Hasbro's Marvel Q&A Round Uno

Roughneck

Avenger
Reaction score
www.cooltoyreview.com said:
Cool Toy Review: Many fans have been disappointed with the smaller scale used for the Spider-Man 3 and Fantastic Four movie lines. Can you explain the reasons for this change, and are there any plans to bring these characters to a more consistent scale with better articulation and paint deco?

Hasbro: There has been a lot of intense debate around the scale of movie figures....we hear you. Both paint and articulation are handled case by case taking into consideration the aesthetic of each character. Maximum articulation sometimes detracts from the overall appearance and quality of the figure. We know that many collectors and fans agree that the overall apearance of a figure ranks higher than the articulation point count. We look at this balance carefully each and every time.

Cool Toy Review: Some characters are just too small to be made. Has Hasbro considered packing in small figures with normal figures? You could add Luna, Franklin, HERBIE, Puppet Master, Layla Miller, Spider-Ham or Howard the Duck to any figure. What about the X-Babies? You see my point...

Hasbro: Sure, we've seen this in the Legends line in the past (i.e.Yellowjacket w/ Wonder Man) and you'll probably see it again in the future. Probably won't be Spider Ham, how about a Howard the Duck Marvel Zombie?

Cool Toy Review: ToyBiz released the 'House of M' and 'Young Avengers' boxed sets; could we see more team releases (such as the Exiles *hint hint*) from Hasbro? If so, would they be mass-market, or collector-oriented (at local comic shops)?

Hasbro: Not for 2007, but we're taking a hard look at some great possibilities for 2008. Couldn't say what the channel would be for these at this point.

Cool Toy Review: I have been focusing on the 3" die cast figures and would like to know if there will be any more movie properties made in this format besides Transformers, Spidey, & Ghost Rider. Thank you.

Hasbro: Unfortunately, we can't discuss the specifics of future die cast lineups....

Cool Toy Review: Apart from the black-webbed Spider-Man in the forthcoming eight-pack, will there be any comic-book-styled Spider-Man (and villian) figures in the Superhero Squad line? My sons love that line, and avidly collect these and the Galactic Heroes.

Hasbro: Your sons will be happy about future Squad lineups.

www.marvelousnews.com said:
Marvelous News: (Regards to Marvel Legends) What are the chances that, moving forward, Hasbro will refrain from using the GI Joe swivel-elbow and the Star Wars ball-jointed elbow/knee articulation schemes for Legends, and return to the double-hinge construction for elbows and knees as introduced by ToyBiz along with the paint apps we are used to?

Hasbro: Both paint and articulation are handled case by case taking into consideration the aesthetic of each character. Maximum articulation sometimes detracts from the overall appearance and quality of the figure. We know that many collectors and fans agree that the overall appearance of a figure ranks higher than the articulation point count. We look at this balance carefully each and every time.

MN: (Regards to Marvel Legends) Will you include flying stands/bases for future figures?

Hasbro: There are no plans to include these on a regular basis, although you will probably see a select few.

MN: (Regards to Marvel Legends) Any two packs or boxsets planned in the future??

Hasbro: Not for 2007, but we're taking a hard look at some great possibilities for box sets and 2-packs in 2008.

MN: (Regards to Marvel Legends) Will we ever see older Toy Biz figures re-released through Hasbro?

Hasbro: While we're not ready to discuss plans beyond our 2007 line at this time, -- There is a strong possibility that several old favorites could be revived. Watch for future announcements.

MN: What happened to the Marvel Heroes line shown at SDCC in 2006, are they still coming and if so when?

Hasbro: This line is not scheduled for release in the near future, but we never say never.

Kinda vague....I guess....I guess Marvel Heroes aren't coming.

I want my DAMN deaths head toy. Come on hasbro for 08!

From Fwoosh

Has there been any consideration to change the movie figures back from
5" to 6" scale?

We are always looking at our toy offerings and scale is something we
look at very carefully. Stay Tuned!

In terms of paint and articulation, is there any chance for more paint
applications or the return of some of the traditional ML articulation?

Both paint and articulation are handled on case by case basis...
taking into consideration the aesthetic of each character. Maximum
articulation sometimes detracts from the overall appearance and quality of
the figure. We know that many collectors and fans agree that the overall
apearance of a figure ranks higher than the articulation point count.

Any chance of a Fan's choice poll? Hasbro seems to handle them well on
the Star Wars brand, one would be fun for Marvel Legends.

Absolutely! We are looking at various possibilities for 2008 and 2009!

Would you consider a supplemental line that would re-release older,
harder to find Marvel Legends figures from Toy Biz's run?

While we can't talk specifically about future waves, yet, we can say
this --- There is a strong possibility that several old favorites could be
revived. Stay tuned in 2008!

