Trump versus Obama. Who would have won?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Have you ever wondered who would have won if Trump had gone up against Obama? Let's just assume neither were presidents yet and they were both candidates

Hmm. I thought you meant incumbent Obama, somehow able to go for a third term, he would have pretty decisively won.

From him just being senator for four years, hard to say but he would probably still win. They both would have been outsiders, Obama would try to tie Trump to Bush and wouldn't have been quite as successful as he was doing so with McCain but he would successfully make an issue out of Trump being way too rich and thus out-of-touch (a selfish plutocrat rather than a nationalist, not really for the U.S. at all just himself). Plus he would get less hostility from the left than did Hillary Clinton.

If it was Obama for a third term then he'd sweep it.

If it was new Obama vs Trump then I'd still give it to Obama but it'd be harder to swing things his way.

You'd have Birtherism to the max if Trump was taking Obama head on. Plus Obama would probably win cause we're dealing with a man who used racism to charge up his base and it would come out the Racist vs the Well Spoken Black Man in the end.

Can you imagine the debates?

Trump barely stopped himself from screaming about how Hilary was only a woman. I can just see him trying not to scream slurs every time he opened his mouth.

Obama would win no contest. It took a lot of apathy for trump to win this time and he didn’t even win the popular vote, there was a ton of excitement in Obama’s first campaign.

Obama would win 2008 but I think he would have lost 2012. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he would have won a third term last year too just because he would have no f***s left to give and would make Trump look like a buffoon in the debates.

I'm saying Obama would have won because I tend to view the elections as being Obama got the vote out and won, while Clinton played it safe and lost. Obama had the charisma to instill enthusiasm and for whatever other faults you could find in him, was a better speaker than Trump in terms of seeming amiable and sincere. Plus, I remember reading an article that said Obama's key advantage in swing states was that he'd quietly swing one or two members of GOP households to support him.

Trump benefitted from people voting against Clinton. Trump benefitted from not having to go on the defense from an opponent's attack. I don't think that would work against the guy who successfully made "hope" and "yes, we can" his campaign slogans.

Obama is just plain likeable on his worst days. And he seems like a person that genuinely means well and is well educated. And those positive traits would have looked even better when compared to Trump's behavior. So I think Obama would have beaten Trump.

Trump would probably win, with some help from Russia. ;)

I doubt Russia would have had as much success against Obama.

If Obama had stayed in the Senate for four or eight more years he might be regarded more as corporate-friendly, like Booker has been, but he still wouldn't be perceived to be corporate-friendly as Hillary Clinton was.

Obama. And Trump knew it. Hence the reason he didn’t seriously run until afterward.

I voted Obama in the poll but I think TPP and interventionist Imperialism could make it more competitive than most would think

Obama, and it's not even a question. He was still decently popular when compared to Trump's turnout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"