Too Much Confidence

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
I know it's good to have confidence in yourself but how much is too much, to the point when it becomes cockiness; in other words, when does confidence become all around narcissism?

When it starts having a negative affect on others or yourself.

case closed.

05-24-06_eBayMirror-726248.jpg

When your singing causes every dog within three blocks starts to bleed from the ears, and you still audition from Amreican Idol.

And then get pissed off at the judges when they tell you no.

....as a Martial Artist, and the stance most of us have on over confidence
Over Confidence can lead to arrogance which can lead to defeat.

As for other types of situations it just makes you look like and self absobed ******* and it will eventualy effect others and youself.

I know it's good to have confidence in yourself but how much is too much, to the point when it becomes cockiness; in other words, when does confidence become all around narcissism?
I can bed anyone here. That's not confidence, that's fact. :huh:

When your singing causes every dog within three blocks starts to bleed from the ears, and you still audition from American Idol.

And then get pissed off at the judges when they tell you no.

Those people are all just wannabe character actors looking to get on TV for a few minutes. It's a total scam.

No she said.

Mmmm, uhhh, hmnnn, let me go.

:up:

As hard as I'm concerned, over confidence is hubris.

You'll know when your overly confidant, it just becomes and an annoyance and peeves some people.

test it out, try to notice peoples facial expression to the reaction of your "over confidence"

From what ive seen, most people look around or roll their eyes.

Those people are all just wannabe character actors looking to get on TV for a few minutes. It's a total scam.
For the most part. But I'm sure there are serious auditions who don't realize they couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

Not to mention overconfidence is a huge turn-off. I get knee jerk reactions when someone in my company is overconfident. It's a huge pet peeve of mine, maybe because I've been raised to always be humble.

When people are looking at you oddly/awkwardly or cut you off mid-sentence, you bet there's something wrong. And as others here have said already, you won't achieve anything with overconfidence, it'll only make you look bad in the end, like you're full of yourself. The funny thing is, I think lots of overconfident people have no reason to be so confident and that's even more irritating. :word:

Overconfidence is never a good impression people can have of you, really.

I'm confident because I 'm better than everybody else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"