Sleeping Dogs

Square Enix Fire Sale Has Tomb Raider & Sleeping Dogs for $5. May 31, 2014 . 11:00am

Grab Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs and other Edios titles – uh, Square Enix titles for under $5.

2011-06-08-tomb_raider-e1401524533367.jpg

Square Enix titles are on sale at Newegg this weekend during a fire sale of sorts (honestly it still feels very much like Edios titles to me, but I digress). Some notable titles are on the price chop block, with Tomb Raider GOTY Edition on sale for $5.09 after coupon EMCPEHA86. Bunch of other titles are also on sale using the same coupon stacking with instant savings. Most titles are at or near their all time low price point, but Tomb Raider is probably the best value out of the bunch.

Other gaming discount news this weekend includes a 20% coupon for Tuesday’s big release Watch Dogs, a title that by all accounts appears to be doing well both in reviews and sales. While Battlefield 3 has long since seen its prime (we’re already 7 months into Battlefield 4 now) EA decided to throw a bone to all who would partake – a free copy of Battlefield 3 is available on Origin Store until June 3rd.

Source:Siliconera

I'm still waiting o triad wars details been a while since that Ep live video interview that's just a page over

Sleeping Dogs Goes Next-Gen in the Rundown

Victor talks about the Definitive Edition of Sleeping Dogs, Casey Hudson's departure from BioWare, and more in the Rundown.

And

Square Enix will let Sleeping Dogs lie definitively on PC too

l (1 day ago)

Following an early reveal of Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition for Xbox One and PS4, Square Enix has announced that detective Wei Shen's remastered mission to take down the Triads will be coming to PC as well.

Like its console-bound counterparts, Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition on PC will include 24 pieces of DLC, including story-continuation Year of the Snake and horror-themed Nightmare In North Point. Unfortunately, right now the Amazon page that lists the Definitive Edition does not mark PC as a platform option, so it's unclear when and if those who pre-order the game for PC via the online retailer will also receive a limited edition art book like those who pre-order for Xbox One or PS4 will.

Still, it's nice to have official word that the game will make its way to the distant lands of the personal computer, even if it's not much of a surprise. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition is slated for an October 14 release date.
[Image: Square Enix]​
Continue Reading

source: EPN.TV& Joystiq

well there's still this

Triad-Wars-Big.jpg

Sleeping Dogs Follow Up Unveiled

As for the actual gameplay, Triad Wars will offer a combination of fighting, driving, and shooting, similar to Sleeping Dogs. The seamless integration of all these elements was one of the things we liked the most about Sleeping Dogs, and you can watch our review of that game by clicking here.
Triad Wars is in development exclusively for the PC, and is slated to launch in early 2015. You can sign up for the game’s beta test right now.

Don’t forget that the next-gen Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition will hit the PS4 and Xbox on October 10.
source: EPN.TV

Last edited:
triad wars being a pc exclusive is such a disappointment.

Sleeping Dogs: The Definitive Edition Review
Synopsis: they feasted their eye's on Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition. it has great stories & characters & combat with a world that fun to revisit on a next gen console.

Raju's Score 8.5 & Shaun's Score 8.5

And here's the full show below
October 29 – Reviews on the Run – Full Show

It's big trouble in little China with Sleeping Dogs: The Definitive Edition, Keanu Reeves is back to his ass-kicking roots with John Wick, players might rage with Fenix Rage, and we look back at the original Assassin's Creed.

source: EPN.TV

Damn it , Disney had access to them United front games and even though they pulledout of games, I really wanted marvel to contract them since they were also contracting studio's . They could have made a Dare devil game or marvel knight's / defenders game among others.

fv4L2B.jpg

[YT]rrUhkuXbS-Y[/YT]

1,007 views 9 hours ago

EP Daily Rundown for October 18, 2016

Today in the Rundown, Rockstar Games has finally announced Red Dead Redemption 2! We've saddle up all the details on that, along with some sad news about Sleeping Dogs developer United Front Games, the latest happenings at Netflix, some sugary news about a certain mobile and finally, save the world with Captain Planet!

