The Force Awakens Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Trailer #1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they should have opened with Mark Hamil / Luke, personally.
If the rumours of Luke being isolated and in hiding for decades are true then his grand reveal in the movie is something they might want to hold back rather than stick in a teaser trailer.
So is Boyega a stormtrooper, or is he just borrowing a uniform a la Luke and Han?
It is rumoured he is a stormtrooper who defects to the Republic.

He's built one hell of a career for himself. And now, after his 2nd unit directing on Hobbit, he has directing credits to his name.

He is also founder and co-owner of The Imaginarium Studios. A studio specializing in applying motion capture technology in film, television and video games.

Serkis as a live action actor is underrated. Serkis performance as Ian Dury in Sex, Drugs & Rock n'Roll.

If the rumours of Luke being isolated and in hiding for decades are true then his grand reveal in the movie is something they might want to hold back rather than stick in a teaser trailer.

It is rumoured he is a stormtrooper who defects to the Republic.

He is also founder and co-owner of The Imaginarium Studios. A studio specializing in applying motion capture technology in film, television and video games.

Serkis as a live action actor is underrated. Serkis performance as Ian Dury in Sex, Drugs & Rock n'Roll.

Hamill's involvement in the project is pretty well known at this point, so they may just avoid showing him at all in the trailers to preserve his reveal in the film. And that can also allow the marketing to play up Luke's exile and Han and Leia not knowing where he is. It'd leave it a nice mystery to be revealed in the film rather than spoiled in the marketing.

Luke Skywalker will be in a trailer. It might be a quick glimpse, but I am sure ther ewill be something.

I call the Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder for my next avvy!

I would prefer to see our first looks at our original cast in motion in the footage instead of pictures to some Empire Exclusive or something. But that might happen instead.

And damn, it's going to be hard knowing which poster is which with all these same avvies. On this page it looks like somebody spent all night on here.

I never expected to see Luke in the trailer. I can see them saving him for "big reveal" either in another trailer or even in the actual film. I thought that we MIGHT see Han or Leia, but I wasn't exactly shocked that we didn't. It seems like they wanted to us the first teaser to introduce the "new trinity" so to speak, which would make sense.

I would prefer to see our first looks at our original cast in motion in the footage instead of pictures to some Empire Exclusive or something. But that might happen instead.

And damn, it's going to be hard knowing which poster is which with all these same avvies. On this page it looks like somebody spent all night on here.

Almost ;)

Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens

[YT]qpfWrh1scZU[/YT]

I like the choice of shots they used. Enough to tease and excite, whilst still keeping the story a complete mystery.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I'm really starting to lean toward the crossguard in fact being exhaust pipes.

I miss the old models they used to use for the spaceships. CGI spaceships always look fake no matter what. It's great to see the Falcon but it moves as if it has no weight at all.

the lightsaber is cool, but it will fall apart and get destroyed easily when a Jedi cuts his/her lightsaber into the metal part with the two small blades.

Meh. I felt it could have been better. More memorable. Who cares about seeing X wings flying and some storm trooper in the desert.

That new sith lightsaber looks kinda odd. I get JJ needs to show something new....but it just seems forced.

Good to see the MFalcon tho. Still...I feel this first teaser trailer should have had more of an impact.

Kind of a waste IMO.

Meh. I felt it could have been better. More memorable. Who cares about seeing X wings flying and some storm trooper in the desert.

That new sith lightsaber looks kinda odd. I get JJ needs to show something new....but it just seems forced.

Good to see the MFalcon tho. Still...I feel this first teaser trailer should have had more of an impact.

Kind of a waste IMO.

Agree 100% with that.

I like this theory. Would explain why they don't come on until after the main blade too.
This is similar to the way I took it. When I first saw this new lightsaber I took it as, someone constructed it without fully knowing what they were doing. Which, makes the lightsaber highly volatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"