Transformers comic?

The Geek Vault

Come at me bro
Reaction score
After seeing the transformers movie I've decided to try and buy some actual transformers comics. I'm probably buying the Avengers/Transformers mini. How were the Marvel Comics Transformers, good, bad, in-between? Are any of the arcs out in trade? What about IDW, is that a good transformers series to pick up?

Pretty much all you need is what is going on right now...IDW just restarted their own G1, and it is great...The frist three listed below are the main story arc, Devastation has not come out yet, but it is a real cool way of telling the story...While that main arc is going on (and concerning mainly Earth) Stormbringer is happening simialtainously on Cybertron, and the Spotlight issues link to the main arc, but give character introductions...They are all very well written and very well drawn....You can find TPB of Infiltration, Escalation, Stormbringer, and the first half of Spotlight our at any book or comic shop right now...The second half of Spotlight is still going, with Galvatron coming out this month, and an Optimus Prime issue, and complete 4 or 5 Megatron:Orgins part as well....

Transformers: Infiltration
Transformers: Escalation
Transformers: Devastation
with
Transformers: Stormbringer
Transformers: Spotlight

It is real real good work, and I hope IDW keeps this 'generation' of TF going, because they have done it very well.

The IDW line is good, but I grew up reading the Marvel series, and would recommend them as well. Very enjoyable series, IMO. Although the mythology eventually seperates itself from the 1980s cartoon, some would say it was an improvement.

Cool, I'm probably going to pick up that DK big Transformers book just to figure out who is who before reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"