We’re always excited about new games, but there’s also some very sad news coming out of the video game community. Vancouver-based developer United Front Games, best known for creating the 2012 open-world action game Sleeping Dogs, has shut down. Rumours of UFG’s closure began to surface yesterday, and although no official announcements have been made at the time we’re filming this, we’ve have confirmed the bad news with the studio. As one of the few independently-owned AAA developers in the industry, UFG had been struggling to stay afloat for years. One of their recent projects, an online game called Triad Wars, was cancelled last year, and they had also been working on playsets for Disney Infinity before that franchise was killed earlier this year. UFG’s most recent project, a multiplayer brawler called Smash & Grab, was released on Steam Early Access a few weeks ago, but it has since been removed from sale and looks like it may never see the light of day. Just last week we were able to play the game with UFG’s Travis Nordin right here in the studio, and everything seemed fine at the time so news of the closure caught all of us off guard. We have a lot of friends there so obviously we wish them the best of luck, and hope they find new opportunities soon.

source:
EPN.tv

I bought this game during the sale and played the opening bit. $5 is a steal for an amazing game. Wow, this thing looks great! Didnt realize how good the remaster is but the environments are so crisp and sharp and dont look like the PS3 original. I also forgot how great the combat system was. Sucks we likely wont get a sequel

I bought this game during the sale and played the opening bit. $5 is a steal for an amazing game. Wow, this thing looks great! Didnt realize how good the remaster is but the environments are so crisp and sharp and dont look like the PS3 original. I also forgot how great the combat system was. Sucks we likely wont get a sequel

I know I'm in the minority with this opinion but I personally found myself preferring sleeping dogs over gta5. I just found myself having more fun with it, where as I lost interest in gta5 and never finished it.

No, I would agree with that.

Sure GTA had more arguably but Sleeping Dogs was just so new and exciting! Not many games have an open world Hong Kong and it was absolutely beautiful

It felt like more than a GTA clone bc it attempted to do something different which it did. SE really had something special here and I hate how they didnt nourish it like they should have

I know I'm in the minority with this opinion but I personally found myself preferring sleeping dogs over gta5. I just found myself having more fun with it, where as I lost interest in gta5 and never finished it.

No, I would agree with that.

Sure GTA had more arguably but Sleeping Dogs was just so new and exciting! Not many games have an open world Hong Kong and it was absolutely beautiful

I really wish marvel and disney got it into their head's to have hired them(united front games the makers of this game ) before they went out of business to make triple A Dare DEVIL & Defender's or marvel knights games. they had access to them cause they had them assist on disney infinity. and yet it never dawned on marvel( who publishes them selves or Disney to do so. It's just strange.

I really wish marvel and disney got it into their head's to have hired them(united front games the makers of this game ) before they went out of business to make triple A Dare DEVIL & Defender's or marvel knights games. they had access to them cause they had them assist on disney infinity. and yet it never dawned on marvel( who publishes them selves or Disney to do so. It's just strange.

Disney stopped publish games before UFG closed down so that likely never would have happened. They deal with publishers, not independent developers now

Disney stopped publish games before UFG closed down so that likely never would have happened. They deal with publishers, not independent developers now
hmm well I need to make thing clear here. I said it ion other thread before disney haired them on disney infinity that they should have made thos are the games I mentioned and if you remember I even had major talk with dr.comic the poster in the where are the marvel games thread which I remember you were that talking to two of then too. more importantly as I'm talking now I meant when hired united front games for disney infinity they should have gotten intheir head then to do so before disney infinity .

It's seem your talking about Disney's hired of united front games post the point when they announced they pulling out of "in house game making "and fallowing this disney hasn't fully pulled out of game publishing as they are doing this as put up in the disney infinity thread which waslast night.

Last year it was reported that some ofthe dev's of avalanche that made disney infinity have started a new studio under a new name and are doing Vurtual reality games

page:#133
page: 6
multipage.gif
. Last Page) quote below

now it seems disney want to have avanlche to do games again details below

After closing them down, Disney hire Avalanche Software to make a Cars 3 game

9 hours ago
Comments 3

Last year, Disney decided to back out of game development and instead focus on licensing out their IP. Disney Infinity studio Avalanche Software...
Read more

source: PCGN

lastly when I say marvel is publishing game I'm talking the games under their that the dev have stated mnay time over that marvel heroes contest of champion and furture fight all anwer to marvel and even the disney infinty guys told the people of EPN.tv that those other studio all answer to marvel

page:14

top of the page of this thread in: Disney Infinity Platform (
multipage.gif
)

Disney only started working with UFG in late 2015 for Disney Infinity 3.0 which released in March of last year. They did stop publishing games as they shut down Disney Interactive Studios, 2 months later. When would they have announced a new Marvel based game developed by them? The timeline just wouldnt have added up.

Besides Disney was not publishing AAA games. The extent of their titles involved Infinity and handheld stuff. Your wish could apply to any number of properties that fans have asked for over the years from Avengers to X-men. It wouldnt have mattered as Disney wasnt making those type of games. Its only after they shut down DIS that they announced plans to put out AAA games through their parternships with other established publishers. Unless you were looking for an ioS/Android title, it wasnt happening. UFG themselves were busy with their botched work with SE that eventually got cancelled

Last edited:
sorry for taking so long my room mate needed his pc and after he used it went into repair mode for some strange reason. he was weired out when show him that pc was act freky after his use.

to get on what you said.

