Age of Extinction Transformers 4 for 2013

Theres seriously so much you could do with a Transformers sequel, especially with how the team has so far used historical events to tie transformers past together. I feel like the best thing to do is to set up Galvatron and the Dino Bots, what historical event for the 4th? Hmm who knows, it could be something to do with prehistoric earth or even something that doesnt have MUCH to do with Earth. Have Galvatron pretty much be this mob boss who knew what Megatron was up to all this time but patiently sat back knowing Megatron would fail. Have some of the characters from the 1st film come back such as Glen the hacker, Defense Secretary John Keller and bring back Michael O'Neil as Tom Banacheck.
I'd love to see the Autobots pretty much doing their own missions and them having built their own spaceship to travel to space to try and see if anyone from cybertron is near, pretty much a reconnaissance mission with a select group of Autobots (which perhaps leads to an epic space battle?) Especially since the Autobots should know by now that the Decepticons would always leave into space, they gotta wonder if the decepticons have a base of some sort (all those hatchlings from the second film?) Also for all the Mikaela fans, i think it would be interesting if Galvatron or someone who works for him (a human or transformer) to be responsible for Mikaela breaking up with Sam (something along the lines of if she doesnt Galvatron would kill him) and the only reason why no one thought anything of it is because Galvatron would use mikaela's voice or a drone to make sure her loved ones would hear from her (no suspicions) And at some point the Autobots figure it out and find it hard to tell Sam that she's being held and perhaps tortured? Probably along the lines of how Megatron tortured Sam in TF2 for his memories. I also think that would be interesting because Mikaela was always the one to fight with and for Sam, because the feelings she had for him, and now Sam would have to realize he still loves her and goes and fights to get her back. I think it'd also explain the harsh break-up they had between them because it wasnt really Mikaela ending it with Sam, she was forced to as apart of Galvatron's plan. Oh and Sam should be single at this point (did anyone actually like Carly?) Yeah i have a lot of ideas for TF4, i think we should finally see the Autobots trying to find answers for themselves and not wait for stupid crap from the government to pop up. The Autobots should take charge and take action and try to find survivors in space assignments with a newly built spacecraft. As for what Sam should be doing with his life in the start of this 4th film, who knows, he could finally be working with N.E.S.T in some form (not a soldier) As for the future past a 4th film i think it'd be sweet to find out that a decepticon, perhaps the scientist that tortured Sam in TF2, located all the lost decepticons (Megatron, Shockwave, Starscream, from the 3rd film) and salvage their sparks from within and find new hosts/bodies for them.

Well these are all some ideas that popped into my head the last few days, figured i'd share them. What do you guys think?

May be this time someone will take revenge of their planet destruction. Anyway Transformer 4 is in the process. till then check the last 3 parts at english movies

I can't wait for another one! I just hope they eliminate even more of the silliness (like they did with DOTM after the huge disappointment that ROTF was). If Bay stays, I won't complain, but if he goes I hope someone who comes who can handle action just as well!

Avengers was a great movie = Joss Whedon for TF4 and every other movie in the universe
After TDKR Nolan will get his turn at directing every movie.

What's there left to do? Bring Megatron back for a third time?

Bay's had his turn. Let someone else start over. Really, it can only get better.

Yeah I want a new director for Transformers. :D

Plus how hard is it for Paramount to get a better director than Michael Bay.

What's there left to do? Bring Megatron back for a third time?

Bay's had his turn. Let someone else start over. Really, it can only get better.

That's so silly.
If it was true, the last GI Joe would have been a hit. Among dozens of other films.

I partially want bay to be replaced, if only so the point could be proven once and for all. I mean look at battleship. For years everyone said TF had no character and that shia and co were the worst part of it. AND that it was literally ILM's show and they were the only thing bringing in the Box Office. I wonder how said film is going to do seeing as it has none of the crap fanboys go on about in BayFormers...maybe it will be received as well as the first TF was, it only makes sense.:o

Some Facts fans need to digest.
1. There has never been a big budget(or small for that matter) hollywood LIVE ACTION feature that hasn't starred humans(and that includes Avatar). That's first of all. Right from the jump, the producers of this film can't give fanboys what they want...what they see in other tent poles. It won't happen on principle alone. And Bay's not in a position to change that.

2. Without fancy plotting tricks, the budget won't sustain a film about cg rendered at this quality for more than a certain amount of the screentime. ILM just charges too much for cg.

