Topics show up as red on red on iPhone

JJJ's Ulcer

Avenger
Reaction score
In the last week, a very user-friendly mobile interface has switched to a very unfriendly red-on-red palatte for topics over background. It's almost impossible to read and distinguish between text and background. Please go back to whatever color scheme you were previously using for your mobile version of the site.

i gotta say, I've never been happy with the mobile version of this site, I just use the regular version.

I don't understand. I thought we were supposed to come here for Tech issues, but it's been 2 weeks and no mod has helped address this really annoying issue. Even if you can't fix it, an answer would at least be nice.

The mobile interface is still blue/white/red for me.

This has been a problem for me during the past few weeks. I have been using the desktop version on my iPhone but I prefer the mobile version. I hope this gets fixed soon.

I gave up using the mobile version of the site months ago for this very reason. I am disappointed to see that it has not yet been resolved.

How hard can it be to have an easier to read mobile colour scheme on a forum?

Isnt it possible to choose between 2 different mobile skins ?

IIRC correctly, red is not the only option

sorry i haven't posted in here, but i have alerted people to the mobile site problem

I'm still having this problem, sadly.

It looks like it's finally fixed *knock on wood*

On the one hand, thank you. It IS appreciated. On the other hand, I'm kinda bewildered why something that was a major problem for so many with such a simple solution like a color-swap would take 2 months to fix.

can i use the government shutdown as excuse?

for future reference, could yall please mention what types of phones you were browsing in? for instance on my phone i saw no issues. be it android, etc? it might help for future reference, thanks

Last edited:
Nokia Lumia 920 on WP8 Amber.

Isnt it possible to choose between 2 different mobile skins ?

IIRC correctly, red is not the only option

I think it is. I used to have this problem before. What you have to do is temporarily switch to the desktop version on your phone, select skins and then pick SHH Mobile instead of SHH Mobile New (or maybe it's the other way round). Then it should be a normal white and light blue colour scheme with regular text. If necessary, bookmark the page (with the saved skin) as a favourite so that it automatically goes to that version next time.

I used to get the red page and it was completely unreadable. Would be on any phone I used. Now it's perfectly fine to read.

Okay so the color was changed to biege on my phone, at least I can read it, but I'm sticking to the old Blue/White SHH! Mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"