Top 10 Marvel Movies of the Decade!!!

Then I believe we have found one of the few people who likes the FF movies.

Out of 28 Top Ten Votes: The List Has Changed A Bit
1. Iron Man--------8.821/10-----93% Critics-----585 Million Box Office
2. Spiderman 2----8.107/10-----94% Critics-----783 Million Box Office
3. Xmen 2---------7.071/10-----88% Critics -----407 Million Box Office
4. Spiderman------6.392/10-----90% Critics-----821 Million Box Office
5. Incredible Hulk -5.5 --/10-----66% Critics-----263 Million Box Office
6. Xmen-----------5 ----/10-----81% Critics-----296 Million Box Office
7. Blade 2---------2.178/10-----58% Critics-----155 Million Box Office
8. Daredevil-------2.142/10-----44% Critics-----179 Million Box Office
9. The Hulk--------1.678/10-----61% Critics-----245 Million Box Office
10. Spiderman 3---1.461/10-----62% Critics-----890 Million Box Office

I think this is probably a pretty fair list for all fans, and audience. We also match pretty well with the Critics. Pretty fair with box office, except certain franchises that get loads of money just because of the name. Thanks for participating.

Last edited:
Then I believe we have found one of the few people who likes the FF movies.

Fantastic Four and the Cowboys!

I've seen them in a few of the lists...

As far as the Cowboys, I've visited every state in the union, and a few foreign countries...I've found plenty of Cowboy fans in all of them...:yay:

well. fantastic four is not on the top ten lest ;). neither are the cowboys.

well. fantastic four is not on the top ten lest ;). neither are the cowboys.

They may not be on your top 10 list or the people that you posted in the OP, but they are on mine. My list, for me, trumps other lists when I'm sitting in the theater enjoying a movie. :cwink:

I thought now would be a good time for people to give their Top 10 list for Marvel Movies.
You asked, I gave my opinion. I don't remember you saying that it had to be "only those" from the list you posted...

But, hey to each his/her own, is my call. If you enjoyed your list of movies, that's all that matters...and if whatever team you choose to follow is winning, good for you.:yay:

Last edited:
I almost put FFROTSS in my list, I think it's a pretty good FF film, well two thirds of one anyway, it's far too short, so I gave the spot to Hulk, which is a quality film, although it drags sometimes for me. But, the whole desert into the city sequence with the Hulk is up there with any superhero movie action scenes, it really blew me away that we got to see comicbook Hulk like that on the bigscreen.

You asked, I gave my opinion. I don't remember you saying that it had to be "only those" from the list you posted...

But, hey to each his/her own, is my call. If you enjoyed your list of movies, that's all that matters...and if whatever team you choose to follow is winning, good for you.:yay:

I know. I'm just being sarcastic with you.

I almost put FFROTSS in my list, I think it's a pretty good FF film, well two thirds of one anyway, it's far too short

It was a great improvement. Silver Surfer was pretty sweet. Dr. Doom got ultimate power. It was flawed, just like the first one, but the Fantastic Four movies are in my marvel collection, along with X-men, Spider-man, Hulk, Iron Man, and Daredevil. Because they are enjoyable films, and they are pretty true the comics. Not serious enough in my opinion.

The thing I will always love about the FF films is the Johnny and Ben relationship. It was SPOT ON.

I think the greatest disappointment about FF is Dr. Doom. Not his origin, or any of that stuff, I don't care that much about that. But in the comics, you have this idea that his is the greatest villain ever... He manipulates everyone to get what he wants, and they do use that in the movies, but I think it's just not good enough. Idk if the expectation from the character in the comics can be established on film...

Doom should be more like Darth Vader rather than Dr Evil. That is the problem with Doom in the films. He was too funny, well, tried to be.

Doom should be more like Darth Vader rather than Dr Evil. That is the problem with Doom in the films. He was too funny, well, tried to be.

