Twister Reboot ‘Twisters’ | Universal Pictures

Knowing how Hollywood operates, it's really bizarre that it's taken this long for a sequel to come out after the first one was such a hit. Granted, it did more or less kickstart the disaster movie trend of the late '90s.

Fingers crossed for Trachtenberg!!!!!

He would be an awesome choice.

Kinda surprised Jan De Bont dropped out of the Hollywood scene after 2003's Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life.

This sounds so stupid... It may actually work.

I do not want the daughter or son of Paxton and hunt as that trend of the “next generation” really is played out.

I do not want the daughter or son of Paxton and hunt as that trend of the “next generation” really is played out.
To be fair, I think the most contested of these kind of reboots is the Jurassic World films and those completely side-stepped grown-up Tim and Lex, Malcolm’s daughter and Ellie’s son.

How about... A billionaire opens a Tornado Theme Park. But the twisters escape! (Weather finds a way.) So then they call in Helen Hunt Jr. to save the day! :word:

I remember loving the original when it came out but then a friend of mine referred to it as “that movie where Helen Hunt tries to get revenge on a tornado for killing her dad” and I was never able to take it seriously again.

That said, I would probably watch a sequel. That tornado theme park idea is gold.:funny:

It could go the Independence Day sequel route where just nobody cares 20 years later.

But with Spielberg attached, I feel like he wouldn’t waste his time if he didn’t think he could bring it back big like Jurassic.

I think that maybe the two twisters battle at first, but then team up to take on a cyclone. Though I can already see fans complaining that it's too soon to introduce a cyclone.

To be fair, I think the most contested of these kind of reboots is the Jurassic World films and those completely side-stepped grown-up Tim and Lex, Malcolm’s daughter and Ellie’s son.
And yet I'd still welcome any of them with open arms over clone girl.

:applaud

God, I want this movie so bad now.

You just know they'll find a way to rope Pratt into this as an ex navy/Military type who's here to oversee a twister project or helping civilians flee.

Helen Hunt's character will have a daughter that's closer to his age so it doesn't look weird (Hunt and Pratt)

Paxton's character could have died chasing a normal twister that ends up being a bigger threat.

For giggles the twister that killed Paxton has somehow grown many years later and now Hunt wants to chase it(Jaws revenge vibes) Or a similar one like the one that killed Paxton.

Hunt's daughter- Mom? What's wrong?

Hunt- I've seen this type of movement.............

*Ominous music*

Bummer. I was hoping for the Twister to return as villain

Did Chung have some sort of secret Twister sequel pitch he had hidden deep away with him for so many years and couldn't wait to unveil it when the time came? I hope so!

I want a spin-off: Twister's Sister. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"