Sequels Transformers Reboot Speculation Thread

Yeah, exactly. I really don't understand why Hasbro wants to retcon everything with the same mythology. I guess it makes it simpler for kids, but it kind of messes with storytelling and continuity. If Hasbro wants a uniform timeline, they should create a single Transformers series that everything (movies, comics, cartoons, etc) ties into, kind of like Star Wars. Forcing the same mythology into existing continuities just doesn't work.

Thankfully it seems like they are moving to make the movie series lower budget, and they're simplifying the robot designs. I already think the AOE/TLK designs are way better than the first trilogy. And from what I hear, the new VW Bumblebee design is pretty simple, like a cross between G1 and movieverse. If that's the route they're going, I'll be pretty happy.

A reboot would be the best thing that could happen. Perhaps Disney could buy the franchise off of them...

And bring back the G1 look.

A reboot would be the best thing that could happen. Perhaps Disney could buy the franchise off of them...

And bring back the G1 look.

I wouldn't mind a more G1-accurate reboot at some point, but please keep it as far away from the Disney monopoly as possible. They've already destroyed two of my favorite franchises, I don't want to see them execute another.

The Bumblebee movie is the perfect way to reboot Transformers. Reintroduce the characters. Optimus Prime movie should be next, and then you go from there.

At this point, I'd just rebuild the whole franchise off of Bumblebee alone, with total disregard for the other films as a whole.
Have Laika do that animated Cybertron-set prequel Paramount keeps talking about making as a WWII/"big mission" influenced Wreckers story telling how they were sent in to rescue Optimus from the 'Cons and get him off the planet.
Set Optimus' stand-alone movie in the '90s (they can even make his trailer black like it was during G2 during that time) as a "lone stranger" Western influenced movie involving humans being terrorized by a Decepticon tank *koff*Bludgeon*koff* with flashbacks to Optimus' younger days establishing why him hunting this guy is personal enough for him to avoid calling on any other 'Bots for help.

A reboot is definitely required. And rebuilding off of Bumblebee may not be a bad idea, except that I'm hoping they discard the Michael Bay look and bring back good old G1 and G2.

But they got to handle the Unicron arc better. The whole earth as an Unicron in a coma did not do it for me...I was surprised, but disappointedly surprised.

Let them build it up with G1 mythology again starting with Primus vs Unicron, and have the Unicron planet eater come in at the end of a trilogy or something.

Actually, the best thing that could happen would be to sell this franchise to Disney. They got the money and interest to do this right. LOL Sorry but Michael Bay put in so many stupid objectification of women scenes that ruined the family friendly vibe that really went well with the original Transformers cartoons and 80s movie. Now, obviously Michael Bay's movies were better than the original 80s one, but the 80s one had a certain charm with it that the family could enjoy, except for Spike uttering the infamous curse when Unicron ate Cybertron's second moon. ;)

Transformers: The Last Knight And Bumblebee Are Both Getting Sequels

“We are already working on two projects and both have scripts under development. One is the latest in the main family series following the events of Transformers: The Last Knight and the other is a sequel to Bumblebee. So, we are thinking of films where Optimus Prime and Bumblebee will be the buddies, but when Optimus and Bumblebee are the movies of the protagonists … how human beings get involved in their drama In the first place, the size is different between human beings and their’s …. It’s a worrying point (laughs).

This is surprising!!!

Well I guess we finally get Unicron.

I remember a couple years ago they said they wanted to setup spinoffs while having the main movies going and every year taking turns. Honestly though with how great bumblebee was and awful the last 3 bay ones have been this is the wrong choice

This isn't exactly confirmation. He's just saying scripts are being written. Doesn't mean they will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"