• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Top Gun: Maverick

Gabe99

Sidekick
Reaction score
From Collider:
TOP GUN 2 in the Works; Tom Cruise Will Return for a Small Role

From Motion Captured:
Tom Cruise is in for 'Top Gun 2,' and now Bruckheimer and Scott are, too
Drew McWeeny said:
Oh, yeah, that's right. Tom Cruise. And Tom Cruise happens to be good friends with Christopher "Valkyrie" McQuarrie, who is currently King Hot ***** because his "Wolverine 2" script is reportedly so good, and McQuarrie had an idea for how to put together a "Top Gun 2" that reflects the new reality of the military aviation industry, which is nothing like it was in 1986. David Ellison, being a giant aviation nerd in general, and a giant "Top Gun" nerd specifically, is evidently ready to pony up to make his "Top Gun 2" dreams come true.

Hit Fix Exclusive:
Tony Scott doesn't want a remake or reinvention for 'Top Gun 2' - 'Unstoppable' director confirms he's on board for the sequel

I've been fighting this kicking and screaming, as Top Gun is my favorite movie. I always thought the real story for a sequel would be an actual prequel following Duke Mitchell. Now that it seems to be coming together with the original players, I'm finding myself getting excited.

drones instead of fighter pilots I am down. Wonder if they'll get Iceman back in the fold.

Accoring to SNL, he's a commercial pilot now lol

haha just watched it... very funny, hadn't seen it before.

Please do not call this Top Gun 2. Seriously...drone pilots?

UPDATE: Jerry Bruckheimer And Paramount Ink First-Look Deal; Brett Ratner Attached To Direct ‘Beverly Hills Cop’
Paramount Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer are back in business together, with the free-agent producer and his Bruckheimer Films finalizing a three-year first-look deal with the studio that will begin in April 2014. “I have a lot more freedom than at Disney,” Bruckheimer told me today. Clearly, he’s referring to the fact that he can take projects elsewhere to develop if need be, something he couldn’t do at Disney. He also cited Paramount’s strong marketing and distribution team and said he was impressed with how well they handled the Brad Pitt zombie movie World War Z when the going got rough in the press.

he first project under the new deal, however, will be a new Beverly Hills Cop movie — a reboot of one of Bruckheimer and Paramount’s biggest successes together when he produced the original with late partner Don Simpson. Eddie Murphy closed his deal to reprise his role as Detroit cop Axel Foley — this time Foley will be returning to his Detroit roots. It will be the fourth installment of the lucrative franchise. Brett Ratner, who is currently finishing up Hercules for MGM, is attached to direct the film as soon as his duties on the Dwayne Johnson-starrer finishes up. The picture bows in July. The Beverly Hills Cop script is still being worked on.

Another big Bruckheimer-Simpson-Paramount hit in their sights: Bruckheimer as part of his deal will also produce the long-in-the-works Top Gun 2, which is being developed by Skydance Productions with Tom Cruise back in the cockpit to star.

Read more about the deal here: http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/jerry-bruckheimer-paramount-producer-deal/

I hope Tom does a lot of running in Top Gun 2.

I think Val Kilmer is the one needing to be doing a lot of running before this film..... :cwink::woot:

I dig Top Gun for what it is and from when it is. A sequel is not that interesting to me at all.

How about my vision for Top Gun remake from the "15 minutes" thread? :applaud

The story focuses on young pilot student Dave Rick who has trouble to become something of his own. His father's stardom totally overshadows him, and he lacks the same flying skills. But why even bother walking in his father's foot steps if he want to get himself a name on his own merits?
Because he's destined to be a pilot!

Dave is the funny guy at school, always cracking jokes. His grades aren't that good though.
One day, the school gets a new instructor. It's a young man called Charlie.
The thing is, Dave has never had a problem with charming the girls all the way to bed, and he switches girlfriends almost every week, or rather they break up because they can't stand him any longer because he's so full of himself.
But Dave finds Charlie to be quite attractive for being a guy. He hasn't got a problem with his new feelings though, he isn't doubting himself or anything, but can actually joke about it among the others students and say things like "Charlie is hot" and "I wonder if he's good in bed" etc.
Charlie hears about it, and finds it rather annoying, because it takes the focus off the classes. He sees Dave as a disturbance in the class and decides to take him under his wings and become his mentor, to help him with the studying and to improve his grades, and also to teach the "kid" a lesson or two about how the pilot school works, how serious a student has to be with the studies.
Soon they develop a relationship built on respect and love for each other. Dave's grades get better all the time. One evening they go to a bar together, and drink a little too much. Under the influence of alcohol, they share a kiss. One thing leads to another and the morning after they find themselves waking up in the same bed.

