5 Inch Series

- New Batman Cowl Sculpt w/ New Bale Chin Sculpt

- New TDK Suit

Looks oustanding

main.php

main.php

Now Compare ...

med_gallery_9_116_60652.jpg

I hope there will be a regular Batman begins version available because that is god awful

Next ... 5 inch Joker

This figure is my favorite. While alittle more toned down then the Movie Master version, it still catches the perfect creepy gruesome image of Heath Ledger's Joker in TDK, just sans scar detail on the mouth.

main.php

Notice the similar posture?

med_gallery_116_88555.jpg

Putting a SMILE on that face

main.php

Reminds me of these two shots ...

med_gallery_116_36121.jpg

med_gallery_9_116_41205.jpg

And, he comes w/ the weapon from this scene

med_gallery_116_19084.jpg

Looks oustanding

Movie Master Joker

IMG_3686.JPG

DSC_01782.JPG

main.php

I forgot ... was there people complaining about this figure, and how it didn't resemble Ledger's Joker?

haha

med_gallery_116_59351.jpg

med_gallery_116_123584.jpg

med_gallery_116_21002.jpg

Really, NOW ...

IMG_3692.JPG

The Movie Master Joker is incredible, I'll have to pick one of those up. :woot:

The 5" figure looks comparable in quality to most 5" figures, no surprise there.

That 6" Joker figure intrigues me; I have seen great pics of it and I have seen horrible ones. I can't wait to see this in the comic books shops, which is where they'll be sold I believe.

I might break my ban on 6" figures for this one depending on the final product.

I know it's been commented on many times before but that Batman figure does seem to be wearing a bra, it's really unfortunate.

I know it's been commented on many times before but that Batman figure does seem to be wearing a bra, it's really unfortunate.

Would you rather see his nipples again? Like in Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. ;)

Im not sure about th 5" figures, most all of them look like crap. Atleast the Begins linen with the 5" figures tried to make them look more real, that joker 5" looks like a frickin cartoon.

Would you rather see his nipples again? Like in Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. ;)

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

You have a point, it's a step in the right direction I guess.

Man, this means Bale can no longer brag about getting rid of the nipples, not when he's wearing a bra.

that joker 5" looks like a frickin cartoon.

I like it. We already have a movie-representation of the Joker with the 6 inch figure, and im sure other statues and models of Heath's Joker will be made in the future, so its nice to have something a little different.

Im not sure about th 5" figures, most all of them look like crap. Atleast the Begins linen with the 5" figures tried to make them look more real, that joker 5" looks like a frickin cartoon.
Hardly, the 5 inch figures are actually really well done. That Joker especially. They said the 5 inch one would capture the essence of what he looks like, w/o trying to be overly frightening for children. Look at the broader picture here, kid. These still are meant for children. But beyond that, it still capture Heath's Joker perfectly, and still has a spooky look as the character has in the movie.

The Batman figs look to be as good, or bad depending on your opinion, as the Begins figs.

I actually like that Joker, its creepy in its own way. Way back when they were first talking about the figure lines, Mattel did say that they were going to be doing a "non scary" version of the Heath Joker because of it being geared towards the younger market. The collectors line is for the more adult oriented collector. Im getting both.

I actually like that Joker, its creepy in its own way. Way back when they were first talking about the figure lines, Mattel did say that they were going to be doing a "non scary" version of the Heath Joker because of it being geared towards the younger market. The collectors line is for the more adult oriented collector. Im getting both.
Agreed. Did you see the pic of the 5 inch Two-Face? Looks pretty good as well. They're using that same suit sculpt for the Bruce Wayne, and I believe the new 5 inch Scarecrow. Hopefully we luck out and they make a Jim Gordon using the same sculpt.

The 5 inch Joker looks like a animated version of the movie counterpart, still very cool none the less.

i have tried my best to stay away from any pics of joker, just cuz i wanted to be surprised. i've seen a few here and there, but not as much as i have seen in this thread. my own fault for clicking, but oh well.

what i find extremely interesting/funny, is he is wearing pretty much the exact outfit i have picked out for my wedding. only difference is the colors, instead of purple im going with black for the jacket and dark gray for the pants.

but design wise, everything else is dead on.

yay i get to be joker for my wedding!!

The 5" line looks terrible, especially the deluxe ones. They are going to be peg-warmers for sure this year.

The 6" series is the standard of what the movie line should follow. They should also make a Two-Face, as well as accurate versions of Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow from the first movie and you got a solid lineup right there.

I like the cowl on the 5 in Batman Begins toy, i wish they would have kept that. And they need to lose the grey tones. Otherwise pretty good.
Now that I'm thinking about it, the Batman Begins figure rocked.

The leaked pic of the Two Face fig doesnt look bad at all.

The collectors line is the one Im mainly interested in, tho Im not impressed with the Deathstroke and Firefly. The basic 5" line I only ever planned on getting the most basic Batman and the Joker figs.

I will agree that if Mattel doesnt watch their case assortments and distribution there will be a replay of the Begins line where they sit on the shelves for awhile and end up at the discount stores. However, that just means they will be easy to get and cheap. We've seen way too many bat variants already. Id rather just see afew along with villain variants.

The leaked Two-Face picture is from the 6 inch range i think. Im not even sure if a Two-Face figure is being released in the 5 inch range (If the Joker was too extreme for kids, then how are they meant to tone down Two-Face?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"