part 2 and 3. This sets up your Young Avengers. Phase IV basically culminates with Sinister Six. I think that is Marvel's most lucrative option if indeed the main Avengers take a respite. I'll be shocked if any of the main players return after IW part II.

Once they get FF4 back, you can do a separate Phase for them, with returning big guns like Black Panther and Dr. Strange.

This. :up:

Of course not. Think War Machine and Black Widow. Spidey adds 2-3 sidekicks by part 2 and 3. This sets up your Young Avengers. Phase IV basically culminates with Sinister Six. I think that is Marvel's most lucrative option if indeed the main Avengers take a respite. I'll be shocked if any of the main players return after IW part II.

Once they get FF4 back, you can do a separate Phase for them, with returning big guns like Black Panther and Dr. Strange.
Why would Black Panther and Doctor Strange suddenly disappear from Phase 4 and not come back until the Fantastic Four return? Feige said the Phase 1 heroes will be taking a backseat not Phase 2/3. Both Panther and Strange along with Cap Marvel and Ant-Man/Wasp are the ones being set up as Phase 4 heroes not Young Avengers.

Funny, I don't see Captain America's fans complaining that Spider-Man is getting his first appearance in the MCU in his film.

And it's not like the Inhumans is happening anytime soon, so having the Midtown High School with some of them seems like a great idea to me. Having Peter cross paths with other heroes is something I want to keep seeing both in his solo films AND other MCU films. I'd love to see Spidey spear-heading the new generation of MCU heroes, and having them starting as youngsters is simply something we haven't seen before.

Why would Black Panther and Doctor Strange suddenly disappear from Phase 4 and not come back until F4? Feige said the Phase 1 heroes will be taking a backseat not Phase 2/3. Both Panther and Strange along with Cap Marvel and Ant-Man/Wasp are the ones being set up as Phase 4 heroes not Young Avengers.

I should clarify... you can do both in tandem, they wouldn't be absent. But I do feel Spidey is the flagship and Young Avengers is a logical climax... for his solo series. I see three solo movies featuring Holland (in addition to roles in Civil War and Infinity War) with the last solo being a Young Avengers or Avengers lite.

I expect Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, BP, and Ms. Marvel to get more solo movies after IW if they get good reception and box office proceeds.

Do I expect a full blown Avengers 4 in 2022/23 or something? I think it's too early to say. If they add FF by then then maybe. I read they didn't even have the rights to Kang somewhere. Right now I'm having a hard time mapping out PIV, but it's way too early and a lot can change.

Spidey and friends versus the Sinister Six can absolutely carry a phase or at least a self contained phase. No doubt in mind this is what Sony/Marvel is going for.

I should clarify... you can do both in tandem, they wouldn't be absent. But I do feel Spidey is the flagship and Young Avengers is a logical climax... for his solo series. I see three solo movies featuring Holland (in addition to roles in Civil War and Infinity War) with the last solo being a Young Avengers.

I expect Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, BP, and Ms. Marvel to get more solo movies after IW if they get good reception and box office proceeds.

Do I expect a full blown Avengers 4 in 2022/23 or something? I think it's too early to say. If they add FF by then then maybe. I read they didn't even have the rights to Kang. Right now I'm having a hard time mapping out PIV, but it's way too early and a lot can change.

Spidey and friends versus the Sinister Six can absolutely carry a phase or at least a self contained phase. No doubt in mind this is what Sony/Marvel is going for.

Also, it makes sense that Marvel would use the opportunity to get their own young superheroes ready for a team up film. I love the name NEW WARRIORS more than NEW AVENGERS or YOUNG AVENGERS, but I totally can see the appeal of the latter two. Can you imagine them going against the Sinister Six and eventually facing the Runaways as well? I just love the prospect of new characters showing up in the MCU, and I feel starts now in Phase 3 and blows up in Phase 4.

Also, it makes sense that Marvel would use the opportunity to get their own young superheroes ready for a team up film. I love the name NEW WARRIORS more than NEW AVENGERS or YOUNG AVENGERS, but I totally can see the appeal of the latter two. Can you imagine them going against the Sinister Six and eventually facing the Runaways as well? I just love the prospect of new characters showing up in the MCU, and I feel starts now in Phase 3 and blows up in Phase 4.

