Top Gun 3

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
I mean, we loved Maverick. It made more money than probably anyone expected and was a great film on top of that. I think the wait between the original and Maverick ended up making this feel more special.

That said...yeah, I'll see a third Top Gun and hopefully it's as great as Maverick was. I guess Paramount is striking while the iron's hot, given how well Maverick did, and not waiting for another gap. So while I don't think we need a third Top Gun, I'd have equally said that we probably didn't need a second one, and look how that turned out.

I mean, we loved Maverick. It made more money than probably anyone expected and was a great film on top of that. I think the wait between the original and Maverick ended up making this feel more special.

That said...yeah, I'll see a third Top Gun and hopefully it's as great as Maverick was. I guess Paramount is striking while the iron's hot, given how well Maverick did, and not waiting for another gap. So while I don't think we need a third Top Gun, I'd have equally said that we probably didn't need a second one, and look how that turned out.
Agreed with this. It feels like there is no need or specific demand for another one, but who knows, maybe they can win me around again.

Hmmm. It might be difficult to recapture that magic, and Maverick felt like the perfect book-end to the original. I hope it's great, and I'm down for more glorious dogfight cinematography, but I'm unsure how they can follow up that emotionally impactful story without somehow cheapening it. And no mention of McQ has me a little concerned.

I can't see lightning striking in quite the same way as it did with Maverick but there's potential with centering the movie around Rooster, Hangman and the rest of the younger pilots. One of my only criticisms about Maverick was that we didn't see enough of them.

I can't see lightning striking in quite the same way as it did with Maverick but there's potential with centering the movie around Rooster, Hangman and the rest of the younger pilots. One of my only criticisms about Maverick was that we didn't see enough of them.
They'll probably be happy even it makes half as much as Maverick.

They'll probably be happy even it makes half as much as Maverick.
Box office-wise, it'll be fine. Whether or not it's as universally acclaimed is something I'm more curious about. As long as they keep at it with the cutting edge aerial camera work both in and out of the cockpit that'll be a good start.

I was thinking maybe Cruise will actually kill Maverick to make it eventful and emotional - but has Cruise ever died in a film?

Box office-wise, it'll be fine. Whether or not it's as universally acclaimed is something I'm more curious about. As long as they keep at it with the cutting edge aerial camera work both in and out of the cockpit that'll be a good start.
I’ll be impressed if they get anywhere close on that front too. Will be there regardless from the good will earned after Maverick though.

Interesting bc with the Cruise deal at WB, is he even allowed to work with Paramount?
He is, but the timing of this news drop certainly feels like a response to the WB deal.

It actually kind of reminds me of what Paramount did a few years back, announcing a new Star Trek with the Kelvin cast… without the cast actually knowing much of anything about it.

Because money-wise, it’s certainly justified, but story-wise… it took Cruise nearly 35 years to OK a sequel in the first place. Am I supposed to believe that they manage to have that lightning strike twice only two years later?

I was thinking maybe Cruise will actually kill Maverick to make it eventful and emotional - but has Cruise ever died in a film?

He did technically kinda die in MI:3 when he had to stop his heart to disable the bomb in his head.

I just hope they come up with a good story for this. Maverick raised the bar in a lot of ways so this 3rd movie has plenty to live up to.

I just hope they come up with a good story for this. Maverick raised the bar in a lot of ways so this 3rd movie has plenty to live up to.
I trust in Tom. There's no way he would be on board with this unless he sees it as something special. It's one of the reasons he waited so long for TG:M. He waited for the technology to develop to where it could bring his vision to reality.

Top Gun is my favorite movie to watch. I was so nervous about how TG:M was going to turn out, but man was I surprised. I still have reservations for doing another, but, like I said, if Tom is on board, then so am I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"