A member of the school board finds out about this. Charlie gets suspended and Dave is kicked out of school. It was always against the school's policy for an instructor to have a romantic relationship with a student. It doesn't help that Dave has gone from the having the worst grades to the best.

The other students protests loudly and even arrange a strike. In the end, the school's board sees no other option than to allowe both of them to come back to school.
Dave invites Charlie to fly with him during at the war combat training.
They are not only lovers now. They are also air buddies.

The End!

Last edited:
Fleming Q&As American Cinematheque Honoree Jerry Bruckheimer On 40 Years Of Hits, And A Paramount Pictures Future
MIKE FLEMING JR said:
Tonight, the 27th American Cinematheque Award honors Hollywood’s longest-running and most commercially successful producer in Jerry Bruckheimer. Over the past 40 years, Bruckheimer has been the most consistent generator of films that filled theaters, moved popcorn and displayed more onscreen explosions than anyone else. First with late partner Don Simpson and then as a solo act, Bruckheimer’s films have earned estimated worldwide revenues of $16 billion in ticket sales, video and recording revenues, and he once had 10 TV series on networks in a single season, a record that still stands. Bruckheimer has something to prove as he moves from Disney to Paramount in the wake of the disappointing returns on The Lone Ranger. Bruckheimer doesn’t relish looking back as he starts a new chapter in a storied career that will include more installments of franchises Pirates Of The Caribbean, National Treasure, Bad Boys, Beverly Hills Cop and Top Gun. But he invited Deadline to his spacious Santa Monica headquarters recently to spend an afternoon reflecting on how far the son of a Detroit suit salesman has come.

'Top Gun 2' Lands 'Jungle Book' Writer (Exclusive)

Justin Marks, the writer behind Disney’s upcoming live-action version of The Jungle Book, in negotiations to work on Top Gun 2, the sequel to the 1980s Tom Cruise classic that is being made by Paramount and Skydance.

The move will goose up the long-in-the-works sequel and comes after the recent Paramount arrival of producer Jerry Bruckheimer. After years with a studio deal at Disney, Bruckheimer moved to the Melrose Avenue-based studio lot in April.

David Ellison of Skydance is also producing. Skydance's Dana Goldberg is exec producing.

Cruise is slated to return as ace pilot Maverick in a story that aims to show the relevance of good old fashioned pilots in today’s high-tech, drone-centric war environment.

Peter Craig, the scribe who wrote Ben Affleck’s The Town, wrote the previous draft a couple of years ago. The project lost some jet fuel when Tony Scott, the director of the 1986 original and who was to direct the sequel, committed suicide in 2012.

Marks’s script for Jungle Book attracted Jon Favreau and the movie is now in production with Bill Murray, Scarlett Johansson and Idris Elba among the actors doing the voicework.

Marks previously worked with Bruckheimer when he was hired to write War Dogs, a project centered around military canines that the producer was developing for Disney.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/top-gun-2-lands-jungle-731131

‘Top Gun 2′ to Feature Maverick, Drone Warfare

c9JYQE2.jpg

The Iceman's back baby. :awesome:

Val Kilmer offered TopGun2 role http://bit.ly/1H75kuv

Val Kilmer has announced that he’s been offered a role in “Top Gun 2,” which has been in development for the past five years at Paramount.
Kilmer, who played Lt. Tom “Iceman” Kazanski opposite Tom Cruise in the original, made the announcement on his Facebook page. “I just got offered ‪#‎topgun2‬ — not often you get to say ‘yes’ without reading the script…”

A few hours after posting, Kilmer updated his Facebook post and said he had been premature in making the announcement: “This is a long way off so calm down. This has been talked about for a long long time and being offered a role is very different from doing a role. I jumped the gun with my post. I jumped the topgun… An innocent mistake. It was just such a wonderful phone call with my agent…”

With all due respect to Mr. Kilmer, I hope that they hire him a good trainer if he's going to be in this.

With all due respect to Mr. Kilmer, I hope that they hire him a good trainer if he's going to be in this.

Kilmer lost a ton of weight recently. If anything he looks like he lost almost too much weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"