Toy Biz vs Hasbro- 2 years later

Well when the Target wave comes out i'll be getting them all just for the BAF, so if there's anyone from that wave anyone outside of the US wants, they'll get first dibs.

the SC is a target exclusive from the movie wave and the war machine is a walmart exclusive...that i have yet to see.
Picked up the war machine... Still need SC Iron Man..

Well guys this is simple... This is not to know who is better. That has been discussed too many times. I am here to give you proofs of the evolution on our Legends. Ok, I/We know Hasbro has done a few crappy figs...But so did Toy Biz.

Now... Check this out.

TB War Machine and Hasbro War Machine.

DSC01170.jpg
Thumbnail, click to enlarge.

DSC01168.jpg

We all know the TB War Machine IS awesome...But IMO the new Hasbro War Machine stands right there with him.
I really like the way Hasbro put the arms in WM shoulders....Great addition. The paint apps are really cool. they are doing washes on figures!!! The paint looks like metal....If look closely at your TB WM, the paint looks plastic...not metalic.

These are details...that can let us be sure we are heading in the right direction with Hasbro.

One more...

DSC01169.jpg

This one....I am "All In" with the Hasbro one.... REALLY. Especially with the TB SCIM mask! Not cool.

So, my point is....Is the hate for Hasbro gone (or going away), I mean, we are getting lots of new characters in the ML line, the next waves and two packs looks great...

Come on, its evident TB(Marvel Toys) does not want to deal with that no more. Look what happened to the Legendary heroes line and TNA wrestling figures....They quit on us guys....and on the other hand Hasbro is trying to give us lots of new characters, characters we have been years asking for. Great paint apps, they are getting better on articulation.

All I know is: I am really happy right know with the ML line.

After two years... How do you feel?

i'll agree with warmachine, but ..... SC ironman blows.. its just a repaint and looks nothing like SC iron man, other then color

someone if possible.... can pick up the movie war machine for me :D

In the UK the Wal Mart and Target exclusives (War Machine and Silver Centurion) are not available anywhere, due to us not having Wal Mart and Target stores in this country. I hate it when companies make store exclusives that only people in the US can get there hands on, whereas everyone else must use Ebay or buy online from people in the US. At least Mcfarlane realises that there are different countries outside of the US, and has quite a few exclusives from their Halo 3 range that are not coming to the US.

I can get you one.. maybe... But they all have crappy paint apps... That probably wouldn't matter to you since you custom paint figs anyways :p

and where did you get all of those base things NA?

and where did you get all of those base things NA?

those are all from the face off ironman figs...

and sure u can pick me up one.. btw i still havent mailed you RE figs :( but i will this week... sorry for the delay, i had a really busy past week

Speaking of those damned face off figs.. I need a mandarin :( I was dirt poor when the second two packs came out and I was only able to pick up Punisher vs. Jigsaw. I'll get you one the next time I go to Wal-Mart and it's cool, I'm in no hurry about the RE figs since You have them in hand :p I know I'm guaranteed them so its no rush.

sweet, ya it took me forever to get the red mandarin.... now i just need that blasted damned icons cap with a mask..

Wow.... Masked cap was almost Impossible for me to find when they came out. I only saw ONE! and it had a ****ed up leg. I think Ncrawler found one for me and sent it to me. I say good luck to you on finding him. He was way too rare for a regular figure when he first came out much less trying to find him what? 2 years later? I'm sure Mandarin is going to be a ***** to find unless someone on the hype has one for sale or trade.

I still favor ToyBiz, they knew something Hasbro clearly doesn't: hands are important. I got a Mark III Ironman, and then I noticed how much his hands suck. He can't aim his repulsers, now matter how hard you try, nor can he make a fist, since you can't move his fingers. That really takes the fun out of an otherwise great figure.

Wow.... Masked cap was almost Impossible for me to find when they came out. I only saw ONE! and it had a ****ed up leg. I think Ncrawler found one for me and sent it to me. I say good luck to you on finding him. He was way too rare for a regular figure when he first came out much less trying to find him what? 2 years later? I'm sure Mandarin is going to be a ***** to find unless someone on the hype has one for sale or trade.

i've got a mandarin i don't need.

I have a MOC War Machine/Red Mandarin Face Off... I can deal it off for a movie Titanium Man.

Open offer! :yay:

Only ever bought two Hasbro figs, Movie Iron Man and She-Hulk. I'll stick with Toybiz, thanks.

They're only available at Wal-mart.
Target has the "SC" Movie Iron Man, Wal-mart has the "stealth" Iron Man.
It's not actually called War Machine on the box.

I can get you one...if you want me to. ;)

They're only available at Wal-mart.
Target has the "SC" Movie Iron Man, Wal-mart has the "stealth" Iron Man.
It's not actually called War Machine on the box.

I can get you one...if you want me to. ;)

:) you can get me anything you want :).... but ya only one of the "exclusives" i want are warmachine... the SC is just a repaint.... but the warmachine one actually comes with the missle launchers and cannon :D yay

In the UK the Wal Mart and Target exclusives (War Machine and Silver Centurion) are not available anywhere, due to us not having Wal Mart and Target stores in this country. I hate it when companies make store exclusives that only people in the US can get there hands on, whereas everyone else must use Ebay or buy online from people in the US. At least Mcfarlane realises that there are different countries outside of the US, and has quite a few exclusives from their Halo 3 range that are not coming to the US.
You have two groups to blame. Hasbro UK for trying to make them exclusives, and UK retailers for not taking them. And Wal-Mart owns a UK retail chain. But other than that I hear you. Thankfully HBC (Canadian retailer) has started taking Target exclusives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"