TV Violence & Gender

The Man Of 16

Civilian
Reaction score
It seems to me that when I'm watching movies or tv that women seem to be invulnerable to any punches or kicks by a man. One good example is from the movie Mr and Mrs Smith. If you watch carefully, there is actually no on-screen swing at her. He's either tackling her or pinning her against the wall or ground. But she lands a shot about 40 times, and a kick to the crotch. Then after its all said and done and theyre not fighting anymore she turns over and says something like "Nicely done."

NICELY DONE?!

She smacked him a LOT, and all he did was push her. THAT doesn't make any sense at all. If anything he should be down for the next 10-15 minutes and she should be out cold.

Why is it so wrong for a man to wind up and punch a woman in the jaw in a movie if she's deserving of it?

I've been noticing a trend in movies lately that always depict the men to be these excessively violent jerks. Whatever happened to the smart hero or smart villain that would sit down and come up with a battle plan instead of diving head first in the killing.

And why arent there any good women actors that can be violent and NOT be *****es? I thought that woman from Saw was good. But, MAN, WHAT.. A... C-WORD! ... WITH BAGGAGE! Although Angelina Jolie can pull it off very well. Probably the only female actor whos talented violently.

It just seems like violence can't be treated with the respect that it deserves in certain movies, and both genders are at fault for that. At least I think so.

What are your thoughts?

I want to see more little kids getting kicked like footballs.

"Although Angelina Jolie can pull it off very well. Probably the only female actor whos talented violently."

Thats what I always say. Sure I dislike most of her movies, but she seems like the type of women that could kick ass. Unlike Milla Jovovich who looks like she couldn't take a punch worth s***.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"