The Force Awakens Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Trailer #1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt burned by Star Wars for many years after the prequels. I used to read the novels, the comics, re-watch and re-watch the movies religiously. I'll never forget camping out for TPM, playing Star Wars monopoly with my friends. But for me - the prequels were such a huge step in the wrong direction. After spending years of time and money into all the fandom, I felt disillusioned, and I very suddenly lost interest.
I hadn't thought twice about StarWars for years after ROTS, but then I heard EP7 was being directed by Abrams...and that peaked my interest. And after watching this.... holy hell! That looks right! That feels right! It's...it's StarWars. Like from my childhood, StarWars. Darn it, I can't believe this... but I'm back. This. looks. awesome.

I know how you feel….*wipes tear*…I know how you feel!

the lightsaber is cool, but it will fall apart and get destroyed easily when a Jedi cuts his/her lightsaber into the metal part with the two small blades.

Unless it doesn't. There are examples of materials a lightsaber can't cut through.

B3in_VI9_CUAEWm_NZ.jpg

I miss the old models they used to use for the spaceships. CGI spaceships always look fake no matter what. It's great to see the Falcon but it moves as if it has no weight at all.

I disagree. The Millennium Falcon is just quick and its slender shape allows it to "cut" through the air at high speeds, but just look right as the ship shoots down over the sand. It does a very weighted wobble as sand kicks up around the Falcon. I thought that was a great touch.

I mean....give me a final shot of old Luke busting out his lightsaber or something JJ!

Make me wanna say...." F@$K YEAH" !

Instead of....."Meh...whatever"...

I mean....give me a final shot of old Luke busting out his lightsaber or something JJ!

Make me wanna say...." F@$K YEAH" !

Instead of....."Meh...whatever"...

If the Millennium Falcon triumphantly soaring through the air isn't a "F@$K YEAH!" moment for you, then that's a damn shame.:( I think something like Luke busting out his lightsaber seems like something a later trailer would show. Not a teaser.

If the Millennium Falcon triumphantly soaring through the air isn't a "F@$K YEAH!" moment for you, then that's a damn shame.:( I think something like Luke busting out his lightsaber seems like something a later trailer would show. Not a teaser.

Sadly...it wasn't enough buddy. It was nice seeing the Millennium Falcon again....but it didn't make me love the teaser as much as it could of. In this day and age...I think teasers should be more powerful and more like a trailer. If weak azz footage is going to be shown in a teaser...than don't even bother showing the "teaser" IMO.

Sorry buddy! Like I said...better footage should have been shown. I get the point of the teaser...but come on now. Don't show weak footage.

Gotta hope the next trailer during the summer will step it the hell up!

Last edited:
I have not kept up with every post in this thread. This might have been covered already. Also, not to say the AP is correct. This is from the Associated Press article regarding the trailer:

Andy Serkis is responsible for the haunting voiceover narration throughout the short spot, which previews a world 30 years after the events of "Return of the Jedi."

Just because some people didn't see what they WANTED to see in a teaser trailer, doesn't mean what we got is of poor quality. Give credit to what they've decided to show us at this early time of post-production. It was fantastic.

Wasn't it leaked that the character with the cross guard/Revan mask the cyborg? If so, the Cyborg is undeniably male.

Wasn't it leaked that the character with the cross guard/Revan mask the cyborg? If so, the Cyborg is undeniably male.

It'd make sense for the cyborg to wear masks. His face is completely ****ed.

I don't think the Sith in the trailer is Christie, but I could be wrong. I actually forgot she was in this.
A female can't be a cyborg?

The concept art shows the cyborg as a male. I guess that could have changed as production progressed on, but the initial cyborg concept was a male character.

the main antagonist and hero being female would be rad as **** though.

Just because some people didn't see what they WANTED to see in a teaser trailer, doesn't mean what we got is of poor quality. Give credit to what they've decided to show us at this early time of post-production. It was fantastic.

A teaser trailer is supposed to get you excited about the film. This didn't do it.

A storm trooper running up a sand bank? No nothing.
A football droid rolling about? No nothing.
A girl on a speeder bike? Seen it before.
A bloke in a forest who lights a light saber with a cross guard? Bit gimmicky.
Millennium Falcon fighting two TIE fighters? Yes it was nice to see it again.
The voice over. There has been an awakening, can you feel it? The dark side and the light? No I can't feel it. I'm not even sure what it's meant to mean.

All in all I was disappointed.

They don't have to show lots of footage. It's a year away, we know it's not completed. They could have gone for something simple. Have the baddie sitting on a throne and he say's "the Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor." Then shift to quick flashes of lightsabers/storm troopers/millenium falcon etc... then at the end just hear his laughter.
Something that lets you know the war isn't over. That they still have a fight on their hands. Something to let you know the film is coming and it is going to be epic. This showed nothing.

If you liked it that's great. But for me, I wanted more.

Last edited:
I've been around the block enough to that ya things will pick up with the next trailer, for those who were disappointed.

Never said that. However, the cyborg we see in the concept art was a male.

Eh, it appears that way but the figure is so covered up, there's no way of knowing for sure. When Christie first appears on GoT, she's dressed in full armor and everyone thinks she's a dude until she takes her mask off.

ЯɘvlveR;30203075 said:
the main antagonist and hero being female would be rad as **** though.

Yeah it would be great. I really like Christie on Game of Thrones and I'd gladly watch her whoop some Jedi ass. I wouldn't want her to be the Master tho. I think she'd be better in a role like Vader's. She's a power house and it's believable that she could stomp a mud hole in someone's ass. Plus, now I have this image of Christie kneeling before a shadowy entity in a dark room. Her being off the scene being the puppet master manipulating stuff just wouldn't please me. I want her in the action.

Anyone who hasn't watched any of her work should check out the season finale of Game of Thrones Season 4. Her duel with the Hound (a male character) is :wow:.

I've been around the block enough to that ya things will pick up with the next trailer, for those who were disappointed.

Don't worry. This hasn't dented my excitement for these films. Just hoped we'd see something.

Will wait eagerly for the next trailer.

Eh, it appears that way but the figure is so covered up, there's no way of knowing for sure. When Christie first appears on GoT, she's dressed in full armor and everyone thinks she's a dude until she takes her mask off.

The cyborg's face is distinctly male in the art piece of him holding Daisy.

This teaser did it for me. The burst of the main theme with Millennium Falcon soaring. Star Wars is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"