Top Ten Most Popular Video Game Charaters

So you believe that Kratos is one of the top ten most popular video game characters of all time???? Because outside of the extreme Sony fanboy, you will be hard pressed to find someone who agrees. Sure, hes a badass, but more popular throughout the history of gaming than others left off the list??? That to me shows that no, this list isn't the most popular characters, but a mix of the "old school" popular with current fads. Give it 10 years, and Kratos will be in the "Honorable Mentions" sections and a new character takes his rank in that horrible excuse for a top ten list.

Just because I maintain Master Chief is one of the most popular videogame characters doesn't mean I agree with the whole list. :dry:

Just because I maintain Master Chief is one of the most popular videogame characters doesn't mean I agree with the whole list. :dry:

Its too soon to say that though. Master Chief could very easily be a simple fad that dies out when the next flavor of the month comes along. If Master Chief is still relevant to the gaming world in ten years like other characters left off the list, we can talk.

First off, I was serious about spelling Pikachu. As in, he's not that popular. Not that the guy is an idiot. :whatever: I sure the heck wouldn't know how to spell it.

Second, WHF is my buddy. Seriously. He's my dude. I was being serious about his mom. She sounds old and sweet by the answers she gave.

So I suggest you stay out of a conversation you weren't asked into. You'll just make youself look like a jack ass.

We'll call everything I just said exhibit C if you want.
Oh, I'm sorry Mr. DACMAN. I thought this was an open forum on a Public Site. I didn't know that you were having a private conversation. My apologies. I didn't mean to be a Jack ass. I'm mistaken. Sorry for butting in on your private conversation. My Bad.

ass

Pikachu is a hell of alot more well known than MasterChief

Pikachu is a hell of alot more well known than MasterChief
Aggreed. Even though MC is a pretty cool character, Pikachu is more likely the more popular character.

Aggreed. Even though MC is a pretty cool character, Pikachu is more likely the more popular character.

Everyone who knows Master Chief knows Pikachu, and anyone who knows MC as "That Halo Guy" knows Pikachu as "That Pokemon".

Thanks for talking for everyone :whatever:

Pikachu is alot more well known = fact
I have to agree, even though Ive never play played a pokemon game, I know who he is. I've been playing Halo for years, but something tells me that a lot of people not in the know would just think MC is a guy from a movie that they've never seen.

I have to agree, even though Ive never play played a pokemon game, I know who he is. I've been playing Halo for years, but something tells me that a lot of people not in the know would just think MC is a guy from a movie that they've never seen.

I think you just made some fanboy's head explode :cmad: ... but you're still right.

:up:

Thanks for talking for everyone :whatever:

Pikachu is alot more well known = fact

Well, if you had read this thread, then maybe you would realize it takes many pages to push that thru peoples thick skulls.

master chief and kratos are popular, but in terms of relevancy who's to say that next year even after the marketing blitz by microsoft, especially, that anyone will even care anymore. Like mortal kombat, who's still raving about it anymore, midway's latest mortal kombat game wasnt even a blip on most people's radar. But i'm sure you can remeber how big it was back in the 90's, how everyone was trying to master every combo imaginable. now your lucky if ign or joystiq even makes a mention of it on their sites.

Everyone keeps saying mario's not relevant anymore, but why is it that any kid you ask cant rattle off at least one mario game they've seen or played themselves. contrary to popular belief most people dont know what halo is, even after the promotions and advertisements, he just that guy in the weird space suit that's in some game. I have nothing against the game, but facts are facts. I can list any of the nintendo characters and sooner or later i'm bound to get a "Oh i know that one" or "yeah i played that game when i was a kid". Hell my dad who thinks video games know "super mario" and "pokemon", though he refers to them as "Pokeman".

If five to ten years from now other developers cite master chief and kratos influencial to their games as "super mario 64" is then your opinions are valid, but until then they are just the "flavors of the month".

and by the way ms.pacman is way better than pacman gameplay wise

Oh, I'm sorry Mr. DACMAN. I thought this was an open forum on a Public Site. I didn't know that you were having a private conversation. My apologies. I didn't mean to be a Jack ass. I'm mistaken. Sorry for butting in on your private conversation. My Bad.
It's cool. Don't let it happen again though.

It's funny how one little list can make people really go at it. No wonder we have so many wars all the time.

PS - He-man > Hulk

:ninja:

He-man's a joke. There's a reason the HULK is still around, coming out with another big movie this summer, and still has a comic, toys, and video games. It's because he's awesome and the strongest one there is. You know why He-man only lives on in your mind? Because he's a *****.

It's funny how one little list can make people really go at it. No wonder we have so many wars all the time.

Your avatar is a character who gets stronger the angrier he gets. He is angry all of the time. Maybe you should think about that before you preach lessons of peace.

He-man's a joke. There's a reason the HULK is still around, coming out with another big movie this summer, and still has a comic, toys, and video games. It's because he's awesome and the strongest one there is. You know why He-man only lives on in your mind? Because he's a *****.

Doesn't "another big movie" imply he already had one. It was a big bust, to be honest. But that was the directors fault, too much puny Banner and not enough Hulk smash!!! The twenty-five minutes Hulk actually did **** was the only good part of the movie, and the end fight sucked balls. Bring in the Abomination or The Leader for the next one, please. Preferably Blonsky, cuz NO ONE will take a martian wannabe seriously. Was he even in the comics, cuz I can't remember him outside of the cartoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"