I didn't get that from the character at all, the 'trying to be funny' part. Where I thought the character failed was that the original Doom from the books was also a genius like Richards, but was always 2nd best to Reed, so he had that resentment against him. In the movies they made out that he was just the money man, had no smarts to speak of. The comics Doom had that grand egomania because he knew he was smart, and part of the reason he was Reed's nemisis was because , as much of a genuis as he was, he could never beat Reed in that department.
Instead, what they did was give him a resentment with Reed over Sue, which lasted all of ten minutes in the plot.
Doom was fricking terrible in the movies, but he wasn't the focus of the 2nd one, that's part of the reason it was better.
edit: Actually, in the second movie they tried to make out Doom was more of a smart scientist, but it didn't really convince, they were trying to correct the mistakes of the 1st film, but at least it made the character a tiny bit better.
The main sin against Doom was that they made him like any number of smarmy villans.

edit: Yeah, Ben and Johnny were spot on, Reed was ok, and Alba was tolerable as Sue, the Surfer was great.

Last edited:
Na man, Doom coming out with wise cracks n that? He had more wise cracks than ****ing Spider-Man.

That is NOT Doom.

Doom should be like.

"Doom is not impressed"

"You challenge Doom and it will be the last thing you do"

**** like that. He talks in the third person. That is a trademark of Doom. We didn't get none of that.

And also yea you're right, there wasn't enough emphasis on Doom's jealousy and loathing of Reed. Well, not in the way that it should be. He was more pissed off that Reed got Sue, instead of Reed just being intellectually superior. Or that Reed cost him his looks. Sure he was very vein, but he wasn't terribly disfigured like in the comics.

Na man, Doom coming out with wise cracks n that? He had more wise cracks than ****ing Spider-Man.

That is NOT Doom.

Doom should be like.

"Doom is not impressed"

"You challenge Doom and it will be the last thing you do"

**** like that. He talks in the third person. That is a trademark of Doom. We didn't get none of that.

tbh, I am not sure if that kind of dialoge would work in a live action movie, but they can have the essence of the character done justice, just have him be a genius egomaniac who has a grand manner about him, and is a big snob. Something like the way Magneto was done in the X-movies.

As for the wisecracks, I would say that was more trying to be charming than being a comedian, but instead, coming off smarmy. edit: but, ok, i see what you mean, not that much difference in the definitions.

And also yea you're right, there wasn't enough emphasis on Doom's jealousy and loathing of Reed. Well, not in the way that it should be. He was more pissed off that Reed got Sue, instead of Reed just being intellectually superior. Or that Reed cost him his looks. Sure he was very vein, but he wasn't terribly disfigured like in the comics.

They did do the terribly disfigured thing in the second movie remember, just after he has been awoken again, when he is sitting in the shadows looking at the footage of the surfer you see a lumpen scarred face, it looked pretty good. In fact , i always thought that was the only scene where I felt like I was watching Doom onscreen, where he looked quite mysterious and was investigating some cosmic mystery.
But, it lasted all of 5mins before he was rejuvanated and back to being smarmy wisecrack man.

Last edited:
1. Hulk
2. Iron Man
3. Spider-Man 2
4. X-Men
5. X2
6. Spider-Man 3
7. Incredible Hulk
8. Blade
9. Daredevil Director's Cut
10. Fantastic Four Extended Cut

Out of 28 Top Ten Votes: The List Has Changed A Bit
1. Iron Man--------8.821/10-----93% Critics-----585 Million Box Office
2. Spiderman 2----8.107/10-----94% Critics-----783 Million Box Office
3. Xmen 2---------7.071/10-----88% Critics -----407 Million Box Office
4. Spiderman------6.392/10-----90% Critics-----821 Million Box Office
5. Incredible Hulk -5.5 --/10-----66% Critics-----263 Million Box Office
6. Xmen-----------5 ----/10-----81% Critics-----296 Million Box Office
7. Blade 2---------2.178/10-----58% Critics-----155 Million Box Office
8. Daredevil-------2.142/10-----44% Critics-----179 Million Box Office
9. The Hulk--------1.678/10-----61% Critics-----245 Million Box Office
10. Spiderman 3---1.461/10-----62% Critics-----890 Million Box Office

I think this is probably a pretty fair list for all fans, and audience. We also match pretty well with the Critics. Pretty fair with box office, except certain franchises that get loads of money just because of the name. Thanks for participating.