Disney only started working with UFG in late 2015 for Disney Infinity 3.0 which released in March of last year.

that video with the dev's sitting down with victor lucas above your showing off marvel battle grounda mentioned UFG as being with them pre battle grounds release.

To me The best time would have been when disney got into talks with UFG since they were hot commodity at the time and that was what made it a gritty crime game. perfect fit for DD or marvel knights game.
They did stop publishing games as they shut down Disney Interactive Studios, 2 months later. When would they have announced a new Marvel based game developed by them? The timeline just wouldnt have added up.
the best time would have been when they got into talks with them(UFG) and before they had them working disney infinity and mentioned it on that video interview above before marvel battle grounds launched .

Besides Disney was not publishing AAA games.
I never really said disney was.

if any thing what I'm suggesting would have been their first triple A title in ages , since their pirates of Caribbean game which was one of their few last games triple A title wise next to epic Micky that freaked disney out when it failed.

However they should should have started thinking about that at that time or marvel them selves should have .

The extent of their titles involved Infinity and handheld stuff.
I'm aware and there was still their kigdom hearts game and other games pre that.

Your wish could apply to any number of properties that fans have asked for over the years from Avengers to X-men.
Nah if we're talking about my wish , it would have been with that thing with marvel starting their own in house video game publisher house studio/ unite(the latter I remember hippy hunter calling it.) as we talked about in the "where are all the marvel game thread."

And where avengers were involved have ether of the former half's of vigile (the dark siders series makers) be it ether gunfire games or Joe Madureira's Airship Syndicate, work on the Avengers game.
it'd would probably have the option of single player and the added option/mode of couch co-op and online co-op.

and if possible with X-men I have it be a hybrid 3rd person action RPG by way alpha protocol with element of deus Ex revolution's, it's sequal and it's predecessor series and what was done some by other's like dragon age , mass effect fallout to a degree. and with single player mode with you pick any of your fave x-men to play as and fight along side other x-men or their allies(some what like both form star war battle front did andwhat DCUO has with the heroes as your mentors in the latter game.)
I also have there single player story mode optional part of co-op mode too.

It wouldn't have mattered as Disney wasnt making those type of games.
which is why I'm saying they should have, started thinking that at that time when they got into talks with UFG.
Its only after they shut down DIS that they announced plans to put out AAA games through their parternships with other established publishers. Unless you were looking for an ioS/Android title, it wasnt happening. UFG themselves were busy with their botched work with SE that eventually got cancelled
sadly this is disney's mistake they saw UFG made a big name for them selves with sleeping dogs and they didn't think this would make great way to push Dare Devil from the jump befor they put them in Disney infinity . [/QUOTE]

again yes I'm aware they weren't doing triple A games. But it was good idea to make come back to it after so long after their pirates games and epic micky fail .

it just should occurred to them that this is a great way for us to make come to this genre called triple A on all platforms .

anyway I'm more rooting for marvel to do this them selves licensing wise and for them to start off the their own in house video game publisher house studio/ unite. like how marvel them selves licensed marvel heroes contest of champions etc.they started movie studio it make to do the for video gae and they'd have control and no one can screw them over.

And Joe mad has work with them on comic's it would a dream there with starting it off. be side they really need their own version of Jim lee on the marvel games side. who's both gamer and has also worked on both comics and the games industry and Joe Madureira'sis the only man that match's up with jim lee where these creds are involved .

Last edited:
h mm if this movie does well it may save the studio possble ale they could still possible do dd game (just my hope). Below it it's a thread on the hype about the movie it's self.

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Sleeping Dogs movie starring Donnie Yen announced[/FONT]
Published 3 hours ago. 39 comments.

IP Man to play the main character.
Sleeping-Dogs-Film-Donnie-Yen-Ann.jpg
Ads by Kiosked
The Fast and the Furious series producer Neal Moritz is producing a new feature film based on Square Enix’s Sleeping Dogs franchise starring IP Man‘s Donnie Yen, Deadline reports.
The movie follows an undercover police officer, played by Yen, on a mission to take down the Chinese Triads.
The film will be produced at Original Film with DJ2 Entertainment, with producers Moritz, Dmitri Johnson, and Dan Jevons, with Toby Ascher and Stephan Bugaj executive producing.

Read More

Industry,Sleeping Dogs,Square Enix

source: Gematsu

also with from the hype it's self .

Donnie Yen To Headline ‘Sleeping Dogs’
LoganGambit87

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"