toy/paint question

-Crusher-

Sidekick
Reaction score
alright so i recently went through and dug up all of my batman toys from when i was little. and due to the wear and tear of their age plus me being a little kid (so i got a little rough with them :oldrazz:)

i would like to do some touch ups on them, alot of bat sybols and gloves and boots that need a freshener.

so my question is, what kind of paint would i buy to fix them up and give them a makeover?

Seeing as they're plastic, I would go to your local model/hobby shop and pick up some Testor's model paint.

I don't know what they use for the toys, but it'd be fairly difficult to find a match. You may want to consider full repaints.
Look into airbrushes, perhaps. I've been wanting to experiment, but it's a good way to get an even coat w/o brush strokes. Use a very fine brush for the small details, and take your time.

Also, always, always, always keep thinner handy.
If you want them to shine, there is also clear coat stuff you can get that people often use to give model cars a good finish.

I would think acrylic but im not totally sure, if you have an AC Moore they would know there. Ask SHAWDOWBAT69 pm him he knows for sure, hes done custom work to lots of his old figures and such.

yea i was thinking of asking either him or DK7

DO NOT USE TESTORS!!

That is terrible paint to use on figures. Go to your nearest hobby or craft store and pick up some acrylic paint. You can find just about any color imaginable. If you plan on doing complete repaints, you should prime the figure first, then repaint, and seal it. All this stuff should be where the hobby paint it. You can use Testors dull coat or sealer tho, just dont use the paint.

what if i dont want to do a full repaint? just touch ups, would it be hard to find a match?

If you want to do just little touch ups, take the figures with you. Compare the toy colors with the paint. Also, make sure you get glossy. Acrylic paint comes in both dull and glossy. I use Delta Ceramcoat brand acrylics.

If you want to do just little touch ups, take the figures with you. Compare the toy colors with the paint. Also, make sure you get glossy. Acrylic paint comes in both dull and glossy. I use Delta Ceramcoat brand acrylics.

That link I posted covers that stuff. They use the same paint.

Also, if you plan on painting on any rubber parts, make sure and cover the rubber area with a matte base coat before you put any gloss on it. If you use gloss on the rubber it won't dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"