Exactly, but to quell Harryoscop's fears, Sony and Marvel needs counter programming to this juggernaut in 2017:

[YT]q0YkXmebAGM[/YT]

Fine, just leave Spidey's movies the hell alone and do the Young Avengers thing somewhere else.

Save the other young heroes for a New Warriors or Avengers Acadamy movie in Phase 4. We don't need Peter's life crowded with them.

Fine, just leave Spidey's movies the hell alone and do the Young Avengers thing somewhere else.

Yeah that's not happening. The point of that series is Spidey will be leading the team.

Some fans just can't do it both ways. A Batman purist would have said back in 09 that "I never cared for Batman in the JL." To those people I say stick with the Nolan films. To you, I say stick with Raimi/Webb.

I respect that, but that's unfortunately not whats going to pay the bills in the new franchise spawning world building these studios are going for today.

Agree. Sony and Marvel will not complicate things. The public have got to accept another Spider-Man reboot without having a group of teen heroes around him they have never met before - never mind the fact it would just seem too hard to swallow that they all go to the same school. We dont need another Sky High. I expect we may see Iron Man and Falcon make appearance but that will be it as far as more superheroes are concerned.

Agree. Sony and Marvel will not complicate things. The public have got to accept another Spider-Man reboot without having a group of teen heroes around him they have never met before - never mind the fact it would just seem too hard to swallow that they all go to the same school. We dont need another Sky High. I expect we may see Iron Man and Falcon make appearance but that will be it as far as more superheroes are concerned.

So it works when Cap, Iron Man, and Thor all have formidable sidekicks in solo ventures, but not Spidey? I get that he doesn't have an ICONIC sidekick, but to me, it just stems from the elitist attitude that Spiderman, like Batman/Supes, are too big by themselves to have super friends water them down. Same people that never want to see Robin and Catwoman, or Superman with... well, I'm in the camp that Supes is too big to have super friends in solo films.

So I get that attitude. I'm just pointing out, it hasn't worked for three straight Spidey films. Sometimes, you need to make a change.

Last edited:
Yeah that's not happening. The point of that series is Spidey will be leading the team.

Some fans just can't do it both ways. A Batman purist would have said back in 09 that "I never cared for Batman in the JL." To those people I say stick with the Nolan films. To you, I say stick with Raimi/Webb.

I respect that, but that's unfortunately not whats going to pay the bills in the new franchise spawning world building these studios are going for today.

Couldn't have said better myself. People thinking that Marvel will just do Peter's "normal" friends and keep it fresh by having a diverse cast are in to a rude awakening. Hardcore fans want this to be predictable and familiar, and while I feel that there will be MJ, Gwen, Harry and Flash, if not now but down the road, Marvel simply won't do the same storylines all over again, they need new characters to keep things fresh, and I feel that the hardcores will be swayed by the time the first teaser happens by the end of the year, probably with the Rogue One film.

Like Tilapia said, the "old formula" for Spider-Man films is gone, ladies and gentlemen. What we'll get is a fresh take, and featuring other youngsters that end up to be a part of the larger MCU seems to be a logical progression of shaking things up in Spidey's world, and at same time keeping the character true to his core like never before.

Last edited:
As an aside, does White Tiger tie in with BP? I haven't watched cartoons in a decade.

As an aside, does White Tiger tie in with BP? I haven't watched cartoons in a decade.

Nope. She's just another teenage hero, gets her powers from a magical amulet that occasionally tries to possess her.

There was a version of White Tiger that use to be the second(?) Black Panther. But the one everyone thinks named Ava has nothing to do with BP

The reports say he's playing a character named "Manuel", not "Samuel".

Just let Talion have another one of his conspiracy theories for the next few months to keep him happy. It will eventually pass... until the next one. :o

He's Flash. It's the only thing that makes sense.

He looks too weedy to be Flash. I don't want a version of Flash who just psychologically torments Peter using nerdy methods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"