Will flying characters in the future come with holes in the back for
flight stands and will flight stands be made available to purchase off
Hasbro.com?

We are always looking to improve our toy offerings. Stay Tuned!

They copy and pasted a lot of their answers.

Very vague, generic, subject changing answers. They must have the same PR guy as the Bush Admin.

When asked about the Scale they didn't even answer they talked bout paint

The questions were pretty much pointless. Not a single specific answer.

Hasbro really needs to listen to the fans more and stop thinking that toys are only for kids mentality.

this thread was pointless... we were better off not getting a Q&A

So basically they're saying F' off! Yay HASBRO!!! But I bet that if it was a Star Wars Q&A... they'd spill the beans...
"Will we get the I just stepped in some Banta poop Luke Skywalker?"
"Not only that but you'll get the Banta poop as an accessory..."

in all fairness though, hasbro lets alot more slip out than toybiz or jesse ever did. jesse would also get very disgruntled at fans. we already know about HML4 and the spin offlines, and a few circulating rumors, as well as a huge line up of icon figs

in all fairness though, hasbro lets alot more slip out than toybiz or jesse ever did. jesse would also get very disgruntled at fans. we already know about HML4 and the spin offlines, and a few circulating rumors, as well as a huge line up of icon figs

True, but my problem is that Hasbro doesn't seem to be able to answer criticism without a vague copy and paste answer.

With Toybiz Jesse would ***** about how fans were ticked over Ultron's look, and fire back that Ultron can change looks each appearnace sometimes. Or how fans were mad Maestro didn't have the superhero armor. Hasbro seems unable to do that, and avoids the question completely.

If they won't take criticism seriously, then they'll never improve over their faults. If they would acknowledge some of the things fans are ticked about, even if they said no, we would atleast know their listening.

Personally I'd like them to go back to the old joints, which were not broken so why fix them? Not go 4-5" on movie lines. Stop with the small heads on figures like Emma and Xorn, and let female characters have more joints like they used to, no reason for Emma to have a line around her arm where a joint could have been, it's like they welded it closed.

Another set of questions that I completely missed.

From www.action-figure.com

Round 1 June 20th 07

QUESTION 1: The lack of ink wash on some figures bothers a lot of fans of the original Toybiz/Marvel Toys Legends line. Are there plans to improve on this in the future?

ANSWER 1:: We do use a lot of washes and wipes where appropriate.but again, this is a case by case decision dependant upon aesthetics and the characteristics of each figure.

QUESTION 2:: Can we get clarification on talk of further 6 inch, Legends comparable figures outside of the Legends line?

ANSWER 2:: We can neither confirm nor deny at this time, stay tuned fans!

QUESTION 3:: Will you confirm or deny that this lineup for Legends series 4 is accurate...

> First Appearance Daredevil
> First Appearance Storm
> Nova
> Tim Bradstreet Punisher
> Silver Samurai
> AOA Sunfire
> Tigra
> Build a Figure AOA Nemesis

ANSWER 3:: This is not the lineup. I know this answer is a little cryptic but the official announcement for Wave 4 is just around the corner. stay tuned.

QUESTION 4:: Some fans are having difficulties finding Legends Series 2 in stores. Can you talk about distribution on this wave?

ANSWER 4:: There were a few bumps in the road coming out of the gate in 2007 but distribution was not the issue. Essentially, the reason you haven't seen Series 2 on shelf is because some Series 1 figures were blocking shelves for a while. The good news is that The Blob series has now hit shelves at most major retailers over the last two weeks. Lesson for the day?... Go find Series 2 so we can get Series 3 out there quickly! We need to work together in order to keep this business healthy and producing the fan faves we all want to see!

QUESTION 5:: Are there plans to release the Icons line in the UK?

ANSWER 5:: Our international team is taking a hard look at Icons for the UK.

there learning people, thing is right now, its all new.. and they figure the best PR for them right now is to not "spoil suprises" they also don't want fans controling there decisions, they want to make that themselves first. that what one would expect from a company just starting out.

Toybiz took several series of marvel legends to start listening and responding to us, the same will be said with this. one must rember too hasbro is a bigger company then toybiz, and my guess is the people answering these questions are not some of the major heads of whats going on with the marvel figs... which is why we get automated responses

I like the, "go out and buy HML2 fast as you can" Answer

me too, that was kinda funny... they just sold too many to stores is all, they thought since it was hasbro's first time, collectors would buy like crazy thiking these would be worth something, similar to what happened with the star wars switch (but on a smaller scale)

then who ever asked that question, is just stupid... unless you saw them at a specialty store and not retail

well...i saw them in forbidden planet and they seem to have stuff thats not in the uk, like the final fantasy figs. so i supposed they mean general realese

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"