Ironman above Spiderman 2?:whatever:

You Guys are kidding right?
I´m not the biggest Raimi Fan but Spiderman 2 is by far the best Marvel Movie to date.

I´m not the biggest Raimi Fan but Spiderman 2 is by far the best Marvel Movie to date.

It's not even the 2nd best, and no we're not kidding. IMO of course, IM wipes it's ass with SM2 all over the place.

I think Spider-man 2 is my #1 if I remember correctly. It was #3, behind Iron Man and X2, but after rewatching it, I thought it was amazing. It has dramatic scenes, that worked, that Iron Man never had, and that study of a hero using, Peter Parker as an example, I thought was brilliant. Couple of main points.
ACTION:
The train fight was the greatest fight in any Spider-man or any Marvel Movie, that I can think of. Spider-man & Doc Ock just made amazing action, and it was well done, and looked great.
DRAMA:
Peter Parker wanting a normal life;
- Giving up the thing you want the most to be a hero; MJ.
- MJ marrying someone else.
- (maybe my favorite drama scene) was Peter having to deal with Aunt May, who was grieving and angry over her lost husband, and Peter eventually confessing to being responsible. Aunt May just leaving.
- Obviously the Daily Bugle trashing Spider-man's name for all the sacrifice he makes.
- Another great drama arc, was seeing his best friend Harry, grow in anger over thinking Spider-man killing his father, and not telling Harry because Osborn pleaded him not to.
- Giving up his mind, his grades. Struggling financially. Struggling with loneliness, isolation from the ones he loves, because he's hiding his identity.
- Losing his power. Choosing not to be Spider-man then being confronted with a guy getting beat up in the alley way, and people burning to death in a burning building, when he could have stopped it.
I MEAN COME ON. Spider-man 2 has SO many layers to it, that work, it's mind boggling. Which is why I keep it at #1, for now :).

I agree that Doctor Doom is the biggest weakness of the Fantastic Four movies. This is probably the greatest villain in all of comics, a character that instantly commands your respect; in the movies, he was a wisecracking sleazebag who Magneto or Doctor Octopus could have torn apart in a second. He wasn't necessarily the worst villain but he wasn't Doctor Doom.

As far as my top ten...

1. Spider-Man 2
2. The Hulk
3. Spider-Man 3
4. Spider-Man
5. X2: X-Men United
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Iron Man
8. X-Men: The Last Stand (a bit hesitant to put it here...but the positives of the movie are worthy enough, I think)
9. Blade 2
10. X-Men

I don't know about you guys, but I am so excited to see what Captain America and Thor will be like. I can pretty much expect Iron Man 2 to be similar to Iron Man, but Captain America is a period piece, and Thor is a whole different world. Two things that we really haven't seen in the Marvel Movies.

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys, but I am so excited to see what Captain America and Thor will be like. I can pretty much expect Iron Man 2 to be similar to Iron Man, but Captain America is a period piece, and Thor is a whole different world. Two things that we really haven't seen in the Marvel Movies.

Yes thats what I'm very interested in seeing. Also more importantly, how they tie this entire universe together with the already established 2 films.

It's hard to predict what will happen this next decade. Marvel released around 20 films last decade, more then half of them were successful not only financially, but critically. But here's what will probably be released in the next couple years.

+ New Spider-man Trilogy (if the movies are good)
+ Thor (for sure)
+ Iron Man 2 (for sure)
+ Captain America
+ Avengers (it's hard to see what will happen after this movie is released, it may actually change how movies are made)
+ Wolverine 2
+ X-men First Class
The chances of all these are very likely...sense they are being worked on right now. I have no idea what to expect after these however. It's almost a guarantee that Marvel/Paramount will make more, if Avengers is the success it seems likely to be. What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"