Toy Biz vs Hasbro- 2 years later

newavengers12

Avengers Assemble!
Reaction score
Well guys this is simple... This is not to know who is better. That has been discussed too many times. I am here to give you proofs of the evolution on our Legends. Ok, I/We know Hasbro has done a few crappy figs...But so did Toy Biz.

Now... Check this out.

TB War Machine and Hasbro War Machine.

DSC01170.jpg
Thumbnail, click to enlarge.

DSC01168.jpg

We all know the TB War Machine IS awesome...But IMO the new Hasbro War Machine stands right there with him.
I really like the way Hasbro put the arms in WM shoulders....Great addition. The paint apps are really cool. they are doing washes on figures!!! The paint looks like metal....If look closely at your TB WM, the paint looks plastic...not metalic.

These are details...that can let us be sure we are heading in the right direction with Hasbro.

One more...

DSC01169.jpg

This one....I am "All In" with the Hasbro one.... REALLY. Especially with the TB SCIM mask! Not cool.

So, my point is....Is the hate for Hasbro gone (or going away), I mean, we are getting lots of new characters in the ML line, the next waves and two packs looks great...

Come on, its evident TB(Marvel Toys) does not want to deal with that no more. Look what happened to the Legendary heroes line and TNA wrestling figures....They quit on us guys....and on the other hand Hasbro is trying to give us lots of new characters, characters we have been years asking for. Great paint apps, they are getting better on articulation.

All I know is: I am really happy right know with the ML line.

After two years... How do you feel?

Ironicly I love The TB SC Iron Man and hate it's War Machine...but I like (from what I've seen) Both the Hasbro version of the two....I feel that Hasbro is and will continue to be the perfect choice for making my Marvel Heros into great toys...true they did give us a crappy Fantastic Four movie toy line, but they more than made up for it in the Legends line...I just wish that they would make a line devoted to X-Men Movie figures cause I feel we were cheted out of X-3 figure line....other than that it's going strong...

As for the X3 figs...same feeling here. I NEED more! I really like those four figures I post...BUT I want to show to those who still are blinded by hate....We are getting GOOD stuff again! I fell as exites as ever with my Legends...And can't wait for the new realises!!!!!!!!! Weeee!

LOL......The wait is what I think is hurting it the most...ML Wave 4 won't be till December now...But we will be getting the Two-Pack and Hulk wave to past the time...

I am planning on getting at least 10 of each Skrull and SHIEL packs!

And I really want that FOOM!

What Skrull and Shield packs?...What did I miss out on?....PS The Foom is gonna be huge..

The double packs...SHIELD agent and Hand ninja....and Skrull vs Kree!!!!!

And yeah the Foom will be 14 inches without the horns...That takes him to the 16 to 17 inches.... Really impresive!

I still prefer Toybiz.Hasbro is inconsistent.

I'm going with Hasbro...they're giving me a lot of comic hulk toys this year.

venom...you are right, they have been inconsistent...but, they have been getting better and have not look back ith tha last series and the upcoming figures...

I think they will get consisent... Hope for it, because the new stuff is awesome.

Hasbro really needs to work on it's paint apps.Also why have two different scales for the hulk movie and Iron Man lines?That wasn't a smart move.Also give us new spidey figs not repaints!:cmad:Anyways yea some stuff is good.:o

Oranges and apples.

Toybiz was hardly consistent. Their stuff wasn't "consistently" decent until the very end, after 15 regular waves, two-packs, exclusives waves, and box sets. There were still gross errors in articulation, painting, and sculpting.

Hasbro can't seem to develop and stick with a working formula. The increased cost of plastic doesn't help that they already like to limit articulation. As far as paint goes...Hasbro doesn't believe in it.

But of the two which do you prefer?Maybe your Avatar will give me a clue?:o

Im pretty satisfied with everything from Hasbro right now, with the exception of the lack of new Spider-Man hero/villain figures...

I'm not even going to complain with the scale of the Hulk figs. I don't care if no one likes them. I can't really collect for scale...since all i collect is Hulk, so it doesn't matter to me. Besides...Hasbro is putting out a lot of Hulk later this year that's going to make up for it...and consume what little room is left on my shelves.

If Hasbro had used different sculpts on SCIM and WM then it would've been better. So far Hasbro's rehashing mk2/3 IMs in different colors and calling them new figs. I'm not saying that they're bad figs, but we can't judge Hasbro's entire run on ONE fig.

Distribution wise they're kinda worse than Toy Biz... I've only seen the main ML series (1/2/3) but not the side lines(Spidey ML or F4ML)

Articulation wise: I don't Get them. We get individual finger articulation on one of colossus' hands but Cyke can't bend his wrists. Bucky has articulation for his toes (And can "Hold" stuff with his hands) but FA Cap doesn't.

Paint: I have to repaint 75% of my HML after I open them. (Drybrush/Shade Fix the god awful reds on Cap and Bucky.)

Now Hasbro is going to clog pegs with Rehashed Spidey figs.

I actually applaud Hasbro for the Spidey Wave. They are rereleasing some villains that were short packed, like Venom and Carnage. Plus I'm now able to get the McFarlane Spidey.

ML wise, it's hit or miss. Distribution sucks horribly. I JUST found the F4 wave at Five Below (Except Sue, Namor, and the Surfer. But they had Doom so that was a major plus). And my Kmart only sells Wave One. Target and Wallmart have the others, but they just clog the shelfs.

Most of my ML are Hasbro and rereleases of Toy Biz stuff (Save Green Goblin, First Appearance Iron Man, Sandman, and this metallic blue Spidey that is my comic Spidey until I get the McSpidey.)

I want that war machine and SC iron man.... Where did you get them?

the SC is a target exclusive from the movie wave and the war machine is a walmart exclusive...that i have yet to see.

Im a little annoyed at the fact that hasbro is catering mainly for the american market and releasing full waves at shops like target and wal mart. Uk figures cost double the price as it is never mind shipping costs. At least with toybiz i could pick them up from a few retailers but this is limiting there market so much. Even there customer service department who i mailed about the legends not being sold on the uk web site was about as much use as a chocolate tea pot. Sorry toybiz for me due to accessability.

Toybiz did do a Wal-Mart exclusive wave. It was the Giant Man wave. Awesome wave for the most part but it sucked having to get the variants just to make Giant Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"