3. Every single one of these films, from Avengers to GI. JOE is sold around hollywood actors/faces.

Those are just three reasons fans will never be happy with this series. Now there are plenty of things that could and should be changed about the direction but it's all for nothing if people can't even see that. Quite frankly it's easier to have the "character development:whatever:" of say avengers when the technicalities involve placing a camera in front of some charming actors.

Lastly, its takes a certain kind of density to not understand that the tone and plotting you're seeing in the TF series comes from a committee that simply involves Bay. Speilberg/Hasbro/Lorenzo/Kruger...as much as you may think, it's not just Bay sitting in his basement writing out some sort of passion projects. If anything this Pain&Gain is the closest you'll be seeing to his singular vision in a long time.

..but I digress, TF4 needs to be better.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing what kind of action he brings to the next. Bay will out do himself for sure in that category.

I do hope to see a bit more character development for the bots, but Ive been saying that since TF2, Ill believe it when I see it. Not getting my hopes up. One things for sure hes gonna bring some crazy ****ing explosions this time round....and probably some dinobots.

As for villains Im goen for the obvious choices, Galvatron or Unicron. Probably Galvatron.

I hope there will only be 10 robots, TF2 and TF3 had like 15-25 robots and I had to look at the internet to know who's who.

That's so silly.
If it was true, the last GI Joe would have been a hit. Among dozens of other films.

How so? And yeah since GI joe hit, there's been two other TF movies that followed and still with the same problems.

I partially want bay to be replaced, if only so the point could be proven once and for all. I mean look at battleship. For years everyone said TF had no character and that shia and co were the worst part of it. AND that it was literally ILM's show and they were the only thing bringing in the Box Office. I wonder how said film is going to do seeing as it has none of the crap fanboys go on about in BayFormers...maybe it will be received as well as the first TF was, it only makes sense.:o.

two totally different scenerios, "battleship" is based off a board game that had no characters at all (and you or I have seen that movie yet). TFers, was rich with characters that they didnt develop and spoon feed us human characters with annoying characteristics moreso then good development and growth. For instance, Bay(or whatever you wanna put in charge of it) used the "parent" just as slap stick comedy. Which they were ok to be in the first film, but you bring them back to be even more annoying..they served no purpose, and i think most level headed people have no problem with humans being in a TF movies, but i think, and it's said 1000 times and a 1000 different ways. People wanted to see more of the robots then the humans, i mean we obviously know "humans" have to carry the films as well. But again...the characters, need they both humans or robots were not done right, poorly developed, missed used and lack depth and/or any kind of growth. Its expected more from a hollywood direct, and a big budget film, well should be. TF 4 will be more of the same.

Is tf4 in pre-production yet? Bay finished pain and gain last month.

Have you checked the SHH 2014 expectation poll? TF4 only beats Robopocalypse and probably just because we haven't seen anything on that movie yet.

The Avengers showcased what the Transformers movies should've been all along. Action movies with true character and heart. Something I don't think Michael Bay has any idea to showcase.

I would say new director but I know this isn't the case.

At least try and get the film focused on the actual Transformers this time..

^Who made that? Yourself? Either way its an awesome poster, would love something like this for the actual movie.

Not me..... it's something that's been floating about today. Had thought it was legit, but i'm second guessing that now.

Well, if it is legit it looks awesome, if its a manip, its very well done, amazingly so in fact.

I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that we're never going to see a Transformers-centric Transformers movie. And I get why, and I accept it. These aren't great films, but darned if they aren't a whole lot of fun, and they do have some great moments. I don't think I could ever say they're without heart or character entirely.

The Avengers showcased what the Transformers movies should've been all along. Action movies with true character and heart. Something I don't think Michael Bay has any idea to showcase.

While I found the humor in THE AVENGERS to be much more clever, I do think that the Transformers movies and Avengers movie share a lot of similarities otherwise. A simple plot, often revolving around some kind of a MacGuffin, fairly one dimensional characters who have decent interaction with each other, and lots of action, but plenty of plot convenience.

One wonders what the title will be for the fourth installment.

TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE UNIVERSE?

Bay saying the next one will actually go into space, I'm wondering if he's planning on heading the Unicron route. But he wants this to lead in to a whole other series of flicks for the franchise so he may not blow the Unicron load in this one, only hint at it.

After reading the latest news I'm inclined to believe that its not just the human characters that won't be returning but most of if not all of the robots either.

It could be interesting and give Bay and the writers the space to really take it in a new and interesting direction

Since all of the Decepticons that everyone cared about, got killed off, I was really hoping for a reboot. Right now, I'm just going to expect more of the same crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"