The Force Awakens Tron Legacy = Disney's "Star Wars" pre-SW-acquisition

eatup

Civilian
Reaction score
What did you guys think of Tron Legacy, which was essentially Disney's love letter to SW? Personally, I thought the SFX in Legacy was what the Star Wars prequels should have been. Not to say that SW prequels weren't visually impressive. They were. Just that Disney really needs to bring in the Tron Legacy SFX team to work on Episode VII!

I loved Tron Legacy.

I don't really get what you mean about how the special effects is "what the Star Wars prequels should have been" though. You mean the effects in the prequels should have been better? Yeah, no ****.

I also loved Tron Legacy.

At this point, I don't care about special effects---I really do not. If they have a coherent screenplay-which none of the prequels had--and actual characters, instead of cardboard cutouts, I could a give a care less about the special effects.

If Episode VII is visually like Tron Legacy, it will be worthy of Star Wars regardless of whether the story will turn out to be average/above average.

I think what eat up means is that while Tron Legacy is done mostly with green screen work, it still was able to create an immersive world.

Tron Legacy had a flawed story, but I loved it, too. Too charming not to.

I didn't like Tron Legacy... I loved the original one because I grew up watching it over and over on VHS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"